Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest hobshobs

After last year’s dreadful season, the pressure has shifted away from Pardew and on to Kinnear. Ashley’s master plan?

Whats He said? can anyone give a quick breakdown because I can't get it on my phone

Didn't sound too thrilled. Stated that he'll manage on his own but will take Joe's advice as it comes. Thinks Joe needs to convince MA to invest in the club. Pointed out Joe's apologized for stuff and tried to downplay the worry over Joe.

Acknowledged Joe's not a 1 for 1 replacement for Lambeezy; sounds like Lee Charnley's duties may increase to compensate.

Transfers will happen largely as they once did with Carr recommending targets, AP recommending targets and now Joe's involved to some extent. . No names, but said we were thick in some areas and would need to move some players on.

Has had good and bad experiences with DOF.

Some of things Joe said he has apologised for. There is a certain respect needed

Basically said he's the boss, his own man will manage the team.

Joe is here for transfers

Squad is "thick in places"

WE hope to get transfers over the line  :lol:

Predictable really.

Whats He said? can anyone give a quick breakdown because I can't get it on my phone

Didn't sound too thrilled. Stated that he'll manage on his own but will take Joe's advice as it comes. Thinks Joe needs to convince MA to invest in the club. Pointed out Joe's apologized for stuff and tried to downplay the worry over Joe.

Acknowledged Joe's not a 1 for 1 replacement for Lambeezy; sounds like Lee Charnley's duties may increase to compensate.

Transfers will happen largely as they once did with Carr recommending targets, AP recommending targets and now Joe's involved to some extent. . No names, but said we were thick in some areas and would need to move some players on.

Thanks. Still no reason to believe it's not a massive accident waiting to happen.

@nufcfans: On transfers, AP and Carr comes up with suggestions, Joe gets them, Joe presents it to MA. Joe also needs to persuade MA financially. #NUFC

@lee_ryder: AP on transfers: "GC comes up with suggestions, I come up with suggestions, we present it to Joe and he presents it up for the owner" #nufc

@lee_ryder: AP on JK: "I've had good experiences and bad experiences of DoF. I'm open minded." #nufc

@lee_ryder: AP on players: "Some of things Joe said he has apologised for. There is a certain respect needed." #nufc

@lee_ryder: AP on JK: "We hope to get some transfers over the line." #nufc

We actually did have quite a few players who were either surplus to requirements or not good enough to be missed. Simmo, Perch, Gosling, Abeid etc have all been shifted and we've trimmed the squad a fair bit in terms of numbers. What we need is couple of real quality additions, particularly forwards.

Shola is another one who is ripe for a trim, but sadly we can't afford to do that until we know we can sign another couple of forwards.

I'm not filled with confidence when he describes his and JFK's roles over transfers mind you. Imagine Joe being the only one who speaks to Ashley about players! I guess the alternative is now Pards, so it's a lose-lose situation. Let's just hope they back Carr as much as possible.

'the squad is a little thick in places'???

Can't thick of one area which was thick enough last season. Certainly no area was thick enough for you not to blame youngsters/squad depth instead of admitting to be an awful manager.

It's still utterly staggering to me that he almost got us relegated last season. Incompetence to a scary degree

Were it not for Jose Boswinga, we'd have been relegated imo. I still can't believe that Pardew's "attacking" gameplan for beating a relegated QPR was to send Mike Williamson up front for all free kicks, including those in our own area. Plus an even bigger bucketload of Pardew's trademark hoofed percentage balls into the box. Shocking gameplan from a woeful manager that should have sent us down.

Good to hear him showing some strength rather than simply backing the appointment. Hopefully both of them fighting to define their roles fires us to more positives results than negatives. Fingers cossed.

You, I and just about everyone knows it'll be a fucking disaster. Pardews fucking shite and JFK isn't going to make it any better.

Good to hear him showing some strength rather than simply backing the appointment. Hopefully both of them fighting to define their roles fires us to more positives results than negatives. Fingers cossed.

You, I and just about everyone knows it'll be a fucking disaster. Pardews fucking shite and JFK isn't going to make it any better.

Yeah, the chances are high.

But still, it's lovely and sunny.