Transfer deadline day

Stifler

Guest bimpy474

I'm surprised Tom Ince has managed to stay put.

Out of contract in the summer, stupid prices quoted.

Exactly... thought Blackpool would have lowered the asking price to at least get something.

They still will i think, he's under 24 or has that rule changed again ?

Didn't he move from Liverpool to Blackpool on the compensation thing? If so I am sure it won't be valid and Blackpool have well and truly fucked themselves over.

Dunno if it can happen twice, i think if i remember it right when he moved to Blackpool they sorted out compensation without going to a tribunal, if that means owt.

Well Graham seemed to be second choice striker so I guess Luke Moore and Itay Schecter have just moved up the pecking order. It seems a lot of clubs are light on strikers. Tottenham, Man City (unless John Guidetti gets a chance) and ourselves for a start.

what you on about, we've got shola, ranger and campbell ?

I'm sure you are joking but just in case, I meant senior strikers. I counted Cisse, Gouffran and Shola (and I don't think Shola's goals per game return warrants the "striker" label).

aye i was joking, but only just. i just want to play one up top with tonnes of support, we have the personnel.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly... thought Blackpool would have lowered the asking price to at least get something.

Ahh. No it more than likely hasn't changed, I just forgot. :D

Still maybe being a little greedy, could have got a decent fee rather than a cut off compensation wedge. Although clearly it would depend on how much someone desires him now.

I can see Blackpool thinking they can still go up, last time they did they were in a ridiculous 19th place or something at this time the season they made it up. They went on a mental run and got the last play off place.

That happening again, so they've done themselves out of quite a wedge.

Guest bimpy474

Poor guy is still in Stoke.

With Stoke's two massive signings as he put it, a GK they didn't need and an American no one has ever heard of.

Righto :lol:

:huff: Shea is a damn good player.

He may well be, but he isn't a massive signing as Sky keep saying. Educated guess this but i bet he's a big lad. Stoke an all :lol:

Still maybe being a little greedy, could have got a decent fee rather than a cut off compensation wedge. Although clearly it would depend on how much someone desires him now.

I can see Blackpool thinking they can still go up, last time they did they were in a ridiculous 19th place or something this time the season they made it up. They went on a mental run and got the last play off place.

Aye fair point, that's probably the logic they have looked at it with (that promotion is still possible). Just don't seem to have that intimidation factor they had under Holloway though. Twats were never beaten under him.

I think the compensation rule will actually still apply, but could be wrong.

With Stoke's two massive signings as he put it, a GK they didn't need and an American no one has ever heard of.

He may well be, but he isn't a massive signing as Sky keep saying. Educated guess this but i bet he's a big lad. Stoke an all :lol:

:lol: He's a big dude, but he plays small, man. I'm a fan. It's not a massive signing, but it's a pretty savvy one if it works out.

Guest bimpy474

I can see Blackpool thinking they can still go up, last time they did they were in a ridiculous 19th place or something this time the season they made it up. They went on a mental run and got the last play off place.

Aye fair point, that's probably the logic they have looked at it with. Just don't seem to have that intimidation factor they had under Holloway though. Twats were never beaten under him.

I think the compensation rule will actually still apply, but could be wrong.

Holloway is mental, he could have his teams playing brilliant or absolutely dreadful. And i dont think i've ever seen a manager swear as much as him at everyone. He makes Warnock look like a nun.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: He's a big dude, but he plays small, man. I'm a fan. It's not a massive signing, but it's a pretty savvy one if it works out.

Well as long as he can hoof it miles, head it and tackle like an axe murderer he'll suit Stoke lovely.

Well as long as he can hoof it miles, head it and tackle like an axe murderer he'll suit Stoke lovely.

:lol: Sounds like he could play somewhere else too.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: Sounds like he could play somewhere else too.

Oi we don't tackle :lol:

Not reading 30 pages of this , just thought I'd drop by to praise Kate Riley - she is phenomenal. Wow.

Shit deadline day, the worst one yet. Odemwingate was mildly entertaining though.

Trust me. It wasn't shit. Not if you'd been following those 30 pages you missed. :lol: