NUFC Accounts 2012/13 published: PROFIT - from Page 7

Rich

They'll show everything for that particular period, past accounts show the rest.  If there's anything to show of course, can't remember if there was a planned repayment of any kind for this period (last last year AFAIR), someone else will have to remind me.

EDIT:

The final £18m of the £29m Ashley put in a few seasons ago should be repaid in this set of accounts.  He'd then have to declare if any of the original £111m loan is to be paid in the following year.  Which is something he said he wouldn't do, so we'll find out if he sticks to that.

Be great if they cooked the books, got done for fraud then had to share a cell with a sex-crazed nutjob.

Placing the club in administration in the process. Aye.

And no one would buy us because we're a club riddled with debt- oh wait.

I wish that's how it works anyway.

Guest pont-toon

Be great if they cooked the books, got done for fraud then had to share a cell with a sex-crazed nutjob.

Placing the club in administration in the process. Aye.

Or even placing the club in the hands of same sex crazed nutjob !

Guest bimpy474

Whats all this £111 million loan ? he bought the club warts and all. Newcastle United doesn't owe Ashley a penny.

It's the debts he discovered the club had because he failed to get due diligence done on the club finances, he paid them all off hence the £111m loan. It's interest free so we get no more debt build up on it.

But he wants that paid back to him if he sells.

Yay, we can see all those billions Ashley's apparently pocketed, can't wait!

If Ashley had increased the club's revenues such that it was in a position for him to pocket trillions while doing its utmost to strengthen the squad year on year, then I doubt many would be complaining. We've made something like £40m profit from transfers over 5 years, and he's only been able to pay off £11m of his self-created debt so far. Yet some would have you believe that the club's never been healthier.  :hmm:

They'll show everything for that particular period, past accounts show the rest.  If there's anything to show of course, can't remember if there was a planned repayment of any kind for this period (last last year AFAIR), someone else will have to remind me.

EDIT:

The final £18m of the £29m Ashley put in a few seasons ago should be repaid in this set of accounts.  He'd then have to declare if any of the original £111m loan is to be paid in the following year.  Which is something he said he wouldn't do, so we'll find out if he sticks to that.

Unfortunately, I think the need to bring in some players in Jan 13 meant we couldn't pay Mike the £18m we would have hoped to. :sad:

This was mentioned in the fans forum meeting when asked by the NUST member who was subsequently banned.

The club spent a net £30m* in January because of the league position at that time but also in the knowledge that the TV deal would create an inflated market.

£11m was duly paid back, with £18m due to be paid back. That sum has not been paid back yet, nor is there an intention to pay it back this season.

*This figure is incorrect

Do you really think people would be that interested in revenue UV? Have my doubts I must admit.

Higher revenue means you can sustain a higher wage bill and possibly even dare to spend money on incoming transfers without selling players first. Yes I think people would be indirectly interested, and guess what, that interest might even increase revenue further. Revolutionary thinking I know.