Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

As I got to the end I was thinking that was written by someone that knows us pretty well. Not the usual bullshit. Then I saw the writer: By Kristan Heneage.

Who's that?

Our very own Nixon.

What's the craic with this Nixon? Haven't been active long enough to know.

Chuffed with the win - felt it was gonna go down as one of those days when Walters scored the pen after Tiote's lunge (why the hell did he do that?) However, once again they kept going - world class free-kick from Cabaye - I thought it was too close to get up and down, shows how much I know! Also, fantastic pass from Marveaux and a cool finish by Cisse for the winner.

The important thing at the minute is to get points on the board and get to safety, whilst hopefully pushing on in the Europa. :thup:

You and 50,000 others  :D

It was a remarkable piece of skill.

Guest icemanblue

Anyone else not notice that Cisse's goal had been allowed? There was a pause for a moment or two, then by brother had me in a headlock and I was falling over the seat in front. Love last minute winners.

Guest neesy111

Anyone else not notice that Cisse's goal had been allowed? There was a pause for a moment or two, then by brother had me in a headlock and I was falling over the seat in front. Love last minute winners.

He didn't seem to run off celebrating, maybe he was also waiting for the flag to go up?

I thought it was offside initially, assumed it would be disallowed. Then the celebrations kicked off.

Was definitely a moments pause.

Never in the history of football can such a clearly onside goal have looked so offside  :D

Guest icemanblue

Replays showed onside IMHO

Yeah, it was onside, but it was one of those goals where half the ground isn't sure it's been given.

Class atmosphere under the concourse as we were walking out. Forgot about the cold completely.

Guest palnese

I must say, I expected Stoke to be much dirtier than they were yesterday.

They're such a poor side. They've got very good goalkeeper, and Shawcross is alright. The rest of them are shite cloggers.

I was watching it on a stream (sold me ticket :rolleyes: ) was sat there watching and it took me a good 5 secs or so to realise it was given :lol: Cisse not going mental straight away was probably a factor.

They're such a poor side. They've got very good goalkeeper, and Shawcross is alright. The rest of them are s**** cloggers.

They were fucking sly about it at times, like the little nudge on Cisse to wind him up which led to the scuffle.

Guest palnese

They're such a poor side. They've got very good goalkeeper, and Shawcross is alright. The rest of them are s**** cloggers.

They were fucking sly about it at times, like the little nudge on Cisse to wind him up which led to the scuffle.

Yeah, but Cabaye does similiar stuff every time he's on the pitch. It's a part of the game.

Chuffed with the win - felt it was gonna go down as one of those days when Walters scored the pen after Tiote's lunge (why the hell did he do that?) However, once again they kept going - world class free-kick from Cabaye - I thought it was too close to get up and down, shows how much I know! Also, fantastic pass from Marveaux and a cool finish by Cisse for the winner.

The important thing at the minute is to get points on the board and get to safety, whilst hopefully pushing on in the Europa. :thup:

You and 50,000 others  :D

It was a remarkable piece of skill.

you might of thought it, but i said out loud that he wasn't going to score as it was too close. ooops.  :lol:

They were f***ing sly about it at times, like the little nudge on Cisse to wind him up which led to the scuffle.

Yeah, but Cabaye does similiar stuff every time he's on the pitch. It's a part of the game.

Yeah, but he's ours :D They're Stoke.

Somebody had posted the word "YES!" in this thread and was obviously ahead of the TV I was watching it on.  Having read the post on my phone, as soon as Marveaux got the ball I declared calmly to the fellows I was watching the game with, "we'll score from this." A devious smug moment.