Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

I hope he gets beaten up tbh.

:rolleyes: get a life man.

I have one thanks, don't need pretentious posters reminding me thanks.

So as it stands :

Gone/cant be selected : Harper, Simpson, Xisco, Perch, Tavernier, Abeid, Ferguson.

Can be selected : Kemen (not really as he's about 5 years old).

Think of that money saved.

How many of those actually contributed anything meaningful to the squad though? Also slightly silly to ignore all the people who came in in January.

Do not buy this one bit. Regardless of signings made in January or any previous transfer window, the squad needs strengthening now; January's been and gone and we're still short. You may as well mention signings like Krul that were made years ago, by that logic. Also, those January signings should have been made in the summer but we dallied around trying to drive the bargain, losing points as a result and almost being relegated.

I think what Ian is saying if Debuchy, Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gouffran and maybe even Haidara signed last summer would the players have been sold like Perch, Simpson etc etc played anywhere near as much?

We need players yes and everyone knows that but i think its a good point.

I'm really not bothered about the players we have let go, but i am bothered about the players we haven't signed.

I think what Ian is saying if Debuchy, Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gouffran and maybe even Haidara signed last summer would the players have been sold like Perch, Simpson etc etc played anywhere near as much?

:no: I'm sure that wasn't the point he was making all these weeks but rather the reiterated 'if we had made those January signings this summer, you people wouldn't have complained that much'.

Which is flawed thinking, as Yorkie pointed out.

It's nothing to do with people complaining or not complaining, I couldn't care less about that.

As Mole says, I was just saying that the squad is stronger than the players we have moved out would suggest... because of the players we added in January. I know it's a valid point but I don't expect anyone to agree.

It's nothing to do with people complaining or not complaining, I couldn't care less about that.

As Mole says, I was just saying that the squad is stronger than the players we have moved out would suggest... because of the players we added in January. I know it's a valid point but I don't expect anyone to agree.

Oh yes you clearly do. :lol:

And I refer you to the more valid point Yorkie had made.

Well, I wish people wouldn't whinge so much and exaggerate the negatives, but that's a general point rather than specifically about this!

I accept Yorkie's point that the squad still needs strengthening, that's clear. But I maintain that the January signings will help more than anyone is admitting at the moment. As I said though, I don't expect agreement.

I agree in a way Ian (shock) the players were thrown in at the deep end in January and had never played in the EPL and although most did a respectable job, were clearly off the pace. We do need new signings, most notably striker and winger, but think that we'll also be stronger due to our January signings having experienced the league and having benefited from a full preseason.

Guest bimpy474

We could be a very good passing team, pleasing on the eye with a good goal threat. It needs Pardew to man up and let the team play. It's not beyond the realms of fantasy i suppose.

That's the key to the whole puzzle really, the right or wrong manager can make an amazing team play shit or an average team play like world beaters. He's talking the talk about how we play this season, but I'll reserve judgement until a few games into the season.

We could be a very good passing team, pleasing on the eye with a good goal threat. It needs Pardew to man up and let the team play. It's not beyond the realms of fantasy i suppose.

It's not just about Pardew sitting back and letting the team play, he needs to help structure them and work on it. I'm not expecting a vast difference, but it seems they have been giving it a go.

Anita - "I can’t wait to show the fans what we have been working on and where we are. We have played good football in training and we want to show it in the Premier League."

It's not just about Pardew sitting back and letting the team play, he needs to help structure them and work on it... and (hopefully) they have.

Anita - "I can’t wait to show the fans what we have been working on and where we are. We have played good football in training and we want to show it in the Premier League."

Is that a genuine quote? Seriously heartening if it is.

It's not just about Pardew sitting back and letting the team play, he needs to help structure them and work on it. I'm not expecting a vast difference, but it seems they have been giving it a go.

Is that a genuine quote? Seriously heartening if it is.

Aye. http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/well-shock-premier-league-rivals-5430438

Guest bimpy474

It's not just about Pardew sitting back and letting the team play, he needs to help structure them and work on it... and (hopefully) they have.

Yep, the stuff we been reading and hearing sounds good. Thing is that's what Pardew is famous for, talking. I'm hoping it's better and i see some good football this season. I want pardew to develop a system, with passing and movement. Flexible enough to change formation but keep the passing and movement, not changing so it just means sitting back and hoofing it forward.

Training doesn't have the same intensity and pressure and it'll be interesting to see when the gloves are off and we at some point we are inevitably under the cosh if we stick with game plan or revert to type.