Alan Pardew

Mike

Aye but the one thing he is more of than a non crowd-pleaser is a hard-headed business man and I'm sure he doesn't need his accountant to do the maths over the possibility of relegation. 

Aye, it's not about crowd pleasing ffs, it's about doing the right thing.

There is no other option.

I seem to remember needing points against a relegation team (Nottingham Forest) in an important season for us and they ended up drawing against us even though they were already down - I can see us losing against against QPR. It's surely got to be the most vital 'must win' game for us, I really can't see Pardew influencing it either way however and that's the most worrying thing.

Harry and Remy will love doing us.

Guest Roger Kint

I seem to remember needing points against a relegation team (Nottingham Forest) in an important season for us and they ended up drawing against us even though they were already down - I can see us losing against against QPR. It's surely got to be the most vital 'must win' game for us, I really can't see Pardew influencing it either way however and that's the most worrying thing.

Forest finished 9th that year.

If Stoke can win their must win game away at QPR then we surely can. If not then we deserve to go down. Still though shitting myself just thinking about it.

It's probably too late to sack Pardew before the end of the season now anyway. Even if you believe he should be sacked, I can't see any uplift in form coming with putting Stone and Carver in charge for the last three games.

Not so sure myself, at least if it was Carver/Stone, I highly doubt we'd see the negative shitty approach to the final few games.  We have to go for it in these games, there's no other way to pick up 3 points, with Pardew we know what we're going to serve up, and more importantly so does the opposition.

It's probably too late to sack Pardew before the end of the season now anyway. Even if you believe he should be sacked, I can't see any uplift in form coming with putting Stone and Carver in charge for the last three games.

I can. At the moment Pardew is not a neutral presence, he's having a visbly negative effect. Sacking him might give the players the uplift required to get us out of the s***. We are heading one way. That 6-0 was as clear an indication as anyone could possibly want that he's lost the dressing room.

Spot on. "Just keep him, we might as well". So annoingly stupid. I've seen many on twitter with that attitude too. Does my head in.

The fans, as well as the players would get an uplift. We'd be able to concentrate on supporting the team, instead of thinking about that fraud in charge.

I can. At the moment Pardew is not a neutral presence, he's having a visbly negative effect. Sacking him might give the players the uplift required to get us out of the s***. We are heading one way. That 6-0 was as clear an indication as anyone could possibly want that he's lost the dressing room.

The only uplift in morale we can get from Pardew staying is him offering to resign once we are safe. That won't happen though.

I think that team without Pardews negative influence could go out and beat QPR, with him playing for a point we'll get done.

We should be aiming for 3 wins from last 3 games, negativity won't get us anywhere imo.

Without a doubt, but with Pardew in charge you can't see anything but a negative line up.  I'm 99.999999% certain that we'll be seeing Shola, Perch, Jonas and maybe even Harper starting this weekend at the expense of any creativity in the team.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Reading some of the comments made on the stories on the Sky Sports website worries me shitless about the amount of numpties out there that allegedly support our team - good god, there's even someone that's convinced we can't sack Pardew due to giving him the 8 year contract last year, that and how they're fed up with the management roulette that we play. Got to be a wind-up surely? If this mythical 8 year contract doesn't have caveats and clauses in it to allow Ashley to ditch Pardew for as little as possible I'd eat my hat! ANd I don't think anyone could say we chop and change managers any more than any other team.

I can see apathy creeping in to some Toon fans already, I hope a lot of them are WUMs, otherwise THAT is worrying.  :sad: