Tottenham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 50

Dave

Given that Bale has twice the talent of any of our players is it not understandable that he's getting these plaudits? Winning games by himself all the time.

Twice the talent of Cabaye, Ben Arfa?

Really?

Nah....

I think so. Cabaye and Hatem are quality but Bale's on a different level.

Aston Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

... if you'd offered me six points prior to those games, I'd have snapped your hand off. It's disappointing to lose but I'm happy that we matched them. We look a million miles away from being relegated, anyway.

:thup:

Nailed it

Yep.

Completely self inflicted defeat.

Goal 1. A comedy of errors from start to finish.

Goal 2. Just a completely embarrassing episode.

Well beaten and luckily not the hammering we deserved.

Give over man. :lol:

Bale alone should have have buried us.

Never the same after Gouffran left.

Decent enough, terrible mistake by Taylor (Colo slow too) but overall could have been worse.

Taylor did nothing wrong.

At the time I disagreed. Can't really recall it now too well and will want another look at it later. Can see it becoming the hot topic of the thread so I'll give my explanation after MOTD. Or eat a big humble pie.

Lost our verve when Goofy went off. World's greatest obviously the difference, which is annoying because if we had our talisman (Ben Arfa), I believe we would have got the 3 points today. Never mind, onwards to next week.

Given that Bale has twice the talent of any of our players is it not understandable that he's getting these plaudits? Winning games by himself all the time.

Twice the talent of Cabaye, Ben Arfa?

Really?

Nah....

I think so. Cabaye and Hatem are quality but Bale's on a different level.

I agree that he is probably one of the betters in the league, at least from what I saw today. But Ben Arfa on his day is at the same level, I just think Bale is more consistent.

Don't think the second goal was special. We just switched off.

:thup: While Bale was great we lost that game because our defense couldn't deal with a high ball.

Also yes we was too negative in the 2nd half and yes Gouffran going off took away our momentum. ( hope he isn't out for too long)

After the wins against Villa and Chelsea i never expected anything from this game and anything would have been a bonus.

Now on to the next batch of games which are all very winnable. :thup:

Tiote was good, gives us much more presence and talent than Perch.

Yeah I thought he was pretty good too. Pardew really needs to drill into him that he's only needed to do the basics though.

Sissoko and Cabaye had both played (near enough) full matches this week. Think that showed. Also very annoying the amount of times little pulls were completely ignored.

Cabaye was good tbf, Sissoko looked a bit laboured 2nd half but he did well for our goal.

Yeah wasn't saying they were terrible but thought they both looked a bit leggy at times. More of a worth remembering sort of thing than seeking to have a go at their individual performances.

Seeing their 2nd again. Colo definitely at fault, but I didn't realize the pussy-footing done by Perch as well. Tiote never would have let that happen. He probably would have been booked, but in that instance it's obviously worth it.

Aston Villa (a)

Chelsea (h)

Spurs (a)

... if you'd offered me six points prior to those games, I'd have snapped your hand off. It's disappointing to lose but I'm happy that we matched them. We look a million miles away from being relegated, anyway.

This

Disappointed the way we played in the second half BUT it's overall been a good few weeks

Hopefully the other results can go our way

Krul - 4. Could have done better with the second goal, shaky all game, more abysmal distribution.

Debuchy - 6. Poor at times, decent at others.

Taylor - 8. I thought he was phenomenal up until the second goal. He wasn't the prime suspect but he still got too tight.

Coloccini - 5. Worrying. Basically cost us two goals.

Santon - 6. Decent at the back, very wasteful up top.

Perch - 6. Ticked us over well in the first half and contained Bale well. Should've jumped.

Cabaye - 7. Controlled our midfield, played some nice passes.

Jonas - 7. I thought he was great in the first half. Some effective passing and decent pressing. Faded.

Sissoko - 6. Quiet game.

Gouffran - 8. I thought he was good in all aspects.

Cisse - 4. Very poor.

Bit of a mixed bag today really.

Our performance had gone flat midway through the second half, was crying out for a change and nothing came until it was too late. The injury really seemed to put the brakes on for us, but I guess we can't expect a performance like the Chelsea game every week. Not too disappointed to lose to a top four team and we weren't abject in defeat like we have been so far this season. Yanga-Mbiwa for Taylor, Tiote for Perch and Marveaux for Jonas (if Gouffran's okay) for the next game, would be my preference.

More like Bale 2 Newcastle 1, hopefully he will bugger off next summer, way too good for Spurs.

EDIT: Forgot to mention wasn't that long ago when we were looking to loan him in, how things have changed.

Oh come on Jamie, they aren't close to being a title winning side - they were only better than us because of one player.

Contradicts himself - how can they be so near to challenging for the title, but at the same time need to completely change their wage structure in order to do so?