NUFC Accounts 2012/13 published: PROFIT - from Page 7

Rich

Could the increase in commercial income be put down as to having more games for advertising space etc?  It's a small gain isn't it, 2 million??

Probably, as we had a good run in the Europa league with a few more home games than usual because of it.

4 years of profit totalling over a 100 million and not a penny spent on transfers in the last 12 months

But there has been money spent on transfers in the last 4 years though.. :lol:

What's your point? We're still up a cool 100m over that 4 year period and still haven't bought a player in 12 months?

My point was you were looking at money we'd made in a 4 year period but ignoring anything we'd spend outside of the last 1 year.  But now I'm not sure I even get what you're referring to.  How are we up £100m? ???

That 100 million is AFTER transfer fees for incoming players in the period before the past 12 months.

37 + 1.5 + 10 + >50? (up to June 2014) is near enough 100 million by my calculations. Our lack of spending is indefensible.

BTW For those asking where the £10m has gone, without going into detail, this headline profit is an accountancy "profit". It basically means the club is worth £10m more on paper than it was the year before. It doesn't necessarily mean the club brought in £10m more than it spent and that £10m is sitting in a bank somewhere or has disappeared into Mike's back pocket. Looking at the paragraph on the debt & the overdraft it suggests we spent about £4m more than we received for the year.

This year though...  :wav:

We are so fucking ungrateful and delusional of course, here's a comment from that sky piece:

"All you Geordies need to get off Ashleys back.... i can't believe he's put up with you for all this time. He plough's his own money into the club, you have no debt and are secure in the Premier League.... take a look around at what some chairmen are doing at the likes of Hull (changing their name) and Cardiff (playing in red) etc.... There's clubs that have their very future in doubt due to being millions in debt due to bad management and/or going into administration"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9184452

If he's just gonna let profits sit in the bank and toss off over them without spending it, I'd rather he just took some of it and lowered the debt owed to him.

Ah but his supporters wouldn't be able to use the justification of him not spending a dime on those matchday advertising countered by not seeking interest on his loan though.

Steve Cole (SC): What is the saving that Sports Direct makes on advertising around the stadium?

The Club suggested that while it is always proactively looking to attract new commercial partners and to sell that advertising space, in the current climate it could not command a sum for that space anywhere close to the £129m invested into the club interest free by the owner.

Now we know why he doesn't take back any of that loan. :lol: