Newcastle United vs Chelsea - 02/02/13 at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Newcastle's win over Aston Villa was a big result for them, even if they were clinging on for dear life at the final whistle. Their players celebrated like they had just qualified for the Champions League which, given their recent form, was understandable.

Alan Pardew's new French contingent look like a decent bunch of players, especially Moussa Sissoko and, although some of them might need time to settle in, they should provide the boost to help the Magpies climb the table.

Chelsea, on the other hand, are reeling a little bit at the moment. Conceding two goals in the last three minutes of their draw against Reading is going to have knocked them back.

I'm going to go for a draw here, although Blues boss Rafael Benitez definitely needs to give Demba Ba a start on his return to St James' Park. On current form, it is a bit of a no-brainer to choose him ahead of Fernando Torres.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Have we had the debate on whether to boo or not to boo Ba ?

For me not to boo him is best, I think ignoring him and just showing ultimate support for Cisse is by far the best option BUT we know the majority will boo.

Have we had the debate on whether to boo or not to boo Ba ?

For me not to boo him is best, I think ignoring him and just showing ultimate support for Cisse is by far the best option BUT we know the majority will boo.

i don't think he will get a bad reception.... i won't boo him well maybe a little ... when he comes off the bench (he says in hope !!!!)

Why should we boo Ba? He is part of the reason we finished where we did (in spite of our dolt of a manager) and left as was entirely expected.

Nature of football... as much as he did for us won't matter, he left after not agreeing a deal to stay said a few comments about now playing with world class players. I am more than sure he will be boo'd.