WBA 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Dave

We should bring back Steve Clarke he must be more of a manager than Pardew will ever be.

How do you know West Brom aren't just having a season similar to what we had under Pardew last year?

We should bring back Steve Clarke he must be more of a manager than Pardew will ever be.

How do you know West Brom aren't just having a season similar to what we had under Pardew last year?

I've seen them push players forward when they're leading for a start.

Not seen the game, but I'd have definitely taken a draw beforehand. We were away from home against a team above us in the league, and after last week, it was vital we didn't lose.

FFS. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Not seen the game, but I'd have definitely taken a draw beforehand. We were away from home against a team above us in the league, and after last week, it was vital we didn't lose.

Most teams are ahead of us in the league. The performance and approach to the match was fucking spineless.

You'll change your tune when you see the match. 

I can't remember anyone other than Cissé having any shots at their goal. All our goals seem to come from inside the penalty area. If you don't shoot you don't score. Considering we have Gouffran, Cissé, Cabaye, Sissoko and later on Ben Arfa, it is criminal how little we test opposition keepers.

FFS. :lol:

:lol: Unbelievable.

I would have probably accepted a draw beforehand fwiw, that isn't the problem here, the nature of that draw is.

Guest bimpy474

Did Foster have a save to make in the second half?

Only Gouff's long ranger when Foster fecked up his clearance. So no really.

This result has left me feeling numb, this was supposed to be the game where we could watch a reaction to the derby defeat and it lasted 45 minutes.  We were humiliated last week and I expected more of a reaction and it just didn't happen for long enough.

Guest WashyGeordie

Attacking first half, 0-1 up, should of been atleast 0-2, how Cisse missed that 1on1 is beyond me.

Defensive second half and we concede. Pardew has only one tactic a match, we don't have a plan B and he can't change things. Ben Arfa didn't even get a touch of the ball, and Shola done nowt again. And why the fuck did he take Cabaye off with 10 secs to go ffs?! (He didn't look happy aswell btw)

It's just not good enough and I'm seriously losing patience with him.

I've seen them push players forward when they're leading for a start.

So did we last year. We won more games by 2 or more goals than by just 1

I can't remember anyone other than Cissé having any shots at their goal. All our goals seem to come from inside the penalty area. If you don't shoot you don't score. Considering we have Gouffran, Cissé, Cabaye, Sissoko and later on Ben Arfa, it is criminal how little we test opposition keepers.

I'd be genuinely interested to know how much we practise shooting, finishing, crossing, anything that involves kicking the ball toward the opposition goal. If the "1 day in 5" attacking training is still the case then how much must it be that we actually practise that sort of thing? A couple of hours a week?

It shows. Never seen a team with such a rank final ball.

This result has left me feeling numb, this was supposed to be the game where we could watch a reaction to the derby defeat and it lasted 45 minutes.  We were humiliated last week and I expected more of a reaction and it just didn't happen for long enough.

But Pardew is delighted with today's reaction to the result last week, and the unfair criticism him and the team received.

I'd be genuinely interested to know how much we practise shooting, finishing, crossing, anything that involves kicking the ball toward the opposition goal. If the "1 day in 5" attacking training is still the case then how much must it be that we actually practise that sort of thing? A couple of hours a week?

It shows. Never seen a team with such a rank final ball.

I know we're not going to be able to get a top manager, but there's nothing to stop Ashley from getting one to do an assessment of the team, kind of like that dossier Mourinho did of us years back.

I'd imagine it'd be pretty scathing.

But Pardew is delighted with today's reaction to the result last week, and the unfair criticism him and the team received.

I really think he'll get massive stick next week if things don't go well against Liverpool.

Correctly identified what was going wrong at least, changing to 4-3-3 at half time.

Was fully expecting (as most on here surely were too) a second half in which we attempted to hold onto our slender lead, and then attempt to hold on to our point. We weren't great by any means in the first half, but we did look like we wanted it more than them. >Insert standard criticism about lack of attacking fluidity, movement and numbers in front of the ball here<. Sad thing is, that was pretty high up there as Pardew away performances go.

At least Debuchy's hair looked good.

:snod: Delighted with the improvement on this front, though.