Questions to put to Pardew

bowlingcrofty

Considering the outstanding success that your move of bringing on Shola every time we lose a goal has brought to the team, are there any other similar tactical master-strokes we can look forward to on a regular basis next season?

Anyone going to post a question that might actually be asked?

Do you feel as if your approach to football suits the players we have? We play a percentage game based on keeping our shape above all else, and we have technical, attack minded players who could really punish teams if they were allowed.

I would like to know what his overall football philosophy is, if he has one. Ideally, what kind of football would he like to see us play?

(PS I doubt ones that are thinly-veiled abuse are going to get asked lads)

Good question. And the way in which he answers it would be as significant as what he says.

Beneath the apparent openness, he's a bit of a closed book.

Guest icemanblue

What do you do with Inochi's love letters?

Dearest Alan,

You've had a fucking shocker, lover. I've lost nearly all my faith in you, sweetness. I am disappointed with you and your efforts almost every week, my silver haired lothario. However, I don't think you're as bad as Hitler. Unfortunately, this is what passes for love in this cruel, modern world. Chin up.

Yours forever,

Inochi

x

Newcastle is a team renowned for attacking and entertaining football, though we have not recorded anything greater than a 3-goal victory with you in charge. Most of your games appear to be based on grinding out results. Do you plan to restore the fans' appetite by playing more enterprising football?

Newcastle have recorded nearly a hundred unique injuries this term. Is there any reason and way to avoid such "unfortunate" circumstances?

The Newcastle captaincy has been held by a handful of individuals this season. While it shows that many individuals are capable of wearing the armband, we feel that the lack of a definite leader has left the squad devoid of inspiration in some games. Who would you hand the armband to next season, and would it stay with him?

You have used a 4-2-3-1 formation for most of 2013. Despite a promising start, we believe that teams are learning to deal with the team shape, and results have dipped. Do you plan to add more adventure into the tactics to make things more difficult for the opposition next season?

Why is Cabaye playing so deep, almost like a defender, when his passing and vision could perhaps be better utilized further up the pitch?

Cisse has been isolated in most games I've been seeing recently. Are there any plans to improve the service?

Would you experiment on placing Davide Santon in a more advanced position than fullback to utilize his attacking talent and minimize the lapses in defense he costs us with?

Our corner and set piece routine is so predictable. It feels as if I'd rather take a goal kick or throw in over a free kick or corner given how poor we are in that aspect. How do you plan to change this?

As a foreign Toon fan who stays up till 2AM every weekend to watch Newcastle United, do you have any words to encourage me to stay up to watch dull and boring football?

Dearest Alan,

You've had a f***ing shocker, lover. I've lost nearly all my faith in you, sweetness. I am disappointed with you and your efforts almost every week, my silver haired lothario. However, I don't think you're as bad as Hitler. Unfortunately, this is what passes for love in this cruel, modern world. Chin up.

Yours forever,

Inochi

x

:lol: well played

Dearest Alan,

You've had a fucking shocker, lover. I've lost nearly all my faith in you, sweetness. I am disappointed with you and your efforts almost every week, my silver haired lothario. However, I don't think you're as bad as Hitler. Unfortunately, this is what passes for love in this cruel, modern world. Chin up.

Yours forever,

Inochi

x

Quality that. :D

Dearest Alan,

Yours forever,

Inochi

x

Quality that. :D

and from the heart  :rose:

Why, having seemingly implemented a very effective, fluid and dominant formation last season; did you abandon it on the back of one negative result, pander to Demba Ba and revert to a less effective 4-4-2; only to then try and re-install the same system with less effective players and better players playing in less suitable positions (Cabaye)?

On what evidence do you base your belief that Shola Ameobi can change a result for the positive? On the back of this season, would you concede that his contributions of little to nothing outweigh any positive ones?

Why, after seemingly recognising that Jonas had lost a yard of pace by putting him in as a second defensive-minded midfielder last year, did you re-instate him as a winger? Why then further do you believe he is a competent left back?

Why, whenever we go 1-0 up, do you revert to 11 men behind the ball?

Why are you unwilling to impose our style of football and attacking play on other teams? Why don't we even have a style of play? Why do our tactics revolve around worrying about what the opposition do, trying to contain it and nicking a goal through one of our better players?

Given the catastrophic failure that this season has represented, why do you honestly believe that you have the credentials to take Newcastle United forward?

Guest firetotheworks

I don't even know where to begin with questions.

1. Do you believe that mentioning tiredness before matches has a negative psychological effect on players and gives them a ready-made excuse for before putting in poor performances?

2. Last season is often cited by you in comparison to this one in terms of injuries and extra games. Last season we deservedly finished 5th, you won manager of the year. If that season is more indicative of your talent, why this season did we never once play the forward three of Ben Arfa ® Cisse © Ba (L) with Cabaye in more attacking role when they were all fit and it had worked so well last season? Injuries were not a factor here.

3. We are the number one long ball team in the league. Is this a conscious decision by you and do you think it suits our players?

4. Why do you cite Europe and injuries as a problem yet play fringe players in Europe and regularly substitute Gouffran (a player ineligible for our European games), who will be fresher, generally performs well and works extremely hard?

5. You regularly mention shape when it comes to how we need to play yet we have a very poor defensive record and it has seemed much more apparent right from the start of the season that when we have the ball we have a fundamental problem with movement and support play. What's your take on that?

6. Why do you continue to rely upon Shola Ameobi in order to change a game? We have more experience of him than most and this very, very rarely happens. We've heard for the last 10 years that he's invincible in training, it means nothing.

7. Rather than saying that our fitness needs to be looked at, what actual action is being taken?

8. Why do we look to contain lesser teams and allow them to impose their style on us whilst we look for 'moments' or just relying on the quality of our players rather than imposing our style upon them and having faith in the quality of an attacking approach? There are meant to be no easy games in this league, yet we seem to forget that we are a part of that rule and make things easier for the opposition by just accepting it.

I'll think of more later.

Also; why, instead of moaning about injuries, have you not developed a tactical system that our entire squad understands and carries out, to the extent that replacements (injuries and bans are inevitable, albeit not as frequent as this year) can step in and do a competent job?

Also; why, instead of moaning about injuries, have you not developed a tactical system that our entire squad understands and carries out, to the extent that replacements (injuries and bans are inevitable, albeit not as frequent as this year) can step in and do a competent job?

:thup: Best one yet.

Where or what is 'Dunston'?

He might know the answer to that :thup:

Genuinely mate, f*** off. You're so tedious its unreal. it seems your sole aim on the board is to be a patronising antagonising  c***. Congratulations you've succeeded admirably.

If you want to have a dig at me PM me.

To put it simply you're a monumental bell end

Language, language. They surely don't let you get away with that sort of stuff in GCSE geography class, do they?

Looks like someone can't laugh at themselves...