Alan Pardew

Mike

Had arguments with people in the ground trying to defend him. Think I'm losing the plot over this, it's a fucking cult of personality.

There was nearly a fight broke out right in front of me after the third goal. One old bloke going fucking spare and everyone else turning on him.

To both of you - what are defenders of him saying at this stage?

I am not looking forward to going to West Ham, I might see if I can sell the ticket. :lol:

One thing that's just dawned on me is this: people always go on about this idea that a good manager wouldn't come near us, I don't agree with that in any case but I'll put that aside for a moment.  I think a good manager with something to prove would be fucking dying to come and work here, regardless of the stature of the club etc, for the simple reason that they'll look at the squad and think "Fuck me, I'll be able to raise standards with that set of players immeasurably with no bother at all".

We're unfortunately again at the stage where we're waiting helplessly on the whims of an enigmatic and eccentric owner to see what the craic is.  If we don't make a change then we're obviously going nowhere, and that's the best case scenario.  Worst case scenario is we go down this year, next worst is that we're fucked early doors next year.  I think you'd have to be utterly insane to think we can achieve anything now if we carry on with this lark.

I didn't hear what was said but it was a young lass who complained first so it might just have been the bloke's language. She's lucky she doesn't sit in front of me tbh, the air has been blue in that area for a long time.

The players emphatically gave up on him today and Llambias now knows that. We all do. The anti-Pardew minority has now become the overwhelming majority but I fear that 3 games left is too late.

Including at the ground though? That counts for a lot more than any online protest tbh.

Had arguments with people in the ground trying to defend him. Think I'm losing the plot over this, it's a fucking cult of personality.

What were they saying?

Basically saying that none of it can be attributed to him, players are gutless, board haven't backed him and Europe has taken its toll. Just totally flabbergasting.

Seriously?

I'm always a bit loath to criticise fans who go to all the home games (like my dad, mates, etc) when I only go to a handful of (usually away) games each season.

However, I'm astonished at that.  I can only put it down to people being taken in by his personality and his bullshit, but that isn't any less disappointing.  We, as a group of supporters, should be able to see through that shite.  He's using every excuse in the book and people are swallowing it, thankfully my dad's not one of them or else we'd end up having a proper falling out. :lol:

Guest Dontooner

Thought the game was lost with the line up, the pundits were right , we either defend too deep and leave a single man upfront or go Gung ho on attack. The most balance team normally wins the game. The last min goal at fulham could be the single most important goal of the season...

Please sack this mother fucker , things will definitely get better with no manager around.

The players emphatically gave up on him today and Llambias now knows that. We all do. The anti-Pardew minority has now become the overwhelming majority but I fear that 3 games left is too late.

Won't make a difference but they gave up on us too not just the clueless cunt, its was just horrific from start until I walked out at.

The starting 11 was a disgrace, his lack of idea on how to get us back into it was a disgrace, but the best way for the players to give up on him is to ignore him and do it there way not just to fucking give up.

I totally agree, but they're still professionals. That wasn't professional today. I wouldn't expect that even if we didn't have a manager at all.

They are professionals, the problem is that they are normal humans and they are affected by the same things as all of us.  The team selection screwed us and we had no chance once we went a goal behind so early.  Pardew should have made changes within the first 5 minutes and he didn’t.  He’s let us all down, the club, the players and the fans.

"Sometimes you can get dragged down in a spiral of negativity , I think that's what happened today"

First of all, he got some fucking nerves! And second where does he think all this negative shit stems from???

Ah mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :lol:

Did he actually fucking say that?

I recon one win will save us and the impetus of a quality manager is enough to get that win.

"Sometimes you can get dragged down in a spiral of negativity , I think that's what happened today"

First of all, he got some fucking nerves! And second where does he think all this negative shit stems from???

:lol: Got another one to add to your sig.

Could genuinely make a fucking book out of his excuses.

I totally agree, but they're still professionals. That wasn't professional today. I wouldn't expect that even if we didn't have a manager at all.

They are professionals, the problem is that they are normal humans and they are affected by the same things as all of us.  The team selection screwed us and we had no chance once we went a goal behind so early.  Pardew should have made changes within the first 5 minutes and he didn’t.  He’s let us all down, the club, the players and the fans.

