Transfer deadline day

Stifler

Whilst delighted with the signings and that it also looks like we are keeping our other key players, is nobody else not concerned that if Cisse gets an injury, we will be in real trouble. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen but think its a bit of a gamble on our part.

Then Gouffran gets drafted up front. In theory.

Still think its a big gamble as we know it will be Ameobi and Gouffran I see more as a support striker.

Darren Lewis @MirrorDarren

Goalposts being moved in the QPR-WBA deal. Now WBA want £ AND Junior Hoillett. Odemwingie fuming. Fernandes adamant he stay

Obviously never had dealings with Jeremy Peace before, great deal if we can pull it off.

Whilst delighted with the signings and that it also looks like we are keeping our other key players, is nobody else not concerned that if Cisse gets an injury, we will be in real trouble. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen but think its a bit of a gamble on our part.

Still think its a big gamble as we know it will be Ameobi and Gouffran I see more as a support striker.

So does everyone else, but in the instance that Cisse is injured, Gouffran upfront would be what we go to. At least for 12 minutes of the game until we throw Ameobi on in an attempt to shut up shop.

Gouffran has played CF for last 2 seasons at Bordeaux and he's one of the top 5 french scorers across europe in the last year with 22.

I have no problem with that as long as he's flanked by Hatem and someone else that isn't Shola.

Gouffran played as a lone striker at Bordeaux from what I've read

So does everyone else, but in the instance that Cisse is injured, Gouffran upfront would be what we go to. At least for 12 minutes of the game until we throw Ameobi on in an attempt to shut up shop.

Massive gamble as neither have good scoring records lets just hope Cisse is ok until the summer.

Massive gamble as neither have good scoring records lets just hope Cisse is ok until the summer.

Last two years upfront Gouffran has scored 1 in 2.

It's not a bad record...

Anyone know how much of his career Gouffran has played out wide and how much through the centre?

If he has played most of his career out wide then that will explain his early goalscoring record but as others have said he has scored lots of goals the last couple of seasons when he has definitely played central. The French journos were also saying how much his finishing has improved.

No guarantees but I wouldn't call him a poor finisher due to his overall record.

Anyone know how much of his career Gouffran has played out wide and how much through the centre?

If he has played most of his career out wide then that will explain his early goalscoring record but as others have said he has scored lots of goals the last couple of seasons when he has definitely played central. The French journos were also saying how much his finishing has improved.

No guarantees but I wouldn't call him a poor finisher due to his overall record.

All of his career was out wide apart from last 2 seasons....

As for his goalscoring record... OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

22 - Only two players - Gomis (25) & Aubameyang (24) - have scored more Ligue 1 goals since Aug 2011 than Yoan Gouffran (22). Debut.

Anyone else hear that on TalkSport just now? Apparently Arsenal just put in a £16.5M bid for Papisse?! :kasper:

Its to placate the restless Arsenal fans - hell, loyalty tested. Couple of seasons without a trophy....they may even increase to 18 mill. If Newcastle said yes, they'd sh*t themselves.