Newcastle 1 - 0 Anzhi - 14/03/13 (1 - 0 on agg) post-match reaction from page 36

Dave

Spurs are just scared to travel outside the UK :lol: Bless the soft southerners.

We should stab a few of their fans for the ironic lols.

You think you could get away that easy hahaha stab stab stab

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31524226.jpg

Sensational feeling right. Couldnt give a f*** who we get next round. QFs is a great acheivement and I reckon we can do any of the teams left in the competition.

Elliott - 7.5 Didn't have much to do tbf but did what was needed fairly well. Good distribution.

Santon - 7.5 Decent overall performance but final ball was a little frustrating.

Taylor - 11 Quite possibly the best performance ive ever seen from a Newcastle defender.

MYM - 8 Seems to be building a solid patnership with Saylor. f***ed up in 1st half but we got away with it.

Haidara - 7 Defended well but got caught in possesion a few times.

Cabaye - 6 Hope this ain't a serious injury.

Tiote - 7 Worked hard. Gave the ball away quite cheaply too often.

Anita - 7 Same as Tiote really.

Marveax - 8.5 Always looked threatening when he had the ball, felt his final ball let him down a few times though. Great cross for the goal though.

Sissoko - 8 Really looking a good player. Incredible engine.

Cisse - 7.5 Didnt really get much of the ball. Good header for the goal.

Jonas - 9 s*** meself when he came on, but he had a great game. Much better player when hes part of a midfield trio than when he's out on the wing.

Campbell - 7 Worked hard. Worked harder trying to get Etoo's shirt though lol.

:lol:

Elliot - 7 - did alreet

Santon - 6 - turns out he's not much better at RB

Taylor - 8 - solid and led by example

Yanga-Mbiwa - 6.5 - mixed up some brilliant defending with some unbelievable slack stuff

Haidara - 6 - naive but never shyed away from wanting it

Cabaye - 5 - poor, then went off

Tiote - 4 - atrocious on the ball, not much better off it

Anita - 5 - standard does a little bit but not that much performance

Marveaux - 8 - easily the best attacker, pretty much our only threat all night

Cisse - 6.5 - goal but nowt else

Sissoko - 6 -  easily nullified but persisted regardless

SUBS

Jonas - 7.5 - kept it ticking over well the shit bastard, sell him

Campbell - 5.5 - made some canny runs but an odd player to bring on

:lol:

I thought Santon started to look much better at RB second half, linking up nicely with Marv.

I guess but the pressure was off for most of it and when asked to defend his positioning was still a bit all over the place, thankfully it didn't matter though.

Didn't get much/any protection like not that it should've mattered too much.

I've just got in.

Tiote again was liability, Haidara was sitting a little too central, Santon was nowhere to be seen and wouldn't put the ball in the box. At times we just needed a little bit more urgency going forward, we had the ability but not the urgency. Anything they offered going forward was a result of our own downfall really. As FT approached I remember thinking that recently we have beaten Chelsea and Stoke with late goals, could we do another? I lost faith really thinking it just wasn't going to happen then the only decent ball we had put into the box during the two matches and it finds Cisse's head. I started out at level 7 near the Gallowgate and by the time I ended my celebration run I was somewhere in Leazers park. I liked how the referee didn't even let them KO again, he just went down the tunnel with his officials whilst Cisse was celebrating.

Also what the fuck is up with Elliot, why does he need to come so far forward, it got to the point where I was expecting him to take our corners.

Oh btw to the chavvy cunts in the toilets at HT smoking and then setting the bin on fire, well fucking done. No one could breath you fucking morons, seriously if you can't go the whole match without smoking and endangering people then don't bother coming. 

I thought Eto'o was s**** :lol:

Thanks to Taylor and Mapou he didn't get a sniff in either leg.

They both played great in either leg, but you'd expect a player of Eto'o's (sp?) standing to be able to at least trouble them. He never seemed to threaten at all to me.

They both played great in either leg, but you'd expect a player of Eto'o's (sp?) standing to be able to at least trouble them. He never seemed to threaten at all to me.

His wallet was probably weighing him down.

Tbf he's a striker and like any striker you need service and tbf to him the support from those around was average.

I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't picking up 300k+ a week :lol:

Maybe it was because of his name and reputation (don't watch Italian football, and obviously not Russian either, so I haven't seen much of him since leaving Barca), but thought he threatened us throughout the game.

Tabs are class man, Stifler.

Unbelievable that we played 180 minutes of goalless football then scored with the last touch of the tie. Fantastic stuff and I can't wait for the draw.

2 goals in 360 minutes, mind. :lol: Will be interesting to see if we're so cagey in the next round.

Opportunity of a lifetime.

Didn't he have a great chance after about 5 minutes? :lol:

Thought Eto'o played well enough. Red card swung the game really, he was isolated after that.

Guest icemanblue

Fucking excellent. 45 minutes of boredom, followed by 45 minutes of frustration. Still went home absolutely fucking buzzing. Football, eh. :lol:

No idea what to make of any of that :lol: In a weeks time when most of the details are forgotten it'll go down as a classic.

Big "ups" to Taylor who completely kept us in the game a few times early on. An absolute heroic display.

2 blokes in our row got up and left when the 3 minutes injury time board went up.

Why?????? Despite the game being finely poised and the injury time winner we were heading for 30 minutes ET anyway!!!!

I don't understand why people do it.

Great late winner, but I did s*** my self when they hit the bar. I was kinda expecting a late winner by them when they went down to 10 men, but a great win. :D

My television was late and I saw the 'bye bye Europa" posts here, thought they had scored. So I was cursing to myself and waiting for them to score and jumped up and celebrated when the ref only gave them the freekick. And then went back to bricking it. :lol: