Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

I'm a bit surprised at this reaction. The TV replays clearly show a player directly between Halsey and the tackle.

Not always possible, but it was in fairly open space, isn't it a ref's job to ensure he has a decent view of such incidents?

Can't be helped if someone runs in front of you tbf

Huh, our player wasn't stood infront of him for the whole incident.

Guest strongbow69

Dwight Yorke asking for a lengthy ban.

legitimately so, martinez saying it was player debut over excuberance and he got the ball  :hmm: not sure maself.

Martinez can fuck off with his shite team. How the fuck he and Wigan are rated by most on this forum is beyond me! Look at the fucking league table!!

Take a look at what he's working with though and look at the budget Wigan have comparative to other teams. Said it before and I'll say it again but I'd have him manager here over Pardew anyday.

Totally agree.

Dwight Yorke asking for a lengthy ban.

:clap:

Well in dwight; you may well be an ex-manure/mackem scumbag with the parenting skills of an alcoholic one of those fish that abandons and eats their own children, but you're alright in my book.

Guest bimpy474

As a ref myself you do get your view blocked, but that's why you have 3 others to help you (which i dont, only a very biased lino from each team). And if the other 3 didn't see that tackle as a red then we have a serious problem with how our ref's are being taught at the top level.

Guest Phil K

Feel utterly f***ing mugged and robbed.

This..never felt so angry all season.

Hope the c*** gets 12 match ban

Halsey should be kicked out of PL refereeing list too.

Shameful performance. But linesmen were just as bad

We are f***ing s*** officiating regardless. We can blame lousy decisions but when you have a team of good players playing obscenely badly it's the coaching teams fault. These players head balls without think where the ball will go, hoof and pass to the opposition and over play things when glaringly obvious easy passes could be made. They don't even do the basics right and haven't for a long time. it's a f***ing shambles.

Any impetus and inventiveness the new players brought has been coached out to revert to safe tactic norm. We are atrocious and for no other reason than the way we are set up. We should have hammered Wigan today. I have No idea what we do on the training ground but it's obviously a far cry from what every other club does because we continue to make poor teams look dangerous and better teams like Barcelona.

Knee jerk reaction over and out.

Couldn't agree more.

We've been cheated out of a point and a opposition red card but it doesn't change the fact that we were absymal today.

Again, irrelevant.

How the f*** is it irrelevant? Had we got a point I'd have still said we were s***. Because we were.

It's not relevant because even though we were shit, that isn't even the second reason we lost, let alone the first.

It just just seems pointless to mention it when it's a by-product of us not only having loads of players out injured, but being completely fucked over by the officials. And not just the direct affect that those things have, but the way it effected our play.

Our attacking play is clueless and appalling every week, yet it's not worth criticising our attacking play for being clueless and appalling this week, because the ref was shite? :lol:

Even if his view was blocked of the act of gbh that was commited it doesn't take fucking brian cox to work out the way the ball was travelling and the two players coming together pre-blockage to the aftermath with our player screaming in agony with his knee cap at a right angle to think "mmm...there might of at least been a foul commited"....

We were robbed of playing against 10 men for most of the game and we were robbed of a draw.

Our all round play is gash, we cant get the ball to Cisse in dangerous areas. we see, to rely on Marv or Cab to deliver something special.

I still feel mugged to fuck tho.

That hand ball.

Fuck me.

I'm a bit surprised at this reaction. The TV replays clearly show a player directly between Halsey and the tackle.

Not always possible, but it was in fairly open space, isn't it a ref's job to ensure he has a decent view of such incidents?

looking at what sky showed, he's in front of him at the time of impact, iirc they're running in the same direction so chances are his views blocked for a couple of seconds, enough to make him not get the whole challenge, he's not going to give the red if he hasn't seen it properly.  But as I said earlier it doesn't excuse the other officials, what the fuck were they doing. 

I wanted the b****** sent off the same as anyone and slated Halsey for it at the time, but looking at it I really don't think there's much he could do.  You can tell in the second half he's seen it back as we got away with a fair few silly challenges.

