Newcastle United 4 - 2 Southampton - 24/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

About 20 minutes in today, somebody shouted "get Obertan on man, for f*** sake" without a sense of irony. It was a dig at Jonas, obviously.

Shou;d have heard some of the moaning in here after 3 minutes.

Ffs still stuck at central, this is taking the shine off the 3 Points :lol:. I thought we played okay,  nothing special, but Southampton impressed me tbh, playing football the right way. Don't deserve to be as low as they are. Hope this 3 points means Pardew will feel okay with playing a strong team in Europe. Not convinved on Jonas in this formation though, looks lost and definatly the odd one out, hopefully when Hatem returns this wont be a problem.

Guest neesy111

About 20 minutes in today, somebody shouted "get Obertan on man, for f*** sake" without a sense of irony. It was a dig at Jonas, obviously.

Really gimp????

Ffs still stuck at central, this is taking the shine off the 3 Points :lol:. I thought we played okay,  nothing special, but Southampton impressed me tbh, playing football the right way. Don't deserve to be as low as they are. Hope this 3 points means Pardew will feel okay with playing a strong team in Europe. Not convinved on Jonas in this formation though, looks lost and definatly the odd one out, hopefully when Hatem returns this wont be a problem.

There's a jumper at Northallerton apparently.

Edit - Apple - memo - Northallerton - one word

I'd be pretty fucking furious with the Shaw-Fox substitution if I was a Southampton supporter like. His handball for the penalty, his fault for the own goal and should have been booked for his tackle on Debuchy, that's pretty bad going for a 30 minute appearance :lol:

Just read back  :laugh:

Level headed Dave is level headed :thup:

I'd be pretty fucking furious with the Shaw-Fox substitution if I was a Southampton supporter like. His handball for the penalty, his fault for the own goal and should have been booked for his tackle on Debuchy, that's pretty bad going for a 30 minute appearance :lol:

Not quite as bad as Wayne Bridge's debut performance for West Ham, but had to be up there with the worst cameos :lol:.

Feels great that we've broken the 'can't win when conceding the first goal' and 'can't score more than 3 goals' barriers in this match.

Also surprised that we've won as many home games as Spurs and Chelsea and won one more than Everton.

Feels great that we've broken the 'can't win when conceding the first goal' and 'can't score more than 3 goals' barriers in this match.

Also surprised that we've won as many home games as Spurs and Chelsea and won one more than Everton.

Also the "can't win after playing in Europe".

I think we will only improve now- gain momentum, soon to give someone a real good hiding, maybe around mid april time. :hmm: