Newcastle United vs. Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 @ 8:05pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Ketsbaia

Guest palnese

Bit surprised that the likes of Sammy and Ferguson didn't go out on loan after all these signings and when it could have helped them tremendously.

The loan window for the lower league isn't closed yet, is it?

Guest WashyGeordie

via "Newcastle Supporters Worldwide" on facebook..

282692_448679785203729_1328179789_n.jpg

I'm not being funny but he's still alive ffs, and getting treatment. Was the same as the "Clap for Gazza" on the 8th min at spurs... (which didn't happen)

When does the loan window close? If they are not going to get regular games, it might be a good idea they get a few more matches at another club instead of sitting around.

Not that a loan is not the right thing to do, but there should still be a fair few U21 and U18 games to play, plus the FA Youth Cup (are you still in it?).

I'm not being funny but he's still alive ffs, and getting treatment. Was the same as the "Clap for Gazza" on the 8th min at spurs... (which didn't happen)

For goodness sake. Embarrassing.

Guest neesy111

For goodness sake. Embarrassing.

Guest Roger Kint

Bit surprised that the likes of Sammy and Ferguson didn't go out on loan after all these signings and when it could have helped them tremendously.

The loan window is still open isn't it?

Edit: Opened on the 7th Feb and closes 28th March i think

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130212/pardew-targets-europa-league-glory_2281670_3073970

United manager Alan Pardew has underlined his commitment to bringing silverware to Tyneside by revealing a strong Magpies team will await Ukrainian side Metalist Kharkiv at St. James' Park on Thursday.

The clubs meet at 8.05pm on Thursday evening in the first leg of their UEFA Europa League Round of 32 tie, before Pardew's squad make the long trip to Ukraine's second largest city to resume the fight for a place in the last 16 of the competition a week later.

And with the return of several injured players bolstered by the arrival of five January signings, Pardew has depth to call on ahead of what promises to be an enthralling two-legged encounter.

"It's competition we'd all love to win," Pardew told nufc.co.uk.

"It's difficult to get through the group stage, make no mistake, so we don't want that hard work to be for nothing.

"I'll be picking a strong side for Thursday. The new lads who arrived last month have given us greater depth, so I'll take advantage of that with my team selection.

"Metalist are a good side, you just have to look at the teams they finished above in their group to realise that, so they'll get our full respect.

"But the last 16 is in our reach and there could be some big ties ahead for us. I'm sure our fans would relish bringing more big European nights to St. James' Park so we'll be doing everything we can to progress and deliver that."

What a joke, I had a feeling this bandwaggon would get out of hand. Nice idea at first.

Journal says the younguns have been held back from going out on loan to play, Chronicle suggests full strength. I'd like to see

Krul

Simpson Mbiwa Taylor Haidara

Tiote Anita

Obertan Sissoko Marveaux

Cisse

Maybe Santon in for Simpson. Wouldn't mind seeing Campbell come on and play off Cisse at some stage

Krul

Santon Saylor Mbiwa Haidara

Tiote Anita

Cabaye

Obert          Cisse        Marveaux

Expect something like that. Expect too see Gouuffff score 3 though (obviously ladies in the parking lot).

Krul

Santon Saylor Mbiwa Haidara

Tiote Anita

Cabaye

Obert          Cisse        Marveaux

Expect something like that. Expect too see Gouuffff score 3 though (obviously ladies in the parking lot).

Would love that 11. Anybody think Sissoko for Cabaye only to give Yo a break as he's been playing quite a bit coming off injury?

Doesn't matter to me but love that 11.