Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

Judging by your manager's words United will be patient instead of going all out attack. He may be bluffing. I believe he's correct anyway, we'll be looking to use our offensive players pace on the counter if you guys come with everything from the beginning of the game. I wouldn't expect such an high defensive line - unless you give us the ball every time.

Btw, we are undefeated for 35 games in a row in all competitions, setting up a new record for portuguese teams. The prior record was 33 games (Mourinho, Porto). Just numbers, still interesting though.

Eight european games in this period. 7W, 1D. 2-0 Spartak, 2-1 Celtic, 0-0 Barcelona, 0-1 Bayer Leverkusen, 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen, 1-0 Bordeaux, 2-3 Bordeaux and 3-1 against you guys. I believe St James Park will be the 2nd or 3rd most difficult european game; Camp Nou 1st, Leverkusen or Newcastle 2nd. Surely a tight game.

Well, you're going to have to lose sooner or later.

I've not been keeping up here, but are Haidara/Tiote back?

According to PhysioRoom Haidara is and Tiote is back for the derby.

If Tiote's fit for Sunday, I'd sooner play Cabaye Thursday and hope for the best. Worst case scenario against Sunderland is that we'll have something like Tiote, Jonas & Anita.

Guest P.Aimar10

i wasn't very impressed with Ola John in the first leg but Krul seems to rate him quite highly so he could still cause damage.

Ola John is the type of player that can go unoticed for a big part of the match and then pull off a stunt like this one agaisnt Leverkusen:

HERPTHEPORTUGUESEDERP

About the game, as a benfica fan Im not really confident because SJP is gonna be boiling and having a cracking atmosphere that will be hard for the benfica players, theyre pretty much used to playing at home almost all the matches. Away at Bordeuax and Leverkusen we had at least 10000 fans in each stadium.

Good luck and I hope Newcastle avoids relegation because such an historic club deserves nothing less than the premierleague.

Guest P.Aimar10

Did someone forget the question regarding posting football videos already? :lol:

Signed up a few hours ago :yao:

I registered just to post that and in the meantime completely forgot it was against the rules.

My apologies  :blush:

Did someone forget the question regarding posting football videos already? :lol:

I registered just to post that and in the meantime completely forgot it was against the rules.

It's okay man, I feel like a dick really because the rest of your post was great!

We hate the stupid rule, but sadly we've been closed down in the past due to having copyright material showing on the site.

Thanks for the kind comments and I'm sure they're returned your way from many of us on here. I hope we somehow get past you in a clean, fair game but that you win the league to make up for the disappointment.

It should be an interesting night.

Guest benfiquista

f*** it, I believe!

Yeah, Benfica we are going all Dortmund on you with our spikey shirts.

We'll go all Real Madrid on you and finish you off when you start getting your hopes up.  :knuppel2:  :angel:

f*** it, I believe!

We'll go all Real Madrid on you and finish you off when you start getting your hopes up.  :knuppel2:  :angel:

That's probably what will happen, but still hold out hope for a 2-0, possibly some decisions going our way would be nice.

Guest P.Aimar10

It's okay man, I feel like a dick really because the rest of your post was great!

We hate the stupid rule, but sadly we've been closed down in the past due to having copyright material showing on the site.

Thanks for the kind comments and I'm sure they're returned your way from many of us on here. I hope we somehow get past you in a clean, fair game but that you win the league to make up for the disappointment.

It should be an interesting night.

Same here man :)

If Benfica manages to get through I hope you guys at least hammer Scumderland(I saw someone say that herexD) and avoid relegation to make up for it.

Ive been a long time lurker of forums from away teams that benfica faces, and out of all of them(everton, liverpool, chelsea, man utd e.t.c) you guys are the most humble and down to earth, and definetely the best so far.

Sorry in advance for the diving our players do, you see, here in our league, physical contact is mostly frowned upon in favour of tecnical football, so it might get in the nerves of fans from a much more physical league like yours.

If Benfica manages to get through I hope you guys at least hammer Scumderland(I saw someone say that herexD) and avoid relegation to make up for it.

Ive been a long time lurker of forums from away teams that benfica faces, and out of all of them(everton, liverpool, chelsea, man utd e.t.c) you guys are the most humble and down to earth, and definetely the best so far.

Sorry in advance for the diving our players do, you see, here in our league, physical contact is mostly frowned upon in favour of tecnical football, so it might get in the nerves of fans from a much more physical league like yours.

That's because we're not very good and we know it.

Guest benfiquista

f*** it, I believe!

That's probably what will happen, but still hold out hope for a 2-0, possibly some decisions going our way would be nice.

Should be exciting to say the least and, judging by tonight's CL games, anything can happen... until the very last minute.

Guest P.Aimar10

That's because we're not very good and we know it.

Nah its not :)

You see Newcastle is a better club than Everton IMO, and yet when we trashed them 5-0, when I lurked their forums I saw some of their fans demand a 7-0 win at Goodison Park to make up for it  :idiot2: