Anzhi 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 07/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 37

Disco

Sounds like a good result. :thup: Need to be the more attacking side at home though, they'll be happy with a clean sheet too.

I'm very happy with the result because I'm very confident we can take them at SJP - but neither team should have even bothered with that match. Both teams barely got out of first gear and were clearly happy with a 0-0.

Terrible game, decent result for you. But no more than that currently, Anzhi didn't concede an away goal so they'll be feeling confident of going through.

Surely next week's game can only be better though.

In the pre-match thread people kept banging on about coming back with anything other than a loss, and we just did that.  Keep it tight and home and be a bit more adventurous up front and we could easily be going into the next round.

I don't get that, though. I mean, a goal here is way more valuable than a goal at home.  We don't really score a lot of goals per game, so if they get 1 next week, we're kinda fucked.

Terrible game, decent result for you. But no more than that currently, Anzhi didn't concede an away goal so they'll be feeling confident of going through.

:pardsgrin:

Wonder how the play in front of crowds?

Guest bimpy474

May not be popular but i thought we were great. Away on a plastic pitch to a team who have won all their home games.

If we could have nicked a goal then that would have been the perfect European away performance Brenda, you fucking idiotic prat.

Mapou and Perch were brilliant. Mapou is an amazing player for us, to get him for the money we did, brilliant.

Wonder how the play in front of crowds?

Surely they'll be fucked playing on proper turf? If I was the Pardmeister General, I'd be growing the grass this week.

Sounds like a good result. :thup: Need to be the more attacking side at home though, they'll be happy with a clean sheet too.

I'm very happy with the result because I'm very confident we can take them at SJP - but neither team should have even bothered with that match. Both teams barely got out of first gear and were clearly happy with a 0-0.

I don't think you can really fault us too much as the away side but as the home side Anzhi just didn't seem to go for it. We were very organised and solid though.

Glad we're taking them back home for a cracking second leg