Anzhi 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 07/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 37

Disco

To think Pardew got rid of Routledge to bring in Obertan.

Should be sacked for that alone.

Disgraceful bit of business, like.

At the time, or in retrospect? Was Routledge ever as good for us as he has been for Swansea?

I was always a fan.

He was mostly cack for us, another one who gets hugely overrated on here since he's left IMO, some people go on like he's HBA. Don't think he's good enough for us, neither is Obertan either though.

He was better than Obertan when he left, it was a strange thing to do even at the time.

IMO the difference is that Routledge had chances at numerous clubs and never looked like being able to hack it at the top level. Obertan, despite being poor at Man Utd was a player of relative potential that was a low risk investment.

There's also the fact that neither of them were going to be regulars so Routledge would have been more likely to get frustrated quicker. Squad harmony etc...

True, there were a few reasons behind it but it hasn't paid off at all. Been a couple of times this season i've thought he's starting to show it, but he's just too thick to learn to do anything with the bits of talent he does have.

Yep, it certainly hasn't paid off. As you say he has shown glimpses of improvement this season but it'll take a lot of effort for him to become a good player.

Guest bimpy474

Anita is playing well.......people actually think that so far. Funny game football, as i'm seeing it, he keeps giving it away so much i keep moaning at the TV.

need someone willing to attack the box when we get forward.

Danny Simpson at ye service sah!

http://i.imgur.com/3qk7si7.gif

:lol: Get outta here, Dikembe.

:lol:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyo016F4g41qzyfvyo1_500.jpg

Pitch is a none issue, fuck sake its still football.  Just get on with it.

I don't know, I've always struggled playing on that surface. The ball moves so much different than on grass. Either way, I don't think we're struggling because of it today. I think we're doing exactly what we planned on doing, with Shola to come on for HBA eventually to provide some sort of outlet.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/66257000/jpg/_66257888_5317eb05-0df6-4289-a989-c49593a2e58f.jpg

Not sure if serious... :lol:

Fuck off :lol:

"UEFA Europa League, featuring Newcastle legend and Nigerian international Shola Ameobi."

need someone willing to attack the box when we get forward.

Danny Simpson at ye service sah!

http://i.imgur.com/3qk7si7.gif

:lol: Get outta here, Dikembe.

:lol:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyo016F4g41qzyfvyo1_500.jpg

I see Pennsylvania got wise and elected him to Congress.

To think Pardew got rid of Routledge to bring in Obertan.

Should be sacked for that alone.

Disgraceful bit of business, like.

At the time, or in retrospect? Was Routledge ever as good for us as he has been for Swansea?

I was always a fan.

He was mostly cack for us, another one who gets hugely overrated on here since he's left IMO, some people go on like he's HBA. Don't think he's good enough for us, neither is Obertan either though.

He was better than Obertan when he left, it was a strange thing to do even at the time.

IMO the difference is that Routledge had chances at numerous clubs and never looked like being able to hack it at the top level. Obertan, despite being poor at Man Utd was a player of relative potential that was a low risk investment.

There's also the fact that neither of them were going to be regulars so Routledge would have been more likely to get frustrated quicker. Squad harmony etc...

True, there were a few reasons behind it but it hasn't paid off at all. Been a couple of times this season i've thought he's starting to show it, but he's just too thick to learn to do anything with the bits of talent he does have.

Yep, it certainly hasn't paid off. As you say he has shown glimpses of improvement this season but it'll take a lot of effort for him to become a good player.

Waiting for it will be like waiting for Bramble to deliver his promise. Cant see their careers doing similar tbh, there will be a point at another club Obertan looks like he's going to get it together but falls short and fades away again.

Pitch is a none issue, fuck sake its still football.  Just get on with it.

I don't know, I've always struggled playing on that surface. The ball moves so much different than on grass. Either way, I don't think we're struggling because of it today. I think we're doing exactly what we planned on doing, with Shola to come on for HBA eventually to provide some sort of outlet.

Celtic managed it in the champions league.