Manchester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/03/13 - post-match reaction from p34

Dave

Glad it's over. Everybody expected a bumming and we got bummed. Don't understand the drama in this thread, it's not Pardew's fault if the players just don't give a f***. Main thing is we got through without new injuries and have four massive games coming up where I'm sure the performances will be a lot better and hopefully get few players back soon. Can't wait for Thursday.

:lol:

Eh? Managers are important and Pardew has been at fault many times this season but he's not the one playing. I can't criticise Pardew for the performances that Cabaye, Anita and Obertan among others put out today.

:lol: The players play s*** every week and it's not Pardew's responsibility.  Are you on drugs?

They have played shit but at least they've usually tried every game.

I'll say that was never any intent to try and compete today. Was all about getting through the game with no more injuries and hope for not too severe of a hiding.

Absolute inexcusable given our league performance.

The tactics were obvious contain and break but you can't contain a team like City when you've got several passengers on the pitch.

Writing a game off when we're very deep in a relegation battle is ok?

I want to win the Europa as much as anyone but I'd take survival over that. It still escapes me why the two have to be mutually exclusive though - do the Europa winners typically get relegated?

Writing one game off, against an Uber team like this , where the effort and damage involved in competing is so high, compared to the other games up coming is acceptable yes.

Pards had basically written this game off before it started.  Obviously one eye on Benfica and the other on the 'winnable' games against Fulham and the unwashed coming up. 

very clearly this, some may think its wrong- I respect thier right to this. I agree fully its the right thing to do, but to be having full on tantrums about is laughable.

I haven't seen a tantrum. We just tend to discuss the manager on match day. I'm sure that's preferable to me posting that he's shite in the Pardew thread every single day?

Glad it's over. Everybody expected a bumming and we got bummed. Don't understand the drama in this thread, it's not Pardew's fault if the players just don't give a f***. Main thing is we got through without new injuries and have four massive games coming up where I'm sure the performances will be a lot better and hopefully get few players back soon. Can't wait for Thursday.

:lol:

Eh? Managers are important and Pardew has been at fault many times this season but he's not the one playing. I can't criticise Pardew for the performances that Cabaye, Anita and Obertan among others put out today.

:lol: The players play s*** every week and it's not Pardew's responsibility.  Are you on drugs?

They have played shit but at least they've usually tried every game.

What makes you think that Pardew told them to approach the game with any form of attacking intent and they instead ignored orders and decided not to even try?

Pards had basically written this game off before it started.  Obviously one eye on Benfica and the other on the 'winnable' games against Fulham and the unwashed coming up. 

very clearly this, some may think its wrong- I respect thier right to this. I agree fully its the right thing to do, but to be having full on tantrums about is laughable.

I haven't seen a tantrum. We just tend to discuss the manager on match day. I'm sure that's preferable to me posting that he's shite in the Pardew thread every single day?

what? :lol:

I want to win the Europa as much as anyone but I'd take survival over that. It still escapes me why the two have to be mutually exclusive though - do the Europa winners typically get relegated?

Writing one game off, against an Uber team like this , where the effort and damage involved in competing is so high, compared to the other games up coming is acceptable yes.

I hope you are right.  :thup:

seriously hope we get our players back soon

Can only think of two missing today?...

You what?

Tiote, Santon, Debuchy, Colo, HBA, Krul

HBA I'd forgot about as its been so long... Colo would only swap MYM or ST so not a massive difference and Tiote with Anita which people before the game was saying was a blessing in disguise... Elliot has been playing well so only thought the 2 full backs as really missing if that makes sense...

what? :lol:

He's right - people tend to make a judgement game-by-game, you know, depending on the way we play.  Today the excuse is that we're saving ourselves for Thursday and went for damage limitation from the first whistle, last game there was a different excuse and there'll be another one for the next negative mess of a performance.

How the fuck can people not understand what I meant? Pardew can tell them anything but it doesn't matter if the players won't get stuck in due to fear of injury or saving energy to a massive game on Thursday.

so do I.....

but just imagine how we would be feeling tonight if we had gone down with glorious defeat, say 2-1 , lost a couple of players to injury, had someone sent off for a pen, etc etc. valiant effort- far reaching consequences.

so do I.....

but just imagine how we would be feeling tonight if we had gone down with glorious defeat, say 2-1 , lost a couple of players to injury, had someone sent off for a pen, etc etc. valiant effort- far reaching consequences.

Having a go at winning a game of football doesn't mean that the players are going to get injured or sent off. This is a ridiculous argument.

You might, MIGHT have a point if we weren't devoid of any creativity, attacking impetus or drive to out score teams and WIN games every week. It doesn't matter who we're playing.

Was that a tantrum?

so do I.....

Having a go at winning a game of football doesn't mean that the players are going to get injured or sent off. This is a ridiculous argument.

You might, MIGHT have a point if we weren't devoid of any creativity, attacking impetus or drive to out score teams and WIN games every week. It doesn't matter who we're playing.

Was that a tantrum?

What makes you think I was thinking about you when I mentioned Tantrums then?

edit- I dont beleive we can compete with Man City without a massive fight and effort, that may be more than a point at best is worth.

How the f*** can people not understand what I meant? Pardew can tell them anything but it doesn't matter if the players won't get stuck in due to fear of injury or saving energy to a massive game on Thursday.

:lol: you really reckon Pardew told them to get stuck in and go for it today?

Well I hope he didn't. I rather take injury free 4-0 loss than a fighting 2-1 loss with couple of injuries. My point being that I can't fault Pardew for our performance today with all the injuries (yes!) and the games that are coming up.