Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

I'm really relieved and happy at the result, but the nondescript non-football performances are becoming a big concern now.  Bit sick of devoting 2 hours of my day to watching it, and it's even worse when you actually go.

I'd change managers in the summer, but that's coming from a fan who wants to see decent games now and again.

My feelings exactly. I'm fucking sick of watching us try to attack teams and have pretty much nothing to offer other than individual player traits.

We do nothing as a team going forward. It just goes wide and then if we can swing it in, we do. Against Stoke man. Honestly? That's the best we can do? Why aren't we working it into better positions from out wide and making them worry about movement and passing? Something that we've got the players to do. The only other bit of impetus we had today was Sissoko running from deep, that's just what he does and he'd do it for any team in any game against any opposition.

We just did enough to win today,just. Yes the substitute made the winner but fucking hell man he should have been on the pitch for much longer. What is this thing with Jonas playing 90 minutes? And Tiote getting a game over Anita in the league every week regardless of opposition. Pardew is far, far too concerned with stopping the opposition and I'm pig sick of watching it.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Stoke manager Tony Pulis: "Papiss Cisse could easily be off the pitch. He raised his hands twice - he pushed Andy Wilkinson and then he slapped Ryan Shawcross. He raised his hands and caught Ryan round the face.

"Away from home we've played better this season than at any time in our five years in the Premier League, we've been in more games, we just haven't been able to get over the line. It's really frustrating and disappointing because the lads have put such an effort in again today."

U mad Pulis?!?

aye it wa s***, bI think people are beinga little hatsh, 7 changes, half the team have been away to russia along with the coaching staff, freezing cold, horrible opponents, three points is fking awsome tbh.

It's not tbh.

aye it wa s***, bI think people are beinga little hatsh, 7 changes, half the team have been away to russia along with the coaching staff, freezing cold, horrible opponents, three points is fking awsome tbh.

It's not tbh.

did you want 4 or more?

Stoke manager Tony Pulis: "Papiss Cisse could easily be off the pitch. He raised his hands twice - he pushed Andy Wilkinson and then he slapped Ryan Shawcross. He raised his hands and caught Ryan round the face.

"Away from home we've played better this season than at any time in our five years in the Premier League, we've been in more games, we just haven't been able to get over the line. It's really frustrating and disappointing because the lads have put such an effort in again today."

U mad Pulis?!?

Pulis = TrampDad.

It's not tbh.

Huh?!?!?

We didn't play fairly well. :lol: It was uninspiring rubbish for the most part. The well known "optimists" on this forum are alarmingly easily pleased.

We weren't shite either tbh, thought it was a very average performance. We controlled the game, and deserved the win.

I don't think even the 'forum optimists' are claiming anything more than that TBH.

We play like that almost every week, if not worse. In your eyes, is it good enough? You act like it is.

Some people go on like we're the smallest club in the world with everything they post.

We didn't play fairly well. :lol: It was uninspiring rubbish for the most part. The well known "optimists" on this forum are alarmingly easily pleased.

We struggled to break down Stoke, our final balls we were invariably shite. But we stuck with it, took off and brought on the right players, and won.

Sorry like, but that pleased me.

Maybe you're right and it's about attitude or expectancy levels to a degree. I certainly don't have as much faith as you that our players are awesome enough that if given different instructions they would have been capable of wanktastic football against Stoke.

Guest Howaythetoon

Over the moon with three points but my God the performance was abominable.

We are a very poor footballing side which is very disappointing given the players we have. We won, just. This performance though is simply not good enough and never will be.

Can Carr look at managers instead of players from now until the end of the season please...

Three points isn't awesome?

Awesome, not in the context of spending 90 minutes watching manky football in freezing conditions.

I think you are actually making my point here mick

I don't have any agenda about our football. I want it to improve, I was frustrated by how we played so many aimless crosses towards Stoke's giant CBs today. If I was manager, I would go for Anita and Marveaux over Jonas and Tiote.

But when my team gets a result against a horrible side like Stoke, with a class freekick goal and a late winner from our number 9, I'm happy about it.

Guest palnese

Was the Sissoko thing a penalty btw? Thought it was clear as day but I was watching a poor telly.

Yeah, was a clear foul, but you never see them given for some reason.

U mad Pulis?!?

Cisse's started doing this recently, and he needs to stop. Often just pushes someone or raises his hands.

I don't have any agenda about our football. I want it to improve, I was frustrated by how we played so many aimless crosses towards Stoke's giant CBs today. If I was manager, I would go for Anita and Marveaux over Jonas and Tiote.

But when my team gets a result against a horrible side like Stoke, with a class freekick goal and a late winner from our number 9, I'm happy about it.

The freekick and late winner account for 2 minutes at most of a poor performance against a poor team, the other 93 minutes were mainly frustrating and aimless.  I thought that our defence played well and Gouffran was OK, other than that it was mind numbing most of the time with us repeating what has failed every other time we'd tried it.  It's as if we think we only have to get the ball into the box and then we've done enough.

There's a lot I agree with in that Venkman post. I'm hoping that next season we can start well and Pardew will feel he doesn't have to grind out so many results. Certainly our signings don't suggest that that's the long term plan.

I hope so too Ian, but in that I think we can see part of the problem, he's a reactive manager.

Anyway, we've all gone through this loads of times so I'll spare you.

I'm pleased with the the three points :thup:

I still don't think Pardew's good enough or the right manager for this team and the players we now look to bring in, and I continue to see more evidence of that pretty much ever week.

Was the Sissoko thing a penalty btw? Thought it was clear as day but I was watching a poor telly.

Outside the area

I mean the one that went out for their goalkick. The commentators didn't even mention it but it looked like Sissoko lifted it over Begovic and got taken out. Was just waiting for the ref to point to the spot