Alan Pardew

Mike

'We have to react to the market. If we were Man City and need a striker, we just go out and pay £37million for one and everyone else has to react on the back of that.'

'If we were to sell one of our big players, which would generate funds, we might split it into two and use the finance to replace him and strengthen in another position.'The bottom line is that we have a procedure in place to get transfers in and now Joe is directly the in-line manager for the board and Mike, the owner, so therefore I request to him what I think the team needs and he has to try to get them over the line. We all work together to do that.'

'There is a process where he comes in but the proof is in the pudding really and we have to make sure we get one or two transfers over the line before deadline. This has been a particularly poor week on a number of levels. But you get that. Sometimes adversity comes, so let's get it out of the way, let's sort ourselves out and make sure we are ready to rumble in the 37 games left.'

Are these the quotes which are meant to get us all in a twist?

Quotes from a Daily Mail article, nowt online regarding the Gazette quotes yet.

Guest reefatoon

I have no faith what so ever in this man to lead our team, and I think there could be a few season ticket cards been thrown in his direction come 16.45 on saturday

Hopefully one of them catches his jugular.

'Cabaye is a great player. In my opinion, he is one of the best in the world in that position and I have worked with Michael Carrick and (Javier) Mascherano, so I like to think I know.

Oh fuck me he's got to go god damn it!

'Cabaye is a great player. In my opinion, he is one of the best in the world in that position and I have worked with Michael Carrick and (Javier) Mascherano, so I like to think I know.

Oh fuck me he's got to go god damn it!

The same Mascherano who he benched so he could play Hayden Mullins ?  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Luke Edwards on Talksport

http://talksport.com/football/edwards-newcastle%E2%80%99s-lack-transfer-activity-13082256836?

According to him Pardew can't be judged unless he gets the players he asks for  :iamatwat:

It's like last seasons dross, a season long dross is not his fault at all.

He must Wine and dine Douglas, Edwards and Ryder every night.

Well i don't really remember one journo or tv pundit saying it as it is. And surely the way we play football is what their supposed to be talking about.

http://talksport.com/football/edwards-newcastle%E2%80%99s-lack-transfer-activity-13082256836?

According to him Pardew can't be judged unless he gets the players he asks for  :iamatwat:

Well i don't really remember one journo or tv pundit saying it as it is. And surely the way we play football is what their supposed to be talking about.

Yea, I'm quite shocked how little press attention our terrible football gets actually.

I almost pissed myself when I heard Neville and Carragher say we were going to "go for it" on monday night.

Those Pardew Daily Mail quotes show exactly what this club is all about now: Sell to buy. He says exactly that.

Other clubs, even Southampton and West Ham, are using the TV money to buy players or their gate money or any of a multitude of other revenue streams. Our ONLY revenue stream for buying players is the sale of existing players. They're investing, we're replacing. We're utterly fucked whilst that mindset continues.

Guest bimpy474

Yea, I'm quite shocked how little press attention our terrible football gets actually.

I almost pissed myself when I heard Neville and Carragher say we were going to "go for it" on monday night.

It is baffling as we've been very defensive and playing rubbish football for a long time now. The only thing some of them have picked up on is the poor set pieces. It's as if they dont actually watch us.

Sure they were trotting out the Europa League bollocks again on Monday night, it's ludicrous that nobody in the media pulled them on that.

the media agree about the Europa League being a waste of time that will hurt sides.

Guest bimpy474

Sure they were trotting out the Europa League bollocks again on Monday night, it's ludicrous that nobody in the media pulled them on that.

the media agree about the Europa League being a waste of time that will hurt sides.

Being tired yes, playing football like a drain i think not. It's the playing like a drain that's getting completely missed.

Steve Howey was at it today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2398727/Alan-Pardew-hung-dry-Newcastle-says-Steve-Howey.html

Don't get me wrong, you could certainly argue that Pardew gets a rough deal on transfers to a degree, but it's as if these people don't watch the games and add 2 and 2 together to realise that the team really isn't the sum of its parts.  Disappointing, but that's the football world for you - people that see highlights of us and read the tabloids having their opinions held higher than people who watch the games every week.

Guest bimpy474

Steve Howey was at it today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2398727/Alan-Pardew-hung-dry-Newcastle-says-Steve-Howey.html

Don't get me wrong, you could certainly argue that Pardew gets a rough deal on transfers to a degree, but it's as if these people don't watch the games and add 2 and 2 together to realise that the team really isn't the sum of its parts.  Disappointing, but that's the football world for you - people that see highlights of us and read the tabloids having their opinions held higher than people who watch the games every week.

Pardew is well liked in the media which gives him a mental amount of wiggle room. Henry Winter on the Sunday Supplement last Sunday said he's a quality manager. Does Henry even watch us to come to that completely baffling conclusion. I dont think he could have.

thing is though he is being hung out to dry, everyone here can agree this squad is at best horribly unbalanced at worst downright poor and Pardew is the one who has to take the flak for it. The squads a collection of individuals who in theory are reasonably talented but theres been no clear vision of the type of football thats expected to be played the only consideration taken is: 1 is he cheap 2 does he have massive resale value and thats no way at all to build a squad.

The manager has 0 input into what he has to work with every day, the guy who's supposed to have a side which reflects his football value has no say in the players being bought, what was very clear this summer is Pardew wanted a focus on the domestic market and a british core to be restored to a squad which is sorely lacking it. Instead he was ignored, potential bargains go elsewhere while our new glorious transfer guru the best director of football in the world (his words) probably goes out on the piss every night laughing while he counts down the days until he's back in the dugout.

So the club right now is a mix and match squad with 0 width, one senior striker we own worth even half a damn (who the club was in dispute for half the summer with) our only bit of creativity in the centre of the park wants to go somewhere else or Ashley wants him to go somewhere else for a large pile of cash, our other creative/potentially creative players both have a tendency to break rather easily, the few domestic players we do have are either kids, braindead or shola and our captain wanted to leave the club for 6 months! And lets not even get into the mess that is the administration of the club (just who the hell is actually running the club now that dekka's gone and how the hell did the one kinda sensible stable bit fall apart so quickly without him). Frankly I'd be shocked if any manager in the world could succeed under these bloody circumstances all created by one guy who really doesn't know what he's doing in football.