Premiership Managers for next season?

Dokko

Mark Hughes to Stoke? Seems like they're interviewing him.

Wow. They're going straight down ;D

There was a way to get out of this looking good but Mark Hughes definitely isn't it!

Bit of a come down from Rafa :iamatwat:

Mark Hughes has the best agent ever.

Good old Kia J..., wonder which of his other clients Hughes will buy first.

Mark Hughes has the best agent ever.

Good old Kia J..., wonder which of his other clients Hughes will buy first.

Well there'll be plenty of his QPR masterstrokes on sale

Stoke are a great shout to go down if Hughes goes there. I can see them struggling with the transition from Pulis either way, but with that plank in charge it should accelerate the process. Can't understand why they're going after him - surely they want a move away from a manager who pisses money up the wall? Still, all the more reason to dislike them which is canny.

"Everton asked for permission to speak to Roberto last Thursday. I told them to wait until I had spoken to Roberto today."

Thought we just weren't big enough for your titan of a manager, Dave.

"Everton asked for permission to speak to Roberto last Thursday. I told them to wait until I had spoken to Roberto today."

Thought we just weren't big enough for your titan of a manager, Dave.

:lol: Get in. Hope Wigan disappear into obscurity with their next choice of manager.

I know in Spain the three longest serving are Mel (Betis), as well as two who are going - Mourinho and Pellegrini. Only 3 years.

That's about the average shelf life of a good manager though. Thing is that in Spain if you spend 3 years without being sacked, that means you're good and you get poached by the next club in the food chain who've just sacked their manager.

I think people like Juan Ignacio Martínez or Luís García have gone 10+ years without being sacked from their jobs.

Is Martinez really recognised in Spain, VI? Any La Liga clubs do you reckon night fancy him?

No, and I have never understood why. Might be because he's never managed here. The Spanish press go mental for Laudrup and Swansea, for example.