Kevin Mbabu (now playing for VfL Wolfsburg)

TaylorJ_01

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, like, but I don't get these pointless loans we seem to be so keen on atm. Can we afford to lose the bodies? Can't understand why they've let Mbabu go. Surely he's better off with us?

He hasn't even been on the bench for us this season yet, has he? It's better for him to be getting games rather than milling around playing for the U23s.

Sorry, like, but I don't get these pointless loans we seem to be so keen on atm. Can we afford to lose the bodies? Can't understand why they've let Mbabu go. Surely he's better off with us?

If he plays a full season for Young Boys, that would be better than half a dozen games for us. While Rafa has Jesus, Anita, Yankie Doodle landing soon and Sterry for RB. And four CB's. LB granted is looking light, but Mbabu isn't really a LB anyhoo so it's a good deal fitness and first team football wise.

Think the main thing stopping him being in Rafas plans is his injury records.

Loan him out see if he can stay fit for a season then welcome him back with open arms if he can.

I think that's it really, pretty clear he's well rated, that's why we gave him a new contract despite his poor fitness record. If he could stay fit he'd be ready for first team action right now IMO. Looked a proper defender in the few outings he had last season and not too shabby bringing the ball out either. I think in the long term he'd be more reliable than Janmaat.