Newcastle United 2 - 1 Stoke City - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Such a poor game. It was a good thing that Stoke were shitter than us really.

The first half really reminded me of the Swansea game - that is, us being the better team by some distance but the lack of end product upfront being our main problem. The second half was pretty shite though so like I've said, good thing Stoke were shit and didn't do anything of note.

Luck was on our side though and I'm going to enjoy this result.

Anyway, decent first half - fucking awful second half. Pardew out :thup:

Yay for the win. Feels very hollow to me but whatever.

You bored of watching it now?

This is what I forget in between games, how much I hate watching the games.  Kind of hit home a bit today.  There's no need for it to be this tedious.

We're basically safe now IMO, so maybe that will see the shackles come off a bit.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew (on safety etc): "I think we're done. We've got to get 40pts and we're 7 from that, but I expect this team to follow through."

That was shit, for 86 minutes we played high balls into the box and if we got on the end of any of them I missed it. We've got a team almost all of which are internationals and we're clueless.

Guest bimpy474

This is what I forget in between games, how much I hate watching the games.  Kind of hit home a bit today.  There's no need for it to be this tedious.

We're basically safe now IMO, so maybe that will see the shackles come off a bit.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Pardew (on safety etc): "I think we're done. We've got to get 40pts and we're 7 from that, but I expect this team to follow through."

Well i nearly did the way we feckin played today.

Anyway, decent first half - f***ing awful second half. Pardew out :thup:

@CaulkinTheTimes

Well i nearly did the way we feckin played today.

:lol:

@CaulkinTheTimes

Oh yeah, - well done, Alan. :lol:

I don't know which game Beren was watching claiming Cabaye was rubbish. He is so, so important for us.

I'd wager his passes completed to Begovic was higher than to Newcastle players.

Not entirely his fault, the manager should have changed things tactically. He gave away silly freekicks, he didn't create anything (the chance Gouffran had in the first half only reached Gouff at all because of a massive deflection off a Stoke head), he shot wide/speculatively to win us corners too often instead of trying to actually pry them open (corners which he would help to spurn).

Can't get away from it, for me. I think he's been sensational lately. The way he has been able to spray the ball about has been magnificent. Today he just banged his head against a brick wall for 90 minutes, and the freekick aside, the brick wall won easily.

No hard feelings, he's part of the heartbeat of what is good about us, but today was difficult to watch IMO. My two cents, anyway.

I agree on his crossing to Begovic.... i was f*cking tearing my hair out at that.

Why we thought it would be a good idea to lump crosses in the box against f*cking Stoke is beyond me.

Oh, and I don't want to comment only on the negative things - his freekick was incredible. His shooting from freekicks is the polar opposite of his corners. I feel so confident he'll at least work the goalkeeper, threaten the goal or score. This one seemed so deft and effortless. The short run up... just a mark of real quality which can't be faked by shit players.

Got to remember how fucking shite Stoke are to play against like, we see it time and time again that games are shite when they play. They really were rubbish today mind, shocking team. How Begovic didn't get booked for timewasting I'll never know, that one goal kick feels like it took about three minutes.

Got to remember how f***ing s**** Stoke are to play against like, we see it time and time again that games are s**** when they play. They really were rubbish today mind, shocking team. How Begovic didn't get booked for timewasting I'll never know, that one goal kick feels like it took about three minutes.

Yep, they just troll the game out.  Pulis is anti football.

Another thing that should be mentioned how can he score goals like that ( similar to goal against Reading) and fail to take a decent f*cking corner.

It defies the laws of physics.

He did put in a couple of good corners today, just that no one was attacking them. Our failures to score from corners is far from just Yohans fault.

Stoke are a fucking horrible team, offered fuck all and did loads of time wasting, so glad Cisse pumelled that in, especially so late.

Tiote proved he is a liability again, it was obvious about 30yds before what was gonna happen, fucking stupid tackle, stupid.

Pleased the way we responded, thought Begovic fucked his wall up but regardless a perfect free kick. Good finish from Cisse at the end, i think he needed to put one of those type chances away (rather than 30yd scremers) and hopefully his confidence will be back.

Please drop Jonas when Ben Arfa is back, or start Marveux.

Ower the moon with the result

I don't know what we were doing the first half. Just seemed like we got sucked in and tried to beat them at their own game.

We do that too often under Pardew for my liking.

Guest Dontooner

We need to put meaningful crosses into the box, we probably put like 25 crosses into their box all game but none of them look dangerous at all. We need a game plan with these crosses rather than putting a Carrol or Shola in the team again.

Just got back from the match.

Pretty awful match all things considered, Christ :lol: Cisse was awful bar the goal but then he's there to d that I suppose :-X He'll get,goals with the right service but Christ some of his link of play  :huff: and today he pretty had 2 left feet. Thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch to be honest from where I was sitting but will have to see highlights again.

We desperately need HBA back to give us more attacking balance and its so noticeable when Sissoko picks the ball up and runs. He's often on is own. Absolute steam train of a player though :lol:

What an absolute shower Stoke are, and people pay to watch that week in week out, fuck me. Truly the anti football Christ. S glad we put this shower away even if it wasn't pretty.