I agree with both of you.  You know my feelings on Pardew but the players weren't good enough in their general application today, at all.  They're clearly fucking fed up but they owe it to the fans they profess to loving when it suits them to put in a better shift than that, even if they are operating under idiotic instructions.

First of all, he got some f***ing nerves! And second where does he think all this negative s*** stems from???

Did he actually f***ing say that?

Heard it on the radio like 15 mins ago I shit you not.

Guest Armchair Pundit

No, we didn't strengthen the squad last summer. Yes, we've had the extra games from the Europa. Yes, we've had some injuries this season. BUT... why has Pardew insisted on playing different tactics to the ones that worked last season? Taking everything else in to account, including the fact we strengthened in January with plenty of time left in this season to achieve a safe mid-table position what has the manager been playing at? He just seems to have gone from an enthusiastic, upcoming leader to a half-arsed, clueless muppet.

He's now favourite on Skybet to be the next Prem manager to leave at 7/2 - I just opened an account and used the free £10 bet on him going, £35 may make me feel a little better... not much mind  :sad:

Won't make a difference but they gave up on us too not just the clueless c***, its was just horrific from start until I walked out at.

The starting 11 was a disgrace, his lack of idea on how to get us back into it was a disgrace, but the best way for the players to give up on him is to ignore him and do it there way not just to f***ing give up.

If your boss at work tells you you're going to fail then that's what you'll do, he's de-motivating the players and the effect of that is plain to see.

Really don't know how anybody can defend him.

It's driving me crazy, nearly as much as Pardew himself is.

People on here mock and bash Pardew for his godawful excuse making and constant attempts to pour cold water on expectations with depressing negativity - but the fact is for the majority it seems to be working. People have lapped up the Europe, injuries etc excuses. A successful brainwashing campaign has given a shite manager untouchable status amongst a large section of the fanbase.

Fucking unreal. If blindly backing the manager as he guides us towards relegation is the virtues of the level-headed matchgoing fan then I think I'd rather be with the social media mentalists who want the cunt gone.

:lol: Got another one to add to your sig.

Could genuinely make a fucking book out of his excuses.

And not a very good book.  Certainly not Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab, which actually improves with every read.

First of all, he got some f***ing nerves! And second where does he think all this negative s*** stems from???

Did he actually f***ing say that?

Heard it on the radio like 15 mins ago I s*** you not.

That's fucking infuriating, he has sent us out negatively the whole fucking season.

Really don't know how anybody can defend him.

It's driving me crazy, nearly as much as Pardew himself is.

People on here mock and bash Pardew for his godawful excuse making and constant attempts to pour cold water on expectations with depressing negativity - but the fact is for the majority it seems to be working. People have lapped up the Europe, injuries etc excuses. A successful brainwashing campaign has given a shite manager untouchable status amongst a large section of the fanbase.

Fucking unreal. If blindly backing the manager as he guides us towards relegation is the virtues of the level-headed matchgoing fan then I think I'd rather be with the social media mentalists who want the cunt gone.

As I said earlier - tell a lie often enough and people start to believe it.

By constantly peddling these excuses, a lot of it is sticking. Brainwashing, like you said :thup:

Well the players were really gutless today, and the board didn't back him in the summer when arguably it's most important. The rest is total bollocks of course.

It was hardly surprising that the players were gutless today, the team selection was gutless and everything Pardew utters to the press is gutless.  He's leading and they are following.

I agree with this.

They played like they were already on holiday due to spurs late equaliser.

Team set up might have been negative with both Tiote and Perch but we still waved the white flag.

Bingo. He's done. Once you lose the players then you may as well resign as the position is irretrievable. 

Sooner rather than later please as we still need another result and we're not going to get it with this gutless cunt in charge.

Today has finished him for me with that starting 11 in a must win game,  still can't understand how he can send out such a negative lineup in a game that we need to win or at least get a point.  In fact no NUFC manager should ever be setting up a NUFC team that negative and with the aim of getting a point in ANY home game.

While i have not exactly been 100% pro Pardew i had been against the anti Pardew brigade who have been wanting him out for weeks/months, mainly cos i wasn't sure that i could see an alternative that Ashley/Llambias would bring in who would be better.  I still can't see him being sacked with only 3 games left and will stick to my original opinion that he will have 10-12 games to save his NUFC career at the beginning of the season,  start well and be in the top 8 and Ashley will keep faith,  get a bad start and Ashley will get rid.