Transfer deadline day

Stifler

As I said earlier 12-15 goals and 8-10 assists for Welbeck this season at Arsenal. He's going to look really good in that team playing every week, with Giroud out. Think people will be quite shocked how much better he'll look.

He scored ten goals for us last season as a bit part player in a shitty Moyes system. By the opinion some have of him on here you'd think he has went 50 games without a goal. Has went a few games without a goal for England as well but his International record is still good. Was Englands top goalscorer in 2012.

Manchester lad, good ability, a lot of potential and a hard worker. I'm a bit gutted he's gone to be honest.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not sure Wellbeck is an Arsenal kind of player but he's a good player. He's similar to Bellamy in that he has bags of pace, runs the flanks well, works his socks off and can finish but isn't the greatest of finishers. He has lots of potential, I would have loved him here.

Welbeck is a striker who's goal to game ratio is largely poor. What's so good about him? The fact he played for Man Utd?

Wrong. Has never been a striker.

What is he then?

He's a forward. Allows him to be in the box loads and get no criticism for hardly ever scoring.

He was mostly used at us playing as a winger/forward on the left hand side, often dropping back into the centre to help out the midfield when they got overrun. See the Madrid game as a perfect example. He was the best player on the pitch and also scored a great header. I forgot to mention he's very good in the air.

He has never been used as a spearhead.

Welbeck is a striker who's goal to game ratio is largely poor. What's so good about him? The fact he played for Man Utd?

Wrong. Has never been a striker.

What is he then?

He's a forward. Allows him to be in the box loads and get no criticism for hardly ever scoring.

:lol:

Manchester lad, good ability, a lot of potential and a hard worker. I'm a bit gutted he's gone to be honest.

Shame. Could have gone on to become a Man Utd legend.

He would have though, despite you trying to be a dick. :lol: We will always love Welbeck. We picked him up as an eight year old.

He would have though, despite you trying to be a dick. :lol: We will always love Welbeck. We picked him up as an eight year old.

you and Savile?

you and Savile?

As I said earlier 12-15 goals and 8-10 assists for Welbeck this season at Arsenal. He's going to look really good in that team playing every week, with Giroud out. Think people will be quite shocked how much better he'll look.

He scored ten goals for us last season as a bit part player in a shitty Moyes system. By the opinion some have of him on here you'd think he has went 50 games without a goal. Has went a few games without a goal for England as well but his International record is still good. Was Englands top goalscorer in 2012.

The guy wasn't played upfront often enough, due to the great options you've always had upfront, and I think this has clouded people's judgement tbh.

He'll do really well, and he'll be a great foil for the plethora of attacking midfielders they have playing off the front man at Arsenal. Not only will he hold up the ball, but he can set people up too, as he sees a pass.

What do any of them actually mean?

"Good ability" is a nice vague term to describe someone you want to be good who doesn't have any particularly outstanding attribute. You've actually managed to give a serious list of attributes which mirrors what I was taking the piss with - English and young.

Manchester lad. Well done.

Lot of potential. He's young. Cracking.

Works hard. That's good, but hardly anything that makes him stand out much.

I'm sorry but I just don't see what people are seeing here. He fits right into the Cleverley bracket currently and the fact he's played so much for England  just emphasises how weak our international set up is (along with the obvious Manchester United factor). If he improves considerably then fair enough, but currently it seems a transfer I'd be laughing my tits off about if I was a Man Utd fan.

Guest firetotheworks

Watch him off the ball the next time you get a chance and you might see more to his game than you do at the moment. I don't think he's a world beater or even a decent striker, but I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as people make out and in fact plays well quite often. People make their minds up about a player sometimes and that's fine, but it's worth looking at him again imo.

Having said that, I think he's a terrible signing for Arsenal and not at all what they need. :lol:

OK then.

• He's fast. He can break with devastating pace. An excellent player for counter attacks.
  • He has top level fitness. He can run and run all day for you, either for attacks, for tracking back or for chasing down balls late in a game to buy yourself some time.
  • He's excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. He's a pretty strong lad.
  • His movement is of the very highest level. There's actually few in the Premier League with better movement. He knows where to run. He knows where others will run.
  • He's a very intelligent player. Remember his backheel at the Euros? You think that was lucky?
  • He's selfless. He'll do a job for you anywhere on the pitch should you require it. No bitching and moaning. A top professional.
  • He's very good in the air. He starts a lot of attacks by winning the ball in the air and getting it to a teammate.

