Newcastle United 4 - 2 Southampton - 24/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Good win, came from behind again and i think that's the first time we have scored 4 under Pardew?

On another note we made 7 changes from the Metalist game and won, its wonderful having a squad.  :smug:

Nope

West Ham 5-0

Arsenal 4-4

Wolves 4-1

Been a long time though.

Good win, came from behind again and i think that's the first time we have scored 4 under Pardew?

On another note we made 7 changes from the Metalist game and won, its wonderful having a squad.  :smug:

No, but it's the first time in years. Literally.

No, but it's the first time in years. Literally.

Ah cheers :thup: that would explain why it slipped my mind.

Credit to Southampton like, they played some good football and i admire the way they press high up the pitch. Cant see them going down if they can keep playing like today.

Aye, they're a good side.

ok

Eliot - 9 - Faultless performance really, not at fault for either goal.

Debuchy - 9 - Love how a very good full back changes a team. Was all over the place, strong defensively.

Saylor - 5 - looked the weak link for both goals, unusual, but can't handle their pace

Colo - 6 - thought he looked pretty good till he came off. Yanga-Mbiwa - 7 - made some clever interceptions, and some very good if overambitious passes

Santon - 4 - Hope he can get his head sorted out, needs to concentrate on defending better in games like these.

Tiote - 8 - kept us in the game, earlier in season their midfield would have outclassed ours massively, but he kept on winning the ball again and again.

Cabaye  - 8 - His range of passing is unbelievable at times. His setpieces dire.

Sissoko - 9 - Gets us running forward, full of power and energy. Going to be an absolute star

Gouffran - 8 - Fantastic workrate, made the first goal, did very well

Cisse - 5 - Really poor at times, I defend him a lot but offside way too much. Brilliantly taken goal mind...so can't be too annoyed

Jonas - 6 - thought did some decent work defensively mainly, held ball up well

Other subs not on long enough to get scored.