Alan Pardew

Mike

Pardew is going to break eventually. His ego is, more than likely, going to lead him to walk...

There's no saying how this will pan out. But if I were AP I would not walk because I would back myself to win any sort of PR victory over JFK. FFS you can win that particular contest by saying nothing and letting JFK destroy himself every time he opens his mouth. Also I would back myself to stand the pressure better than JFK can, he would be more likely to crack before AP. Plus if Ashley wants rid then I would want a simple full payout without having to go through the complexities of walking and then needing to launch a constructive dismissal claim to get what's due. 

Pardew is going to break eventually. His ego is, more than likely, going to lead him to walk...

I'm not sure he will, I think he was grateful to get a premier league job and is happy to keep a hold of it for next few years. He was truly shocking as a manager last season and don't really want him to go into next season but the alternative - well who knows Big Joe or someone that the fibmeister himself finds. To horrific to think about

There might not be a reason to walk yet, it depends. Obviously this is likely to make his job harder, but it could just be that he swaps debating with Llambias to debating with Kinnear. The latter is obviously more of a nightmare, but he still is the manager. Possibly.

I'm not sure he will, I think he was grateful to get a premier league job and is happy to keep a hold of it for next few years. He was truly shocking as a manager last season and don't really want him to go into next season but the alternative - well who knows Big Joe or someone that the fibmeister himself finds. To horrific to think about

He knows he is in a no win position, was always the case after last season. Ashley has him by the balls. No chance he will give up the role, he is never getting a job bigger than this one. Ego or not he will dig his claws in to stay and make it work. Maybe.. and its a slim chance it will make him reassess his tactics and knuckle down to improve himself, thereby improving our team...

....don't hold your breath though, Gerry Francis and Glen Hoddle are waiting in the wings.

Since he arrived, when he truly was grateful for the job, he's lead us to a top 5 finish and won the Premier League Manager of the Year award. That leaves last season but he can explain that away as he has done as down to a lack of investment, the Europa League, injuries etc. and the current farce would almost certainly act as a shield from any further criticism should we start this season in piss awful fashion as we finished last.

If Pardew walked now he'd get another job in the Premier League. Would it be at a bigger club? No. But he'd get one and he'd get one quite easily IMO.

He knows he is in a no win position, was always the case after last season. Ashley has him by the balls. No chance he will give up the role, he is never getting a job bigger than this one. Ego or not he will dig his claws in to stay and make it work. Maybe.. and its a slim chance it will make him reassess his tactics and knuckle down to improve himself, thereby improving our team...

....don't hold your breath though, Gerry Francis and Glen Hoddle are waiting in the wings.

......I'd take Hoddle............ (compared to Francis Pearce or worse yet Kinnear himself)

Who knows his reasons?  Could really be as simple as Ashley hiring a mate.

For such an influential roll though? He could have hoyed him in a Sports Direct if he was wanting to offer him a favour. To have such control over matters makes it look as odd as it is.

Let not forget Terence Vegetables is still around.. heavily linked before Kinnear took over. Think that was the first sign of us fans breaking.. remember lots of people actually considering Glen Hoddle when it was Venables, O'Leary or him.. bloody grim.

Someone needs to burn Ashleys Panini sticker albums from the 80's, might bring us forward a bit.

I still can't imagine JFK keeping his industrial size gob shut long enough for AP to get on with the job.

The media obviously have his number, he clearly rates himself highly and enjoys the buzz of the joust.

It's all the ingredients you need for carnage.

Wouldn't actually mind Glenn Hoddle - if we must go for 90's appointments as seems MA's forte. His teams do play good football at least. The last time I enjoyed watching England was WC 1998 and the Hoddle Era, really. 

Let not forget Terence Vegetables is still around.. heavily linked before Kinnear took over. Think that was the first sign of us fans breaking.. remember lots of people actually considering Glen Hoddle when it was Venables, O'Leary or him.. bloody grim.

Someone needs to burn Ashleys Panini sticker albums from the 80's, might bring us forward a bit.

Never thought I'd say that if Pardew does go I hope Ashley's still got Redknapp's number.

Guest hobshobs

I don't think JFK will ever be our manager again, mainly due to his coronary issues, but he almost certainly has the remit to find one.

absolutely this, and I disagree that Kinnear can appoint the next manager, that's ashleys remit no one else. I sincerely hope pardew goes and someone of some sort of calibre is appointed but this is nufc

who of any calibre or common sense will want to work directly under uncle joe.

What have we got now though?

someone we got to 5th with

I now back Pardew, as I dread what would happen if he goes

Exactly what Ashley wanted when he brought Kinnear on board.

Nothing suggests this is the reason.

Nothing suggests it isn't.

Never thought I'd say that if Pardew does go I hope Ashley's still got Redknapp's number.

I'd say that is a step too far but we are talking about bloody Glen Hoddle and John Gregory here.. where does it end.. Ron Atkinson must be rubbing his hands together.. one person that can upset our squad more than Joe.

Guest hobshobs

If this week is anything to go by, his next call will be to Dennis Wise.

I don't think JFK will ever be our manager again, mainly due to his coronary issues, but he almost certainly has the remit to find one.

absolutely this, and I disagree that Kinnear can appoint the next manager, that's ashleys remit no one else. I sincerely hope pardew goes and someone of some sort of calibre is appointed but this is nufc

True, but to speak with authority about it is asinine.  You sound like a proponent of intelligent design.  Can see where Ian W is coming from.  All rampant speculation right now.

Guest hobshobs

True, but to speak with authority about it is asinine.  You sound like a proponent of intelligent design.  Can see where Ian W is coming from.  All rampant speculation right now.

I think you need to take a step back and maybe take things a little less seriously. This is a forum and it's all about opinions. The only person who can possibly comment with any authority would be Mike Ashley. Pour a drink and chill.