Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Who's there likely centre halves? Cahill and Ivanovic?

Think we can do something against them and their right back.

Aye i would expect the midfield would be easier to get through as well without Mikel, say what you want him but he's definitely their best DM.

We probably won't have a better chance tbh  :laugh:

Who's there likely centre halves? Cahill and Ivanovic?

Think we can do something against them and their right back.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/251/jonasgood.jpg

Is terry not fit?

It's gonna be the usual, play very well for like 45 minutes and score one or two only to still lose the game by two goals. Probably a penalty because of some sloppy/silly defending or a deflected Lampard shot or something. Us hitting the post/bar and perhaps one cleared off the line and a couple of great saves from Chech. One of our players in our back four sent off.

Something like this...

I think Taylor over Mbiwa is the one that possibly could annoy me the most, mainly because i can see Chelsea's pace, movement and guile being too much for him.

Aye, especially as i think we'll have a go at them from the first minute. Our fullbacks bombing forward, us losing possession in their half and us having pretty much no player behind the ball with pace to recover.

I really f***ing hate Demba Ba now, can't remember a player that has shown us less respect when he has left. Really hope the lovely Papiss outscore him today and show him what this club is all about.

You are never going to get football mercenaries from another country feeling the same about NUFC as NE born players, or even other Brits....both Supermac and Rob Lee have an abiding love for the club despite being southerners. They might tell a few home truths about the club but so what ? They gave 100% whilst playing for us and were great players who were a credit to the club.

Ba, and indeed, all the other foreigners will not feel the same and we should not expect it...its just a job for them.

What a load of rubbish man. There's plenty of people from home soil who only care for the money, and we've had many a foreigner who have had a genuine affinity to the club/area.

You think this is 'a load of rubbish', do you, 'man'?

Then tell me who these 'many a foreigner' that have had a genuine affinity to the club and area are...also, who are the greedy locals you referred to..?

I really f***ing hate Demba Ba now, can't remember a player that has shown us less respect when he has left. Really hope the lovely Papiss outscore him today and show him what this club is all about.

You are never going to get football mercenaries from another country feeling the same about NUFC as NE born players, or even other Brits....both Supermac and Rob Lee have an abiding love for the club despite being southerners. They might tell a few home truths about the club but so what ? They gave 100% whilst playing for us and were great players who were a credit to the club.

Ba, and indeed, all the other foreigners will not feel the same and we should not expect it...its just a job for them.

What a load of rubbish man. There's plenty of people from home soil who only care for the money, and we've had many a foreigner who have had a genuine affinity to the club/area.

You think this is 'a load of rubbish', do you, 'man'?

Then tell me who these 'many a foreigner' that have had a genuine affinity to the club and area are...also, who are the greedy locals you referred to..?

Solano, Dabizas, Sibierski, Jonas, Albert, Ketsbaia, Srnicek?

Carroll, Beardsley, Gascoigne all fucked off first chance they got.

Ginola, Solano, Bernard?

Ginola and Solano I can accept...esp Nobby.

They are exceptions though...think of the UK players who have played here and still talk about us fondly ; Beardsley, Shearer, Gazza, Lee, Macdonald, Kennedy, Tommy Craig, Gary Speed(RIP) even Waddle.

I stand by what I said...there is no doubt that some of the foreign players that have played here genuinely have feeling for the club but in the main, local and UK born players have more genuine loyalty and it wasn't just a job for them.

Of the current group, I would say Cabaye enjoys the feel of the club and Colo has enjoyed his time too but both will be on their way as soon as it suits them - in Colo's case, by the end of the season for sure...