Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

I think everyone has pointed out that Colo was at fault for both goals. The discussion is whether Perch was at fault too, which is pretty clear tha he was. Some just like to form discussion based on the assumption that people love Tiote and Perch is shit and that it has nothing to do with their footballing abilites.

And as for indi, if we want to move on to stuff that actually matter, what's the point of the forum? Might as well everyone go out and contribute to society in a better way then...

"Predictions of doom" as you put it Indi, were correct in the summer then you vanished from the football forum in the main so that's a bit rich.

The likes of myself and Dave are here all the time so the idea that people who don't trust the board vanish when the club do something well is such a load of shit. The other way round is certainly true though. Several of Ashley's fans left this forum for a year when we went down.

I largely disappeared from the football forum a long time before that, but thanks for reminding me why. See ya.  :sadwave:

The notion that fans show up and disappear according to how well an owner/manager/player is doing is a bit shit. It's shit when people actually do it, and it's shit when people think others are doing it. I'll never understand it. We're all here of our own free will, to support the club whatever happens.

I largely disappeared from the football forum a long time before that, but thanks for reminding me why. See ya:sadwave:

Don't be daft.  :lol:

Just to clarify, I mean from this thread and pointless argument. I should have learned my lesson a long time ago, namely that it's a waste of time going against the majority's miserablist point of view and just left them to it. People's minds are made up and nothing will ever change that and getting myself into an ongoing argument under such circumstances is a stupid thing to do. I stated my opinion and those whose minds are open to such things will have understood my point without need of further explanation, whilst those whose minds are closed to all dissent will refuse to understand it regardless of how much time I waste trying to explain it. That's how things are on here, no-one ever changes their mind, we're all entrenched in our positions and refuse to budge, so make your point and get the hell out is the best tactic, anything beyond that is pointless. The current discussion in this thread is a perfect example: jump or don't jump is what it boils down to. If people want to get all irate over that because that's all they've got to get irate over at the moment, then fine, have fun.

Just to clarify, I mean from this thread and pointless argument. I should have learned my lesson a long time ago, namely that it's a waste of time going against the majority's miserablist point of view and just left them to it. People's minds are made up and nothing will ever change that and getting myself into an ongoing argument under such circumstances is a stupid thing to do. I stated my opinion and those whose minds are open to such things will have understood my point without need of further explanation, whilst those whose minds are closed to all dissent will refuse to understand it regardless of how much time I waste trying to explain it. That's how things are on here, no-one ever changes their mind, we're all entrenched in our positions and refuse to budge, so make your point and get the hell out is the best tactic, anything beyond that is pointless. The current discussion in this thread is a perfect example: jump or don't jump is what it boils down to. If people want to get all irate over that because that's all they've got to get irate over at the moment, then fine, have fun.

:thup:

Guest tollemache

You can tell that things have got better recently because people are having a blazing row about whether or not a the wall should have jumped or not! :lol:

Jesus Christ, is it really worth it? It's really unlike Perch not to put his body on the line and you can bet your arse that he'll jump the next time he's in a wall, problem solved, let's move on to things that actually matter in some way, eh?

It really seems as if there's always a negative cloud floating around the place nowadays, that people will never be happy and will always have something to moan about regardless of what's actually happening at the club. If things are going well in their usual pet-hate area then they'll just move onto something else, until they can go back to it later. For example, where are all the people who were saying with absolute conviction that we weren't going to sign anyone in the window and that all our best players were going to leave? They're either keeping quiet for a bit, or have moved on to something else for a bit, but you can guarantee that they'll be back in the summer and regardless of whether or not their predictions of doom come true they'll return once more next xmas. Why put all that effort into being miserable? You'll just get to the end of your life and realise that you didn't enjoy the fleeting moments of good fortune that you'll get as a Newcastle fan because you were too obsessively focussed on the rest. Anyway...

You can tell that things have got better recently because people are having a blazing row about whether or not a the wall should have jumped or not! :lol:

Jesus Christ, is it really worth it? It's really unlike Perch not to put his body on the line and you can bet your arse that he'll jump the next time he's in a wall, problem solved, let's move on to things that actually matter in some way, eh?

It really seems as if there's always a negative cloud floating around the place nowadays, that people will never be happy and will always have something to moan about regardless of what's actually happening at the club. If things are going well in their usual pet-hate area then they'll just move onto something else, until they can go back to it later. For example, where are all the people who were saying with absolute conviction that we weren't going to sign anyone in the window and that all our best players were going to leave? They're either keeping quiet for a bit, or have moved on to something else for a bit, but you can guarantee that they'll be back in the summer and regardless of whether or not their predictions of doom come true they'll return once more next xmas. Why put all that effort into being miserable? You'll just get to the end of your life and realise that you didn't enjoy the fleeting moments of good fortune that you'll get as a Newcastle fan because you were too obsessively focussed on the rest. Anyway...

This.

I think this game showed how much attacking depth we lack, as soon as Gouffran went off we was toothless....

Okay Ben Arfa was injured and i cannot wait to have him back like everyone else but having Marveaux and Jonas as wide forwards is a joke quite frankly.

Gouffran-Cisse-Ben Arfa is a great front 3 but behind it we have Marveaux-Shola-Obertan  :lol:

I know Gouffran can play through the middle and most of these wide players can play both sides but it really isn't good enough.

Of course we all knew that but this game showed us against a top side just how bad it is, luckily Ben Arfa seems like he will be back for Southampton and maybe Gouffran too so that's good.

How ever looking forward to next season i really do hope we strengthen significantly in forward areas as having some depth up front is probably the difference between a season like this and finishing in the top 6.

Thoroughly extraordinary that some people now think we're in a position where they can say "God some people will moan about anything"

We're still deep in a relegation battle ffs.

:thup:

The people however who are saying these are those that are in the wrong. I think in the end not everyone is that stubborn on here as indi is trying to suggest as well as the fact that this is a football forum and is for the discussion of everything. I mean what's the point in even discussing stuff like performances and so on if we can't go back in time and change it?

Guest neesy111

Thoroughly extraordinary that some people now think we're in a position where they can say "God some people will moan about anything"

We're still deep in a relegation battle ffs.

Indi likes to have a moan about things tbh.

The wall should had jumped, simple as. :lol:

I think cabaye should had been sent off on 2nd viewing of that tackle.

Yeah, there really isn't any debate tbh, that isn't being stubborn, you just don't stand still when a player has a freekick from ~25 yards out :lol:

Cabaye definitely should have gone.

So... People are talking in the match thread about one of the match-defining moments in a match we lost a day ago and that qualifies as moaning about the club and being all doom and gloom?

I don't get it.