Alan Pardew

Mike

It all of a sudden feels like the relegation season. Where you're looking at every fixture and thinking the worst. I remember feeling absolutely knackered and drained for the last month of the season, then almost a weird sense of relief at relegation as it was over. I really think we can go down now looking at Wigan's fixtures, especially if Villa can get themselves safe before last day. They could easily beat WBA, Swansea and Villa.

Guest Dontooner

Wigan winning 3 of their last 4 :lol: They're worse than us man.

Why the ego?? really can't see where all the confidence is from.

Why the ego?? really can't see where all the confidence is from.

I'm not confident. I'm just not going to start throwing ridiculous comments out for the sake of negativity.

Wigan are still 5 points off us. They haven't shown form all season and there's nothing to suggest that they will now.

Guest Dontooner

If they win their next and we loose ours? We are that close to a panic attack...Not unrealistic at all.

I'm not confident. I'm just not going to start throwing ridiculous comments out for the sake of negativity.

Wigan are still 5 points off us. They haven't shown form all season and there's nothing to suggest that they will now.

Wigan have been in this position for the last 4 seasons, did it matter to them then that they were behind teams? 

Wigan have been in this position for the last 4 seasons, did it matter to them then that they were behind teams? 

We finished 5th last season. The past means nowt in the here and now.

I wouldn't discount Wigan just yet. Our shambolic performances in the last few weeks have given other teams a massive charge of hope.

Wigan will know how badly we're rocking and shitting it, thats my worry. It's between us and them really unless Sunderland do a Toon and lose to Stoke at home

West Brom and Swansea have nothing to play for. Look how bad West Brom were last week before we tried to sit back. If Villa are safe, you really think they're going to go to Wigan on the last day and win?

They might be 'worse than us', but they're playing far better than us. The cowardly holding on for a point at West Brom could come back to haunt us.

Wigan have experience of this situation, it happens most seasons for them. They have a knack of turning up when the pressure is really on. Their manager knows how to get them motivated and set up in a way that produces good football which normally wins out. Compare that to us.

Our players will no doubt be thinking of where they move next.

Guest Dontooner

Fuck the 5th place position we are 17th now, spiraling down wards...

History says Wigan finishes strong

History also says Pardew's second season can bring you down.

They are.

We can play this all night, they aren't.  They're playing better football than we are and have better current form.  IF we are relying on them giving up because of a cup final then we're in trouble because no team is going to prioritise the FA Cup over league status.