WBA 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Dave

Our record when we score first is W8, D3 L4.

When we concede first it's W2, D2 L13.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsdga98UWx1qmkkm3.gif

She's looks like an alien sex toy.

I still would like.

I still would like.

I like my arse how it is thanks, one way.

I still would like.

I didn't mean you.  I meant her.

I still would like.

whats all this then?

I still would like.

whats all this then?

Re whats her name who has a ham suit.

I still would like.

:lol: so did I, for clarification purposes like  :lol:

I still would like.

:lol: so did I, for clarification purposes like  :lol:

:nods:

I guess a point is a welcome return from an away game but given how dominant we were in the first half, what was with the 2nd half surrender? The equalizer was coming as soon as the second half started, so christ knows what Pardew's game plan was?! The tide does seem be turning against him- poor tactics, poor football and poor results. Echoes of Glenn Roeder in 2006/07. As it is, I think we'll scrape enough points to stay up, but it will go right to the wire.

Nothing much to be positive or looking forwards to for us Mags at the moment, bar the end of the season and a break from the torment.

Any other time through the season, I'd be happy with a point, but after today it felt like a loss.  Second half was diabolical, lucky to save the point. 

Again it seemed like 'sit on this and dont let them score' tactics in the second half, so f***ing s***.

I honestly expected that second half, it always happens.. it's almost better for us to be 0-0 at half time. Does he not understand it's easier to hold onto a lead by holding onto the ball/attacking? than sitting back and inviting them to score.

I honestly expected that second half, it always happens.. it's almost better for us to be 0-0 at half time. Does he not understand it's easier to hold onto a lead by holding onto the ball/attacking? than sitting back and inviting them to score.

I genuinely believe that he feels that he has tinker somehow to justify his position as manager. if we win (scrape a draw) its down to his intuitive tactics and subs. If we lose he has his party line prepared and he tells himself more 'tinkering' needs to be done.

He comes from some bullshit school of thought where simplicity (attacking will have them on the back foot) in too simple so again he has to justify his position and authority because he can tinker and the result is the production of bullshit dossiers and micro-analysis of the other sides without a great deal of thought for our own basic processes like movement and passing. What results is a muddle of ideas that when it inevitably fails or is countered by some incisive thinking, is reduced to the basest anti-tactics that strangle expression and creativity.

It's bullshit and its a poison and lets just get somebody who has a positive approach to the potential successes of the last result, not somebody who focuses on the last few of our own and others with crippling levels of bullshit.

I genuinely believe that he feels that he has tinker somehow to justify his position as manager. if we win (scrape a draw) its down to his intuitive tactics and subs. If we lose he has his party line prepared and he tells himself more 'tinkering' needs to be done.

He comes from some bullshit school of thought where simplicity (attacking will have them on the back foot) in too simple so again he has to justify his position and authority because he can tinker and the result is the production of bullshit dossiers and micro-analysis of the other sides without a great deal of thought for our own basic processes like movement and passing. What results is a muddle of ideas that when it inevitably fails or is countered by some incisive thinking, is reduced to the basest anti-tactics that strangle expression and creativity.

It's bullshit and its a poison and lets just get somebody who has a positive approach to the potential successes of the last result, not somebody who focuses on the last few of our own and others with crippling levels of bullshit.

Astonishingly close to the truth. Honestly, we'd be better off with Terry Mac in charge because although he's clueless as well at least he'd know it and just let the players do their stuff.

west brom altered their tactics well at halftime.  radio comentator, reckoned shola comingon was to counter the height differnce at the corners??

guess he was expecting ben arfa to give us some counterattk, but sounds like he had a rather ave game.

Pardew didnt react well to the change in wba tactics....perhaps he realises his main striker is out of form, and so goes defensive....rather than conc on counter attk, away from home?

Guest strongbow69

west brom altered their tactics well at halftime.  radio comentator, reckoned shola comingon was to counter the height differnce at the corners??

guess he was expecting ben arfa to give us some counterattk, but sounds like he had a rather ave game.

Pardew didnt react well to the change in wba tactics....perhaps he realises his main striker is out of form, and so goes defensive....rather than conc on counter attk, away from home?

No excuse for gouffran off and haidara off, any defensive positive from shola is negated by jonas at lb

Just got back from the game, stating the obvious, very impressive first half, dreadful second.

Think it was more to do with WBA changing things and our lot having no idea how to counter it other than the 'famous' Plan B of putting Shola on and hoofing it. Desperate stuff. Some really cringeworthy stuff from some of our lot too. Some bloke behind me was cheering Lukaku on as he ran at Jonas, hoping that Lukaku would score so Pardew would see how crap Jonas is at full back. Lost count how many times Jonas and Elliott were called c**ts by our own fans. Bit pathetic really.