Alan Pardew

Mike

Im free from work today and tomorrow, but im still stupidly going to waste my time online waiting for something that wont happen. Might as well head to the train station and wait for Adriana Lima........

I wonder what he is telling them now.

"Right lads we need to tighten up and defend, defend, defend in next game. I clearly picked to many attackers. Willo, Simmo your up for next one, gonna deploy you in midfield roles to keep it tight, you have the right mentality for this. Remember if in doubt just hoof it, Cisse will get on them and if not we always have Shola to smash it up to"

Apologies if already discussed but from .com:

'Saturday's implosion meant that with three games still to play, this Magpies defence are now officially the leakiest ever to have served the club in the Premier League'

Incredible. Think back to some of the players we have had at the back and to now, astounding.

Apologies if already discussed but from .com:

'Saturday's implosion meant that with three games still to play, this Magpies defence are now officially the leakiest ever to have served the club in the Premier League'

Incredible. Think back to some of the players we have had at the back and to now, astounding.

It's even more incredible when you think how good we were last season defensively in comparison. That's a side stuck with Danny Simpson in it for 90% of the time too.

There just seems to be total and utter confusion in respect of shape, system and game plan. That's why I can't point the finger too much at Ashley on this one.

We went deep into the Champions League with much worse personnel than this at the back. We also wrote off quite a few very competent CBs during our worst defensive crisis periods. It's all about team shape and decision making, we can cope with someone like Simpson in the team if the unit is functioning.

Guest neesy111

The whole team at the moment is lacking tactical discipline at the moment as we haven't looked like a unit all season in the league.

The whole team at the moment is lacking tactical discipline at the moment as we haven't looked like a unit all season in the league.

I'd argue we weren't all that 'joined up/in-sync' last year. We obviosuly had the advantage of new players hitting the ground running & being relatively unknown.

I can't remember that many great 'team' performances. I sure as hell can't recall any form of system, style or approach to which everyone has become indoctrinated since the appointment of AP.

Leads me to think................Which players have actually improved under Pardew? Genuine question because, off the top of my head, I can't think of one.

We went deep into the Champions League with much worse personnel than this at the back. We also wrote off quite a few very competent CBs during our worst defensive crisis periods. It's all about team shape and decision making, we can cope with someone like Simpson in the team if the unit is functioning.

That's the key, our best (and results proved it) back four for some good long time was Raylor, Colo, Saylor and Simpson. Back fours are often greater than the sum of their parts.

On Pardew, he's not getting sacked before the end of the season (if then) IMO, even though his position is untenable, in reality, after the last two home games. Whitley Bay likely wouldn't have got beaten 6-0 by Liverpool on Sunday.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/04/29/fans-giving-pardew-the-thumbs-down-61634-33251816/#.UX433RjZj7s.twitter

The vast majority of Newcastle fans were rather hoping Mike Ashley would give his manager the thumbs-down Roman Emperor-style either later that night or sometime yesterday.

Sunday is Ashley’s preferred day to make big decisions for Newcastle United.

It was on the Sabbath when he decided to sack Sam Allardyce and also when the club owner opted, whether on a whim or not, to try to bring Andy Carroll back on loan.

He’s not really one for leaving it until the Monday so those involved can at least enjoy their weekend.

To save himself, Pardew needs to do the following: win two of the last three games, genuinely strengthen the squad this summer and start the 2013-14 campaign well.

By that I mean taking points from Arsenal, Tottenham and the like, not giving Doncaster a game.

Ashley did make another major Sunday decision.

He didn’t sack Pardew when it would have been easy enough for him do so, a real crowd-pleaser if you will.

The club could have issued a statement saying something had to be done and put John Carver and Steve Stone in charge, perhaps giving Peter Beardsley a more prominent role.

Ashley, however, kept faith with his man and maybe that’s because he’s never been a crowd-pleaser. That might be the only thing saving Pardew right now.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/04/29/fans-giving-pardew-the-thumbs-down-61634-33251816/#.UX433RjZj7s.twitter

The vast majority of Newcastle fans were rather hoping Mike Ashley would give his manager the thumbs-down Roman Emperor-style either later that night or sometime yesterday.

It was on the Sabbath when he decided to sack Sam Allardyce and also when the club owner opted, whether on a whim or not, to try to bring Andy Carroll back on loan.

He’s not really one for leaving it until the Monday so those involved can at least enjoy their weekend.

To save himself, Pardew needs to do the following: win two of the last three games, genuinely strengthen the squad this summer and start the 2013-14 campaign well.

By that I mean taking points from Arsenal, Tottenham and the like, not giving Doncaster a game.

He didn’t sack Pardew when it would have been easy enough for him do so, a real crowd-pleaser if you will.

The club could have issued a statement saying something had to be done and put John Carver and Steve Stone in charge, perhaps giving Peter Beardsley a more prominent role.

Ashley, however, kept faith with his man and maybe that’s because he’s never been a crowd-pleaser. That might be the only thing saving Pardew right now.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b2028892bf3f0a6f35093d3854969543/tumblr_mgle29YzAF1s2sn7wo1_250.gif

Ashley, however, kept faith with his man and maybe that’s because he’s never been a crowd-pleaser. That might be the only thing saving Pardew right now.[/quote]

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b2028892bf3f0a6f35093d3854969543/tumblr_mgle29YzAF1s2sn7wo1_250.gif

Aye but the one thing he is more of than a non crowd-pleaser is a hard-headed business man and I'm sure he doesn't need his accountant to do the maths over the possibility of relegation. 

Guest Armchair Pundit

I seem to remember needing points against a relegation team (Nottingham Forest) in an important season for us and they ended up drawing against us even though they were already down - I can see us losing against against QPR. It's surely got to be the most vital 'must win' game for us, I really can't see Pardew influencing it either way however and that's the most worrying thing.