Newcastle United vs. Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 @ 8:05pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Ketsbaia

Think Mapou and Willo will both play tbh - Pards won't want to risk injury to Taylor or Colo. Reckon Haidara and Simpson will be at full back.

i think he'll start taylor and mapou. probably wouldn't if we had a game at the weekend but theres plenty of recovery time and try to build a lead. i'd basically go as strong as possible on thursday but give colo a rest and play mapou.

Guest neesy111

I forgot we have no weekend game, with that in mind i wouldn't be surprised if Pards goes with as strong a team as possible.

He should do any case, put out strongest team at home and get a few goals advantage going to the Ukraine.

Got to take a lead over there IMO.

Yesterday's game will do us more bad than good.

People will be expecting us to turn them over. I'd take a narrow win now.

i'd take a win, no doubt. honestly don't know anywhere near enough about thim to say if we 'should'.

I would be tempted to go with something like -

Krul

Simpson      MYM      Colo      Haidara

Anita    Tiote

Jonas        Marveaux        Obertan

Cisse   

Not too weak, not risking Taylor who is the most likely to get an injury. Obertan in his best positon, Marveaux a chance to play where he is more suited with no real defensive responsibility. Haidara a start and would give Anita a more of a free role than the formation suggests as an outlet for the defence and to bring it forward. Santon gets a much needed rest.

i'd take a win, no doubt. honestly don't know anywhere near enough about thim to say if we 'should'.

Certainly not going to claim to be any sort of expert on them, and the fact they're essentially in pre-season could help you a lot, but afaik they're a very decent side. They reached the last 8 of this competition last year I think? They look a very handy side and they'll fancy their chances of beating you.

There seems to be a bit of a "get a few goals up then finish the job away" attitude among some on here, as though it'll be relatively straightforward. Think some could be in for a nasty surprise. I think it's 50/50 who goes through.

Guest neesy111

Certainly not going to claim to be any sort of expert on them, and the fact they're essentially in pre-season could help you a lot, but afaik they're a very decent side. They reached the last 8 of this competition last year I think? They look a very handy side and they'll fancy their chances of beating you.

There seems to be a bit of a "get a few goals up then finish the job away" attitude among some on here, as though it'll be relatively straightforward. Think some could be in for a nasty surprise. I think it's 50/50 who goes through.

I think people know to have any chance we have to win at home as I'm expecting a defeat over there.

Why are we resting players? while we dont have games over the weekend? We should start the same eleven minus Debuchy and Goufran.

Santon has played fuck loads this season. With Gouffran not eligible and HBA out Jonas + Obertan our the best wide players available. MYM needs to start a first team game. Tiote and Anita could both do with a game.

Not really resting players (apart from Santon) just giving others who could be first choice a game.

Guest neesy111

Has Haidara made the bench for us yet?

Got a feeling we won't see him.

Aye, can't see him being thrown in for what is an important game imo.

I would be tempted to go with something like -

Krul

Simpson      MYM      Colo      Haidara

Anita    Tiote

Cisse   

Not too weak, not risking Taylor who is the most likely to get an injury. Obertan in his best positon, Marveaux a chance to play where he is more suited with no real defensive responsibility. Haidara a start and would give Anita a more of a free role than the formation suggests as an outlet for the defence and to bring it forward. Santon gets a much needed rest.

I went for the same but Sissoko in for Jonas...

Krul

Simpson      MYM      Mbabu      Haidara

Anita    Tiote

Cisse 

I'm going to be really pissed if we take this lightly now. We will steer well clear of relegation, and this is a real chance to get something out of the season.

I believe we will come almost at full strength, MYM in for Taylor, with Anita, Simpson, Obertan and Marveaux probably starting. Even thought there's a fair amount of rotating, our team will still be great, i think something like this:

Krul

Simmo - MYM - Colo - Santon

Tiote - Anita

Marveaux - Cabaye/Sissoko - Ober

Cisse

With no match this weekend we should try to get a solid lead at home with a strong team, and rather save some of the ones who have played the entire season a long trip next thursday.