He's supposed to be this terrible finisher yet scored 10 goals last season as a bit part player. His chance conversion rate was actually higher than Suarez, Sturridge, Aguero and RVP last season. His passing success is also 85% over his entire career with us. His pass and move link up play is quality.

This is ignorance from you for some inexplicable reason. You don't like him? Fine. He is quite clearly a good player though. You also had a go at his England record. He was Englands best player for a while. He was the only one scoring consistently for you 2012-2013.

It seems if you don't go on dazzling runs every twenty minutes or score 25 goals a season people just won't rate you. They'll be extra cynical if you get gametime for a big club.

Believe me, Manchester United fans are not laughing about this transfer. I'd rather have given a struggling RVP back to Arsenal than let Danny go. Especially since Falcao came in.

Guest firetotheworks

OK then.

• He's fast. He can break with devastating pace. An excellent player for counter attacks.
  • He has top level fitness. He can run and run all day for you, either for attacks, for tracking back or for chasing down balls late in a game to buy yourself some time.
  • He's excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. He's a pretty strong lad.
  • His movement is of the very highest level. There's actually few in the Premier League with better movement. He knows where to run. He knows where others will run.
  • He's a very intelligent player. Remember his backheel at the Euros? You think that was lucky?
  • He's selfless. He'll do a job for you anywhere on the pitch should you require it. No bitching and moaning. A top professional.
  • He's very good in the air. He starts a lot of attacks by winning the ball in the air and getting it to a teammate.

He's supposed to be this terrible finisher yet scored 10 goals last season as a bit part player. His chance conversion rate was actually higher than Suarez, Sturridge, Aguero and RVP last season. His passing success is also 85% over his entire career with us. His pass and move link up play is quality.

This is ignorance from you for some inexplicable reason. You don't like him? Fine. He is quite clearly a good player though. You also had a go at his England record. He was Englands best player for a while. He was the only one scoring consistently for you 2012-2013.

It seems if you don't go on dazzling runs every twenty minutes or score 25 goals a season people just won't rate you. They'll be extra cynical if you get gametime for a big club.

Believe me, Manchester United fans are not laughing about this transfer. I'd rather have given a struggling RVP back to Arsenal than let Danny go. Especially since Falcao came in.

That's the bit that I've noticed more than anything. Dunno about it being up there as one of the best, but his movement is excellent imo.

A lot of people just don't pay attention to that side of the game. He creates so much space for others to run into as well. That will be devastating at Arsenal. Ramsey will have a field day. Giroud won't regain his place.

Guest firetotheworks

A lot of people just don't pay attention to that side of the game. He creates so much space for others to run into as well. That will be devastating at Arsenal. Ramsey will have a field day. Giroud won't regain his place.

That's where I disagree like. I think Arsenal already have runners in abundance and Giroud is a much better out and out striker than Welbeck. I can't see it working for him at Arsenal tbh, I think about it and it just doesn't fit together with me at all.

What do any of them actually mean?

"Good ability" is a nice vague term to describe someone you want to be good who doesn't have any particularly outstanding attribute. You've actually managed to give a serious list of attributes which mirrors what I was taking the piss with - English and young.

Manchester lad. Well done.

Lot of potential. He's young. Cracking.

Works hard. That's good, but hardly anything that makes him stand out much.

I'm sorry but I just don't see what people are seeing here. He fits right into the Cleverley bracket currently and the fact he's played so much for England  just emphasises how weak our international set up is (along with the obvious Manchester United factor). If he improves considerably then fair enough, but currently it seems a transfer I'd be laughing my tits off about if I was a Man Utd fan.

He's got more about him than Cleverley ever will iyam.

i've not seen a great deal of welbeck and was livid when he started the first game for england in the world cup but he surprised me and was excellent in that match tbh

wonder if arsene thinks he's going to be their (less tricky) strurridge working the right forward channel to death