Newcastle 1 - 1 Benfica - 11/04/13 (2 - 4 on agg) - post-match reaction from p60

Dave

Thanks for the respect in both games!

I hope that we can play again when you return to the CL. I already say that but I'll repeat. Newcastle is my UK team and I hope that you can back quickly to the good old days.

Thanks for the respect in both games!

I hope that we can play again when you return to the CL. I already say that but I'll repeat. Newcastle is my UK team and I hope that you can back quickly to the old good days.

:blush: Aww shucks

Guest neesy111

That moment and the second half I was absolutely proud to be a Newcastle fan, atmosphere was spot, couldn't ask for me where I was. Pro us & at last no mackem songs, superb. Constant noise for the last 20 mins which got louder when they scored.

It's total glorious failure but it has to be done.

According to the mackems we song about them all game....

hold them for 70 mins then attack came so close- the right approach just unlucky.

We'll always go trophy-less with this kind of attitude.  Always an excuse, always a hard-luck story, not much can-do attitude to be found.  Pardew knows it and he preys on it, people accept it.

Guest neesy111

hold them for 70 mins then attack came so close- the right approach just unlucky.

We'll always go trophy-less with this kind of attitude.  Always an excuse, always a hard-luck story, not much can-do attitude to be found.  Pardew knows it and he preys on it, people accept it.

We'll always be trophy less if we make complete fuck ups like in Lisbon not because of tonight, thats what cost us.

That moment and the second half I was absolutely proud to be a Newcastle fan, atmosphere was spot, couldn't ask for me where I was. Pro us & at last no mackem songs, superb. Constant noise for the last 20 mins which got louder when they scored.

According to the mackems, a hamper of spam is a sensible competition prize.

Absolutely gutted to go out. That last 20 minutes where it was all us just chasing the goal I really thought it was gonna happen. Their goal was an absolute suckerpunch. I said beforehand that I thought we'd get a goal early and then concede late whilst chasing the winner, but it still hurt like hell.

Cannot wait for Sunday now. Fucking mackems will be on the end of our players' frustrations and it will be a fucking bloodbath.

We'll always be trophy less if we make complete f*** ups like in Lisbon not because of tonight, thats what cost us.

:thup:

According to the mackems, a hamper of spam is a sensible competition prize.

I love spam (I don't) but first half was standard mackem baiting first half in la fraise corner.

We'll always be trophy less if we make complete fuck ups like in Lisbon not because of tonight, thats what cost us.

Tie lost due to individual errors in the first leg, therefore we're on a hiding to nothing so we have no chance.  More excuses.  Pains me to say it but clubs like Liverpool don't do excuses, they just manage to win trophies.  Always a hard luck story and Pardew's well on to it, even when this was his main diversion from our horrific league season.

Tie lost due to individual errors in the first leg, therefore we're on a hiding to nothing so we have no chance.  More excuses.  Pains me to say it but clubs like Liverpool don't do excuses, they just manage to win trophies.  Always a hard luck story and Pardew's well on to it, even when this was his main diversion from our horrific league season.

Surely every team that goes out has a hard luck story.

Truth be told we came up against a team way better than we are...end.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Which is why we needed to take advantage of the away goals rule and basically try and beat them on a technicality, rather than go toe-to-toe.

Unlike every other game we'll play this season, I wanted us to be utterly grotty for most of the match.

Guest firetotheworks

Also, what the fuck is it with some of the pricks that come to the match 10, 20, even 30 mins late?

These lads in front of me left as soon as they scored. People like that don't deserve victory. Fucking pathetic arseholes.

Oh, grow up and look reality in the face. It was a rational game plan that sensibly addressed both our depleted resources (notably not one first-choice defender in the picture and a back four that had never played together) and the absolute necessity to stop them scoring because just one was all it was ever going to take to put the game out of our reach, and it very nearly came off. They were clearly the better side, but we still almost had them.

Supported Newcastle long enough to know we don't win games like these, we never do. A lifetime of disapointment is what you sign up for when you follow Newcastle. There will be highs, but there will be horrible lows too. I genuinely believe this club will never win anything whilst i live. Expectation isnt the problem, I've got that, it's acceptance that's the key. I know I will never accept it, that's why it hurts so much everytime.

I said to my son that tonight might be the last time we get to go to a European game together, I hope I'm wrong.

Which is why we needed to take advantage of the away goals rule and basically try and beat them on a technicality, rather than go toe-to-toe.

Unlike every other game we'll play this season, I wanted us to be utterly grotty for most of the match.

Probably should've imposed ourselves a bit more from the start but aside from that I can't complain. They missed as many chances tonight as we did at the Estadio.

Supported Newcastle long enough to know we don't win games like these, we never do. A lifetime of disapointment is what you sign up for when you follow Newcastle. There will be highs, but there will be horrible lows too. I genuinely believe this club will never win anything whilst i live. Expectation isnt the problem, I've got that, it's acceptance that's the key. I know I will never accept it, that's why it hurts so much everytime.

I sad to my son that tonight might be the last time we get to go to a European game together, I hope I'm wrong.

That's the spirit.

It isn't too far away. You have a excellent team but unfortunately you can't keep the good players like Demba Ba, Carroll and others.

Thanks for the kind words but the bulk of this team will be broken apart long before it ever gets close to winning anything.