Kevin Mbabu (now playing for VfL Wolfsburg)

TaylorJ_01

Good to see he's back on the bench. Hope he starts next week.

I'd have had him ahead of Dummett before today, but Dummett did alright defensively tbf. Let's hope he takes some confidence from this.

He did but imo it was because Ibe stopped torturing him; a move which I still don't understand.

When did Ibe torture him???

Dummett had him in his back pocket and he switched wings to have a go at Janmaat instead.

I agree, didn't get a thing out of him. unbelievably.

Well now I'm doubting myself. Am I misremembering the opening 20-25 minutes? If it wasn't Ibe it felt like someone was terrorizing our left hand side then switched flanks and Dummett grew into the game and got more confident, but not before.

From what I saw Dummett had the better of Ibe, who was like a dog with a bone.

Dummett is alright defensively. He knows how to defend. He offers nowt going forward apart from the odd good/great cross.

From what I saw Dummett had the better of Ibe, who was like a dog with a bone.

Dummett is alright defensively. He knows how to defend. He offers nowt going forward apart from the odd good/great cross.

Dummett had a canny game against Liverpool although i'm still yet to understand the hype around Ibe, mainly from Liverpool fans. Everytime i've watched him he's been a 7/10 at best. The tactical switch from Klopp to switch Milner and Ibe didn't make sense though, Ibe was still at least having a go at Dummett, Milner done fuck all.

Dummett is still a poor left back though. Much prefer to seem him shifted inside and Mbabu left back. I don't think Mbabu is all that great defensively but at least he will offer a lot more going forward down the left hand side and we lack any sort of penetration down that side.

Well now I'm doubting myself. Am I misremembering the opening 20-25 minutes? If it wasn't Ibe it felt like someone was terrorizing our left hand side then switched flanks and Dummett grew into the game and got more confident, but not before.

Ibe definitely beat him out the outside a few times in the opening 20 minutes and was looking dangerous but he then was moved to the other flank for some reason and Dummett got better

Ibe ran at him a lot, got near the box on the outside, but Dummett blocked most if not all of the final pass/cross attempts. I think the switch came about from Klopp, because Dummett looked to be leaving a lot of space on the inside and Ibe kept going outside, i think he hoped Milner could try going inside a couple of times. Either way it failed, Dummett was very good defensively in my mind

• 1 month later...

I don't think he will be good enough for us.  Maybe better than Dummett.

What you basing this on? Since his introduction to the first team he's hardly put a foot wrong. From the radio sounded like he was one of our standout performers today and was hard done by to be withdrawn.

surely taking him off before him get injured again was a good idea in the long run, he's not played much at all. So a full 90 on his 1st game back would have probably been too much and could have risked injury

did he not take him off to change the formation? as opposed to taking him off as he thought he was poor?

Problem in itself, when making that switch, if the manager rates Dummett ahead of him - as a fullback.

Coming out of contract in the Summer will be a lifeboat for the kid, if Stevie remains and his unwavering support of Dummett continues.

What you basing this on? Since his introduction to the first team he's hardly put a foot wrong. From the radio sounded like he was one of our standout performers today and was hard done by to be withdrawn.

He doesn't look good enough with the ball imo.

He doesn't look good enough with the ball imo.

He's better going forward than he is defending? He's comfortable and confident on the ball.