Kevin Mbabu (now playing for VfL Wolfsburg)

TaylorJ_01

Alnwick hardly had to make any saves against Chelsea, it was just all balls into the box so it masked how awful at shot stopping he was. (Still massively fucked up for the Drogba goal) Mbabu actually was involved in yesterday's game and was good midweek. It does raise the question of why we've never seen him before this week though

Is left back his natural position? What a performance.

Accoring to transfermarkt.co.uk he's a right back but capable of playing every position in the defence. Right footed though but didn't see it being a problem yesterday and defended a lot better than Haidara anyway so should be 1st choice

What struck me was how quickly I trusted him. Before the first half was even over it felt like they were just wasting their time attacking down that side.

Mbabu being seemingly capable means it's time to move Dummett to CB full time. Fire Willo into the moon and start cycling Colo out of the first team.

Sissoko had an amazing debut as well iirc.

So did Jak Alnwick.....and against Chelsea [emoji38]

Let's not go overboard but yeah, hopefully Mbabu keeps his performances up!

Jak Alnwick was still dodgy as fuck against Chelsea just not as bad as he went on to be

With the whole team defending deep, yes.

No difference to yesterday then :lol:

I didn't see the game and from what i read here during the first half it didn't sound like we were sitting back? And he did really well by the sounds of it. I don't rate Haidara at all despite being decent in a couple of games. He's way too raw and not composed enough on the ball for my taste. Offers nothing forward either. Imo.

First half aye, but second half was no different to any other game against a big team this season tbh.

Unlike a lot of people i don't believe Haidara has been bad defensively since Southampton if anything everybody's favorite Janmaat has been worse at the defensive end.

But Mbabu has earned his spot until proven otherwise after that performance aye.

Made Garth Crook's Team of the Week.

As does Zouma, because even though he was at fault for conceding a goal he played a nice ball, and that's what counts if you're a defender.

I know I shouldn't take any notice to it, but howay man.

2-1-7 formation this week ?