Guest firetotheworks

We are f***ing s*** officiating regardless. We can blame lousy decisions but when you have a team of good players playing obscenely badly it's the coaching teams fault. These players head balls without think where the ball will go, hoof and pass to the opposition and over play things when glaringly obvious easy passes could be made. They don't even do the basics right and haven't for a long time. it's a f***ing shambles.

Any impetus and inventiveness the new players brought has been coached out to revert to safe tactic norm. We are atrocious and for no other reason than the way we are set up. We should have hammered Wigan today. I have No idea what we do on the training ground but it's obviously a far cry from what every other club does because we continue to make poor teams look dangerous and better teams like Barcelona.

Knee jerk reaction over and out.

Couldn't agree more.

We've been cheated out of a point and a opposition red card but it doesn't change the fact that we were absymal today.

Again, irrelevant.

How the f*** is it irrelevant? Had we got a point I'd have still said we were s***. Because we were.

It's not relevant because even though we were s***, that isn't even the second reason we lost, let alone the first.

It just just seems pointless to mention it when it's a by-product of us not only having loads of players out injured, but being completely f***ed over by the officials. And not just the direct affect that those things have, but the way it effected our play.

Our attacking play is clueless and appalling every week, yet it's not worth criticising our attacking play for being clueless and appalling this week, because the ref was s****? :lol:

No, what I mean is that this match hasn't even given me the opportunity to criticise our shitness. We were shit without Cabaye, then Debuchy, then Haidara. And with the worst refereeing performance I've seen since Martin Atkinson's.

We were shit, but nowhere near as much as we were robbed and unlucky. Our shitness just doesn't seem worth being talked about after that. They're justifiably excused today.

We were robbed of playing against 10 men for most of the game and we were robbed of a draw.

Our all round play is gash, we cant get the ball to Cisse in dangerous areas. we see, to rely on Marv or Cab to deliver something special.

I still feel mugged to fuck tho.

That hand ball.

Fuck me.

A good summary. :thup:

was anything going on with martinez in the aftermath of the tackle, there was somebody talking about it on 606 as i was driving home but i lost reception as they were saying martinez was a disgrace.

The fucking agonising scream that was picked up from the touchline should have been clue enough as to what happened in those 2 nanoseconds.

Blame the likes of Swansea for that not meaning much.

looking at what sky showed, he's in front of him at the time of impact, iirc they're running in the same direction so chances are his views blocked for a couple of seconds, enough to make him not get the whole challenge, he's not going to give the red if he hasn't seen it properly.  But as I said earlier it doesn't excuse the other officials, what the fuck were they doing. 

I wanted the b****** sent off the same as anyone and slated Halsey for it at the time, but looking at it I really don't think there's much he could do.  You can tell in the second half he's seen it back as we got away with a fair few silly challenges.

Yes he clearly levelled things up in the second half. So much so that their winning assist was a fucking slam dunk.

was anything going on with martinez in the aftermath of the tackle, there was somebody talking about it on 606 as i was driving home but i lost reception as they were saying martinez was a disgrace.

Martinez is now officially a bastard cunt.

No longer one of the managers I've any respect for after his interview.

looking at what sky showed, he's in front of him at the time of impact, iirc they're running in the same direction so chances are his views blocked for a couple of seconds, enough to make him not get the whole challenge, he's not going to give the red if he hasn't seen it properly.  But as I said earlier it doesn't excuse the other officials, what the f*** were they doing. 

Yes he clearly levelled things up in the second half. So much so that their winning assist was a f***ing slam dunk.

:lol:

it's a fair point but  I'm sure you know which incidents I'm on about :thup:

Bet someone will find a replay to prove that Halsey had a man in his way during the handball incident as well.

To be fair if you zoom in and refine the screenshot, it looks as though Halsey's view may have been obscured by his own eyelid - he was caught mid-blink when the ball was handled.

Bet someone will find a replay to prove that Halsey had a man in his way during the handball incident as well.

To be fair if you zoom in and refine the screenshot, it looks as though Halsey's view may have been obscured by his own eyelid - he was caught mid-blink when the ball was handled.

:lol: