WBA 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Dave

Going to be interesting to see if the local press starting to get on his back more now.

They have to see what we see?! Or are we fucking mental in here?

First half was ok, second was just :anguish: :anguish:

The lack of movement, and players running in the box when we "attack" is just criminal man.

Grow some fucking balls, players and manager.

Going to be interesting to see if the local press starting to get on his back more now.

The lack of movement, and players running in the box when we "attack" is just criminal man.

The local press are little bitches. Mark Douglas is on twitter tonight slating Redknapp. The twat would never say anything like that about Pardew because he needs his quotes every week. Ryder might turn on him. That's because his only redeeming feature is that he is a big fan. The rest of them care only for an easy life where Pardew feeds them nice easy lines to work with.

I'm satisfied with the point, I guess because my expectations aren't as high as others'. The balance doesn't look right in midfield - we only had one player in Cabaye with good technique on the ball - but our problems in playing the ball through the midfield aren't new. Likewise I'm not convinced by our options - or should I say option - up front. West Brom aren't a bad side and we were away from home.

Sissoko, perhaps understandably, looks like he's trying to do too much on his own at times.

The local press are little bitches. Mark Douglas is on twitter tonight slating Redknapp. The twat would never say anything like that about Pardew because he needs his quotes every week. Ryder might turn on him. That's because his only redeeming feature is that he is a big fan. The rest of them care only for an easy life where Pardew feeds them nice easy lines to work with.

I've just made a very similar argument in the Sunderland thread about di Canio and the lack of coverage of his politics after his 'apology'. Local football journalists need access to the club on a daily basis to file half a dozen pages of copy. To that end they'll be the very last people to criticise a manager.

Guest Roger Kint

Didnt mention his curry. Disappointing

Fuck him i made a lush one today, even the bitter taste of shit defending didnt spoil it

Guest Roger Kint

I had to laugh in the online interview for bbc he said west brom went more direct second half and that's why they dominated us, he does realise we weren't the one's in the stripes right?

West Brom did go more direct and had 15 minutes of solid pressure at the start of the second half. I am also sure they were in stripes. What are you talking about?

Guest Roger Kint

West Brom were direct from the first whistle. There game plan in the first half was to launch it over our defense and hope Lukaku ran onto it.

Long ball you say? umpossible

I had to laugh in the online interview for bbc he said west brom went more direct second half and that's why they dominated us, he does realise we weren't the one's in the stripes right?

West Brom did go more direct and had 15 minutes of solid pressure at the start of the second half. I am also sure they were in stripes. What are you talking about?

Sorry I should of been a bit more specific, I meant that it was a bit ironic pardew was saying the reason west brom were all over us second half was because they went more direct when 3/4 of the time it's all we ever do. And even though they did try and launch it over our defence for lukaku to run onto, especially first half, they still passed the ball about more about than we did. Their goal for example was something that we would struggle to score to be fair.

They always had a direct game plan, it was just far more focused in the second half. They stuck 2 big lads on our full backs and hit early diagonals to create one-on-one situations, picking up the second ball more often than not as they effectively had the extra man advantage in the middle (since Sissoko was pretty much operating as a striker before Shola came on).

Guest Roger Kint

Sorry I should of been a bit more specific, I meant that it was a bit ironic pardew was saying the reason west brom were all over us second half was because they went more direct when 3/4 of the time it's all we ever do. And even though they did try and launch it over our defence for lukaku to run onto, especially first half, they still passed the ball about more about than we did. Their goal for example was something that we would struggle to score to be fair.

To be fair the start of the half was as you would expect. We calmed it daown a bit then even the commentator said the prick was telling us not to go forward. If you think they played well first half i cant help you though. They were there for the taking and our players not Pardew cost us a few goals there

To be fair the start of the half was as you would expect. We calmed it daown a bit then even the commentator said the prick was telling us not to go forward. If you think they played well first half i cant help you though. They were there for the taking and our players not Pardew cost us a few goals there

Don't worry I thought west brom were terrible first half and on another day we'd of been at least 2-0 up at half time.

Just got back from the game, stating the obvious, very impressive first half, dreadful second.

Think it was more to do with WBA changing things and our lot having no idea how to counter it other than the 'famous' Plan B of putting Shola on and hoofing it. Desperate stuff. Some really cringeworthy stuff from some of our lot too. Some bloke behind me was cheering Lukaku on as he ran at Jonas, hoping that Lukaku would score so Pardew would see how crap Jonas is at full back. Lost count how many times Jonas and Elliott were called c**ts by our own fans. Bit pathetic really.

agreed thought our lot were shocking today

As in the fans? That's a shame - sounded in partiuclarly good voice on the telly like.