Anzhi 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 07/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 37

Disco

Have we had a shot on goal?

We look clueless in attack tbh. But pretty good at the back so far.

Doubt the ball has been in their penalty area for more than thirty or so seconds, if I'm generous.

To think Pardew got rid of Routledge to bring in Obertan.

Should be sacked for that alone.

Disgraceful bit of business, like.

At the time, or in retrospect? Was Routledge ever as good for us as he has been for Swansea?

I was always a fan.

He was mostly cack for us, another one who gets hugely overrated on here since he's left IMO, some people go on like he's HBA. Don't think he's good enough for us, neither is Obertan either though.

some good points

- Look calm on ball up to midfield 2

- pretty well organised and hard working

- always looking to play from back and control ball

bad points

- overran shocking

- Ben arfa struggling

- no threat in their centre halfs

- finding pitch hard to play on

At the time, or in retrospect? Was Routledge ever as good for us as he has been for Swansea?

I was always a fan.

He was mostly cack for us, another one who gets hugely overrated on here since he's left IMO, some people go on like he's HBA. Don't think he's good enough for us, neither is Obertan either though.

He was better than Obertan when he left, it was a strange thing to do even at the time, thought Obertan looked like he could have the potential to be better.

Obertan may have just had the worst half i've ever seen from a pro there. Or close to it.

You obviously never watched Kevin Dillon or Pat Heard...

The Pat Heard school of football. Halcyon days.

dont think i have ever stood at a match as much and thought what the fuck am I looking at since him

Can't believe i am saying this considering how many times i have rejected the notion of Santon as a winger.

But i would seriously bring him on for Obertan, at least he has decent close control and can pass.

This is probably the best option at the moment.

Even though we've added some good players, I still feel like we have absolutely no depth.

TBF, the bench would look a lot prettier if it included Coloccini, Debuchy, Gouffran, and Cisse.

Marveauxs and Anitas passing has been not good at all... If we can keep the ball more this might work.

Marveaux's been weak I'll grant you, but Anita has been arguably the best player on the pitch for us. Very composed on the ball.

Guest bimpy474

Routledge was a gabillion times better for us than Obertan has been. That just shows how bad Obertan is, Obertan can't even pass a ball to a teammate. Not joking here but i actually don't think he's even good enough for Pro football.

Marveauxs and Anitas passing has been not good at all... If we can keep the ball more this might work.

Marveaux's been weak I'll grant you, but Anita has been arguably the best player on the pitch for us. Very composed on the ball.

:thup: