Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

It's one of Pardew's things isn't it?

Doesn't change a winning team if possible.

Disappointed he's not starting MYM, Taylor will have to throughly play himself out of the team before Pardew will drop him I expect.

Jonas instead of Marv I can understand, Marveaux may not be up to starting after his knock. Of course when he does come on it'll be for Gouffran, not Jonas, regardless of how they both look.

Don't mind Perch playing if having a designated sitter allows Cabaye more license to get forward.

It's a shit thing. Play your best players*.

Aye, didn't say I liked it. Just not surprised.

Same with Raylor and Santon last year. Raylor had to basically go out and puke on his own face before Pardew dropped him.

Ben Arfa and Obertan too. :lol:

Everyone chill the f*** out, there was the same reaction before Villa and we won, with the first half being some of the best football we've played all season. When it doesn't work, slate him then.

Is what you meant.

Did we lose to Villa?

Everyone chill the f*** out, there was the same reaction before Villa and we won, with the first half being some of the best football we've played all season. When it doesn't work, slate him then.

Is what you meant.

Did we lose to Villa?

We tried our f***ing hardest to in that second half. The fact that we didn't quite manage to chuck it away is scant cause for celebration.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't have any hate for Perch, or Taylor, or even Jonas. The problem is that we have considerably better players on the bench, to varying degrees.

Jonas is starting Chelsea. Marveaux is allergic to defending. If there is one thing you can say for sure with Pardew, it is that he values defensive shape above all and in a match like this, you cannot expect him to play Sylvain. The only thing that truly annoys me is Yanga-Mbiwa being on the bench, but I believe I understand what Pardew is thinking.

Is what you meant.

Did we lose to Villa?

We tried our f***ing hardest to in that second half. The fact that we didn't quite manage to chuck it away is scant cause for celebration.

Tactics and subs were largely responsible for that, not the starting line-up.

People expected different?

Nope but it still doesn't make it anymore of a joke tbh, i still think we can win the game but even so that really isn't the point is it.

We went through this before with Obertan and R.Taylor and Pardew would never drop them, because we win the game doesn't make it the right choice.

Colo and Saylor have a good understanding of each other. As much as we'd like to, you can't just lob a foreign CB in and expect instant results. Understandable selection.

Jonas is the only choice that worries me, still strangely confident though.

Guest firetotheworks

Is what you meant.

Did we lose to Villa?

Tactics and subs were largely responsible for that, not the starting line-up.

Surely there's justification in expecting exactly the same of Pardew again if he's started the same team again then?

Colo and Saylor have a good understanding of each other. As much as we'd like to, you can't just lob a foreign CB in and expect instant results. Understandable selection.

Jonas is the only choice that worries me, still strangely confident though.

When he's as good as Yanga-Mbiwa is then you can.

Jonas is starting Chelsea. Marveaux is allergic to defending. If there is one thing you can say for sure with Pardew, it is that he values defensive shape above all and in a match like this, you cannot expect him to play Sylvain. The only thing that truly annoys me is Yanga-Mbiwa being on the bench, but I believe I understand what Pardew is thinking.

Yeah Mbiwa might have been the better bet against Ba. That could come back to bite us on the arse.

Is what you meant.

Did we lose to Villa?

Chelsea aren't Villa.

I always expected Jonas to start, Santon has been better with Jonas back nomatter how shit Jonas is. However, playing Saylor over MBiwa? WTF?