Pixel Replay - Newcastle United Edition

geordie_b

Thanks for all the feedback so far, lots of good ideas.

Thanks also for the requests, ive added a few to my list and will hopefully have a few to show you tomorrow.

In the meantime please click liking the facebook page at www.facebook.com/PixelReplay

I think you should look at releasing some of them in memorabilia form ie. quality prints, glass framed, engraved naming. The quirkiness of the graphics is a nice contrast if you went upmarket (ie. Production values) and would make for a unique product, if you to target the memorabilia crowd, and go with football's (and a club's) defining moments. There's virtually a bottomless pool of source material, if were fully maximise this concept. You're underselling the concept, if you mainly stick to NUFC orientated goals/big moments. The Halloween Derby, with all goals recreated on a single framed piece, would be a good seller re Nufc.

Good concept. I hope you really attack it's potential, because i think there would be a demand for it's quirkiness in the memorabilia scene.

Aye, I'm guessing that's the plan with the requests business, but I would think there would be a tidy profit to be made if it catches on with other clubs, there's nothing else like it about as far as I can tell and it would make a cracking piece of art for any fan associated with that era.

Chris (Simpsons Artist) is a good example/model to follow I'd imagine.

Aye, I'm guessing that's the plan with the requests business, but I would think there would be a tidy profit to be made if it catches on with other clubs, there's nothing else like it about as far as I can tell and it would make a cracking piece of art for any fan associated with that era.

Chris (Simpsons Artist) is a good example/model to follow I'd imagine.

Professional sports stars (from what i've read) are loathe to give their autographs, out of fear they'll lose out on potential earnings (if that autograph is sold as a merchandise item). Some of them can be utter pricks, and point blank refuse to sign anything for anybody - even a little kid.

But why not try something audacious. Produce a mock-up piece (memorabilia form, at GB's own expense)where the inspiration is a key/memorable moment of a well known/famous/legend's career, send to them via their rep & agent, and include a few extra prints for signing. There's the hope a star would still have a shred of humanity left in them ie. they've received a freebie for their own collection, and the gesture would be recipricated by autographing a few prints..

If the gamble comes off, then he's got autographed limited edition sets (with authentication certs supplied) at his disposal.

What's the deal with The Simpsons artist? Has he reproduced signature moments in US sports history (nfl, nba etc) and made a killing?

Love the HBA one. I think those type of long dribbles/mazy runs/intricate passing moves probably work better than screamers IMO.

For example, instead of Tiote's screamer, I'd probably prefer our breakaway goal last year vs WBA with HatemDembaDemba. Think that would translate a bit better. Requests are requests though so by all means make/post the screamers :thup:

Solano vs Birmingham (IIRC!) is a decent shout too.

great idea this

Couple goals of the top of my head

Ginola v Ferencvaros

Tino's 2nd or 3rd v Barca

Bellamy's winner v Feyenoord

That Argentina goal in world cup 2006? Where they passed it bout 40 times

What's the deal with The Simpsons artist? Has he reproduced signature moments in US sports history (nfl, nba etc) and made a killing?

:spit:

Something like that :lol:

Oh dear.

FWIW i care very little for The Simpsons, or any other offshoot commercial enterprises relating to it's creative minds. So i'm hardly going to Google it, as a means acting like a charlatan on the subject.

There's a post in the Cisse thread, which is equally worthy of a coffee spit. one of my best efforts yet, pile of shite, from the very first word to thelast.

Guest firetotheworks

Love the HBA one. I think those type of long dribbles/mazy runs/intricate passing moves probably work better than screamers IMO.

For example, instead of Tiote's screamer, I'd probably prefer our breakaway goal last year vs WBA with HatemDembaDemba. Think that would translate a bit better. Requests are requests though so by all means make/post the screamers :thup:

Is that the one with the knock on from Shearer, cross field ball by Robert, dummied by Shearer and then one touch and a goal from the edge of the area by Solano? I always forget who that was against. I love that goal.

Is that the one with the knock on from Shearer, cross field ball by Robert, dummied by Shearer and then one touch and a goal from the edge of the area by Solano? I always forget who that was against. I love that goal.

:thup: Yup, that's the one in my head. I think it was Brum. Not sure how Pixel Replay would illustrate dummies though.

Guest tollemache

Would love to see that Argentina goal in the World cup which had about 50,000 passes in the build up.

Should keep you busy at least!  :D