Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Frustrating Game, thought we were worth a point. iritating ref. 

how long was the ball in play after 89 mins, couldnt have been more than 2 mins played, annoying as f***.

Aye that really annoyed me, time wasting during the whole f*cking injury time and ref not doing a thing about it.

Not that sad/annoyed or irritated. Did ok first half...second so so. Did ok though until they scored their second. did enough and controlled the game up to the mistake beween Taylor and colo.

And btw. Krul is horrible at kicking.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bale apart we were thte better side. ANNoying as f***

Were we fuck. We were decent first half without ever being overly threatening but in the second half we reverted to type and they caused as all kinds of problems down both flanks and especially down the middle when Adebayor came on.

Were we fuck. We were decent first half without ever being overly threatening but in the second half we reverted to type and they caused as all kinds of problems down both flanks and especially down the middle when Adebayor came on.

take bale out of thier team and we would have beaten them today.

Hmm. Did something (out of annoyance) on Gareth Bale being a dead ringer for Ceasar out of "Rise of" but somebody would no doubt start ranting about -isms and -phobias, so deleted it.....

Guest Howaythetoon

Were we f***. We were decent first half without ever being overly threatening but in the second half we reverted to type and they caused as all kinds of problems down both flanks and especially down the middle when Adebayor came on.

Ifs and buts, you said apart from Bale, we were the better side when in fact we were not. Lennon, Bale, Adebayor when he came on, Walker even though he's shit, Dembele and Dempsey all caused us problems where as Goufran was our only real threat, that and a couple of Cabaye shots from outside of the box.

We split the points this season with Spurs. Beat them the first match of the season and then lost to them at their ground with 2 mistakes punished by the in-form Bale.

I'm not going to overreact about this. I think the mistakes we made were there to see and we'll be playing lesser opposition that we should hopefully dominate home and away and picking up points.

Were we f***. We were decent first half without ever being overly threatening but in the second half we reverted to type and they caused as all kinds of problems down both flanks and especially down the middle when Adebayor came on.

Ifs and buts, you said apart from Bale, we were the better side when in fact we were not. Lennon, Bale, Adebayor when he came on, Walker even though he's shit, Dembele and Dempsey all caused us problems where as Goufran was our only real threat, that and a couple of Cabaye shots from outside of the box.

:thup: I didn't see anywhere near an even match second half. And they shaded the first half, too. We weren't dreadful, but I'm surprised at so many people saying we matched them over the whole match.

Doesn't help that that fat ponce was determined not to give us a thing. But nowhere near calling that excuse. Just wanted to rant about him. Fucking awful attempt at a performance today.

Gouffran was a massive miss, was all over the shop before he went off. Only complaint was his attempt at heading the ball. Just yet another player to add to the list of excuses as to why we shouldn't be launching the ball.

Weirdly, I think I'm over this already. I hate Spurs/Bale but didn't honestly expect anything from them today.

The Gouffran thing took the sting out of it for me, after that I just wanted him to be okay. They're a better side than us and in good form. We played okay, made them work hard and bounced back well from a rubbish start.

We've now got a nice little distraction in Europe and four huge league games which are all winnable and could see us move into the top half of the table. Looking forward to it.

Guest palnese

Weirdly, I think I'm over this already. I hate Spurs/Bale but didn't honestly expect anything from them today.

Looking forward to it.

For the first time in months, I'm really looking forward to watching us play.

The Gouffran thing took the sting out of it for me, after that I just wanted him to be okay. They're a better side than us and in good form. We played okay, made them work hard and bounced back well from a rubbish start.

We've now got a nice little distraction in Europe and four huge league games which are all winnable and could see us move into the top half of the table. Looking forward to it.

Agree with all of that. :thup: I'll definitely feel a lot better about the match if Gouffran isn't too badly injured.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought Dowd was poor today mind. Not in a bias way because Cabaye should have walked and there should have been a pen to Spurs. He was too lenient with challenges imo. Having said that, we weren't wise to it and should have been more aggressive ourselves and Cabaye, Cisse and Santon shouldn't have continued to be sloppy with their touches and passing.

It was easy to see that the momentum swung away when Gouffran went off. I like Marveaux a lot, but that is not his position.

For all that I think that Bale is ridiculously overated, he's still clearly a very good player in excellent form. He was pretty clinical and that made all the difference.

Im still optimistic about us.

There was nothing at all wrong with the Shola sub, for once.

We were crying out for some pace on the left, as much as I dislike Obertan, he was the more obvious sub for the last 10 minutes.

As much as Spurs were the better team today, I was so so so pissed off with the winning goal. Absolutely pathetic from Coloccini, such weak defending. No idea why he backed off from the initial ball forwards. I'm not blaming Krul per se but the finish wasn't exactly with pace and it was right in the centre of the position where he rushed out from. It was such a soft goal and it cost us a point today.

Cisse needs to buck his ideas up too, he was utterly minging today. His touch was shocking all afternoon long, sadly though he has fuck all competition with Gouffran out wide (and now injured) and frigging Shola as the next genuine striking option.

I'm not too worried after today though, I didn't see too much wrong with what Pardew did (whatever you think about Perch or Tiote starting/not starting) and the subs seemed areet too, despite Shola coming on. It seemed a bit like one of those days, really, although I felt Cisse, Santon, Coloccini and even Cabaye to an extent all underperformed today.

A very competitive performance against a very good team.

Bale was the difference between the two teams in as much as his pace, power and commitment got them the winning goal.

I thought that we were close to getting a point from this. Another couple of wins in the next few matches and we will be safe.

All the Spurs VIPs and ex players I had the misfortune - apart from Ossie and Ginola -of being with today thought that we played an impressive, slick, passing game today..

we were decent, Bale was the difference.