Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

Guest icemanblue

So that'll be Willo coming in?

Honestly, I think that's the difference between victory and defeat :(

Perch is fit, apparently. Still, massive blow to our chances.

‏@milesstarforth 1m

Steven Taylor doubtful for #benfica with a knock suffered in training today. #nufc

Well he had a good run.

No chance of a clean sheet unfortunately.

Perch and  Yanga Mbiwa looked good against Anzhi, we should still believe !

‏@milesstarforth 1m

Steven Taylor doubtful for #benfica with a knock suffered in training today. #nufc

Well he had a good run.

No chance of a clean sheet unfortunately.

Perch and  Yanga Mbiwa looked good against Zenit, we should still believe !

I'm sure they did, but who were they playing for then?

EDIT: Beat the edit :shifty:

Willo last minute goal from a corner to make it 2-0. Nailed on. Like a phoenix from the ashes, he shall rise among the melee of bodies and thump in a header into the top corner from the penalty stop as the crowd erupts and the whistle blows for the bookable infringement of Williamson entering the opposition box in a competitive European tie.

From Taylor thread...

@Scottwilsonecho 3m

Taylor injured his knee in training and is unlikely to play tomorrow. Will almost certainly mean Perch and Yanga-Mbiwa at centre-half #NUFC

Guest Roger Kint

So that'll be Willo coming in?

Honestly, I think that's the difference between victory and defeat :(

Perch.

Aye, no idea why people think Williamson would play. Hasnt kicked a ball since MYM came in has he?

Guest GloriosoSLB

Got beat 4-1 the last time they were on English soil? Sorted.

not really. last time we'r at England we lost in the extra-time against chelsea at CL quarter-finals(we r down to 10 since the first half, and without any center back that game). before that we were able to draw 2-2 at old traford, and that was the needed result to go through.

now i would take any of those results, but a victory would be great, as it practically confirms our entrance at CL pot 1 next season!

i'm pretty sure that this would be a great match, we should rest 2 ou 3 key players again, but don't have a defensive playing style, so u can expect an open match.

the number of Benfica fans should be inferior to 2000, but u may understand that our country isn't living an easy moment right now, many of us have invested in a lot of trips this year (one of them to the UK to), so a lot of people are doing some maths thinking about another games (not only in the EL, but also at Funchal and Porto, crucial games for us). but St James Park is a great stadium and the the atmosphere should be worthy!

Guest eagleye

Got beat 4-1 the last time they were on English soil? Sorted.

http://i49.tinypic.com/17yalg.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/72rlm8.jpg

You are clearly a very good team, but you still needed us to hand all three of your goals to you at the Stadium of Light.

Yeah, that's right - I said it, I meant it, I'm here to represent it.

:lol: