Alan Pardew

Mike

poyet is out of work

Watch this space.

If that was going to happen it would have done by now. Unless he's still out of work for the next few months by which time Pardew might get sacked, then it's unlikely.

I think pardew has 10 games to prove himself.

poyet is out of work

Watch this space.

If that was going to happen it would have done by now. Unless he's still out of work for the next few months by which time Pardew might get sacked, then it's unlikely.

I think pardew has 10 games to prove himself.

Be less than that. 5 should be a good indicator.

Just watching the Simpsons, they are stuck out at sea.  A seagull flies over, Flanders says something like "We are safe! Seagulls only fly close to the shore" then it drops dead into the sea and Homer excitedly shouts "Woohoo, see boy I was right!".

Reminded me so much of this thread at the end of last season :lol:  :blush:

Picked up the Times today and it's got an interview with John O'Shea talking about the Do Canio revolution at Sunderland. He's praising Short for having the foresight to sack MON and reckons Di Canio has been using the pre-season to instill a passing game from the back, and all in all seems very upbeat about how it's going. Di Canio's had plenty of support in the transfer market and he's brought his own coaches and scouting personnel with him.

It might all go south when the season starts, but in contrast, Pardew's muddled approach leaves me feeling very nervous for this season. We just don't seem to have the same intent or drive from the boardroom down to the coaching team. We could do with more players coming in, but our first signing should have been a new manager. 

We just don't seem to have the same intent or drive

exactly what i was saying yesterday, except i don't expect it from the board anymore but i expected to see it from a man who should be fighting for his fucking job

i think he wants binning and the payoff, only thing that explains him sleepwalking

We have also heard that Pardew is trying similar, working more on possession and movement.

Yes he is, we started this last season, but it's the equivalent of Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce trying to switch to a different style. It doesn't come naturally and you end up with a confused team and a confused game plan which goes out of the window when the pressure is on. I was actually getting quite excited when I heard about potential signings like Remy and Gomis, but then I stop and realise we still aren't going to have any real direction under Pardew, it's just a case of throwing new players at it and let's see what happens.

I just can't have any faith in the man, regardless of what is being said.

The evidence on the pitch suggests that he's standing on the edge of the training pitch shouting "Ah well lads try again - you know what they say, 1000th time's a charm"

I just can't have any faith in the man, regardless of what is being said.

The evidence on the pitch suggests that he's standing on the edge of the training pitch shouting "Ah well lads try again - you know what they say, 1000th time's a charm"

Being the lazy t*** that I am on a lazy Sunday morning, I read through the very first Pardew thread.

Really amazing that this c*** is still here. Barring a few cheeky sarcastic edits from some posters after we finished 5th, the vast majority of fans were 100% spot on being so worried at this appointment. He brings nothing positive to the club. Nothing but lies, excuses and negativity. He is so way out of his depth it's frightening that he is partly responsible for a multi-million pound business.

Also, a lot of the rhetoric he spouted upon his appointment focused on youth development. It was apparently part of his mandate. Not that I'm very clued up on the subject, but he just doesn't seem to have anything to do with any kind of youth development/recruitment strategy at the club?

Can't wait for the day we are rid of him, one way or another.

Guest Dontooner

Took a heart attack to get rid of Joe and now he is back.

I wonder what it needs to get rid of Pardew.... Hope Joe is jamming it to Pardew.

Since Pardew is making a part of my life miserable, i hope someone does the same to him.

There's a lot of people wasting a lot of time typing the same stuff over and over now. Just accept he's not very good and wait for him to get sacked like I am.

:thup:

Although I reserve the right to defend myself once people start suggesting I'm enjoying how terrible we are.

There's a lot of people wasting a lot of time typing the same stuff over and over now. Just accept he's not very good and wait for him to get sacked like I am.

Oh yeah, I'm just saying even if we land another signing like Gomis, best not to expect too much. An inferior team that's well organised and motivated will beat a bunch of talented individuals with poor coaching and a half baked game plan.