Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 17/03/13 - post-match reaction from p61

Dave

Hard to say whether we would have won had Debuchy not got injured. We were completely on top until then. Things then went down hill from there. Can kinda understand the awful performance in this game. Performance aside you can't deny Halsey screwed us over ridiculously.

Debuchy's ability to go fwd was always going to cause their left side problems, as was proven in the first ten mins. His departure had a huge effect on the game.

You have to give AP some allowance for the fact we've had to change the fullback arrangements three times and the back four.

Hard to say whether we would have won had Debuchy not got injured. We were completely on top until then. Things then went down hill from there. Can kinda understand the awful performance in this game. Performance aside you can't deny Halsey screwed us over ridiculously.

Taylor had a good chance, but I don't think we looked exceptional. And even if we were playing great, 12 minutes of good football and then falling to pieces when your right back pulls his hamstring just isn't an excuse.

Referee cost us the game today - a shocking performance from Mark Halsey. I sincerely hope that Hiadara is OK and that that scouse prick gets the book thrown at him for such a cowardly challenge. Had it been Tiote who did it, he would have been off regardless of whether Halsey could see or not. :(

Pardew was fuming, as am I.

Guest firetotheworks

We are f***ing s*** officiating regardless. We can blame lousy decisions but when you have a team of good players playing obscenely badly it's the coaching teams fault. These players head balls without think where the ball will go, hoof and pass to the opposition and over play things when glaringly obvious easy passes could be made. They don't even do the basics right and haven't for a long time. it's a f***ing shambles.

Any impetus and inventiveness the new players brought has been coached out to revert to safe tactic norm. We are atrocious and for no other reason than the way we are set up. We should have hammered Wigan today. I have No idea what we do on the training ground but it's obviously a far cry from what every other club does because we continue to make poor teams look dangerous and better teams like Barcelona.

Knee jerk reaction over and out.

Couldn't agree more.

We've been cheated out of a point and a opposition red card but it doesn't change the fact that we were absymal today.

Again, irrelevant.

How the f*** is it irrelevant? Had we got a point I'd have still said we were s***. Because we were.

It's not relevant because even though we were shit, that isn't even the second reason we lost, let alone the first.

It just just seems pointless to mention it when it's a by-product of us not only having loads of players out injured, but being completely fucked over by the officials. And not just the direct affect that those things have, but the way it effected our play.

f*** me, Maloney saw the handball yet Halsey or his linesman didn't!!!!!!

Thought the lad interviewed quite well tbf. Honest.

I don't dispute that, but if he, and all the others saw it, why didn't the officials ffs!!!!

:lol: Because they're terrible.

Terrible i accept but are they blind. I never can get my head around them seeing the same thing as nearly everyone else and getting it wrong.

Baffling bad ref's we have.

Bent???

Guest fraser

I can stand the defeats by Spurs, Swansea, Reading and the like because in the end winning is our responsibility. To lose against what should have been ten men to a handball is sickening. Sending that thug out for the second half diminished Martinez.

We wont get relegated but yes we are shit, and awful team to watch;

Elliot 6        Good commanding presence in the penalty area, good on crosses, great distribution. Should keep his place

Debuchy N/A We missed him badly after he went off.

Santon 6    Can't defend on either side and shouldn't be picked at full back. Maybe an option in front of Debuchy. Scored hence the 6

MYM    5    Looked young and inexperienced at times

Taylor  7    By far the best defender we have

Haidara N/A    Looks good going forward, poor on the first goal though he'd only been on for a minute. Long term our best option at LB

Tiote    5  If you want to play Tiote you can only play one way and it doesn't help a lot of our players

Jonas    6  Good performance. Shouldn't start, but a good squad player

Marveaux 5 Good player but not in this Pardew team.

Gouffran  5 Same as Marveaux, technically gifted but completely wasted the way we play

Sissoko  6  Brute force, powerful, quick, terrible passing, brainless

Cisse    5  Wasted the way we play, no service, poor finishing

Perch    5 Limited player (see Tiote) should have stayed on the bench.

Shola  4  Lumbering

Face it lads even without the injuries the performance as a whole was f***ing diabolical.

Two fullbacks don't make a team, 11 players does.

Losing the fullbacks knocked our momentum, we were decent till debuchy went off.

Guest bimpy474

f*** me, Maloney saw the handball yet Halsey or his linesman didn't!!!!!!

Thought the lad interviewed quite well tbf. Honest.

I don't dispute that, but if he, and all the others saw it, why didn't the officials ffs!!!!

:lol: Because they're terrible.

Terrible i accept but are they blind. I never can get my head around them seeing the same thing as nearly everyone else and getting it wrong.

Baffling bad ref's we have.

Bent???

I think they are so bad that being bent isn't possible, you need to disguise it a bit but our ref's are just plain terrible.

Guest Slippery Sam

Referee cost us the game today - a shocking performance from Mark Halsey. I sincerely hope that Hiadara is OK and that that scouse prick gets the book thrown at him for such a cowardly challenge. Had it been Tiote who did it, he would have been off regardless of whether Halsey could see or not. :(

Pardew was fuming, as am I.

Agreed. If it had been Tiote, he would have been given a straight red.  Surely the scream from Haidara should have alerted Halsey.

Martinez is on now. I once had admiration for him...but not now.

Debuchy going off made a massive difference to our game but even when he was on our forward play was poor as we were getting balls into the box and not getting on the end of them which is typical of us for most of the time.

Halsey was poor, that doesn't changeg how bad we were 11 v 11, them going down to 10 men would have given us an advantage, it doesn't hide how bad were though.

Gutting defeat. Absolutely gutting. I'm sat here writhing in pain over the injuries, the incompetent (and probably corrupt) refereeing, the last minute goal, and most of all the abysmal standard of football we play.

It really is a lot to take, and I haven't got a clue why it affects a fan so much. It's just football at the end of the day, is it not?

Hard to say if we're definitely safe from relegation, but the fact that there are still some seriously shite teams around us (including Wigan who are extremely overrated on this board) might mean we are probably staying up.

Surely we can't continue to play this amateurish style of rushed and incoherent football for much longer? Something has to give. Pardew either needs to bring in a serious coach or be replaced himself.

No apologies for my ramblings. Emotions all over the place at the moment.

Guest bimpy474

Poor form from Debuchy going off with a non-contact injury early on. Didn't warm up properly?

Wrong boots.

Socks too tight.

Went to bed late.

Ate too much pasta.

Sore bum from Cab's.

Face it lads even without the injuries the performance as a whole was f***ing diabolical.

Two fullbacks don't make a team, 11 players does.

Losing the fullbacks knocked our momentum, we were decent till debuchy went off.

Excuses,  face facts man,  if debauchy didn't get injured, Haidara would not had come on and would not had got injured either. 

So if debauchy had a blinder of a match ... What about our other 9 players that completely stunk the place out?