Kevin Mbabu (now playing for VfL Wolfsburg)

TaylorJ_01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

His debut against Chelsea still gives me faint hope he might one day rise up against the soul-sucking Dummett and save us all.

Going by some of our previous full backs, yes Dummett's not great as an attacking threat but at least he can defend which is more than you can say about the like of Premier League winner Danny Simpson.

Seems like he's doing well at BSC, was MotM this weekend. Laid on a pretty good assist too. http://www.bernerzeitung.ch/sport/fussball/ybnoten-starker-mbabu/story/17422472

Liked this boy as soon as I saw him play.....if he has picked up the necessary experience he will be a major asset next season as we need a decent attacking LB.

He's actually been playing RB all season.

His debut against Chelsea still gives me faint hope he might one day rise up against the soul-sucking Dummett and save us all.

Going by some of our previous full backs, yes Dummett's not great as an attacking threat but at least he can defend which is more than you can say about the like of Premier League winner Danny Simpson.

Dummett was all over the place on Saturday, at least during the first half. His crosses were all over the place and he was quite often out of position when he was trotting back to get into position to defend.

Eh? Simpson's defensive ability is all he had going for him. He's a bit like Dummett in all honesty, not too bad defensively but absolutely terrible with the ball. Likes the same floated ball to nobody in particular as well.

We haven't rotated left back very much despite having Haidara, Lazaar and Gamez available. Mainly because Rafa is satisfied with Dummett's performances this season.

We've rotated right back with Anita and Yedlin but it's only recently that Gamez has been anywhere near the first team (due to injuries) and Mbabu would probably be behind those 3. Mbabu might have played cup matches but I think he's better off getting first team football elsewhere on loan and build up his fitness

• 2 months later...