Alan Pardew

Mike

He can't win.

Says he's disappointed at lack of signings = "excuses" thread material + potentially he undermines the squad we do have.

Says we have a good squad, retained Cabaye etc etc = spineless Ashley hoop licker.

He can't win?  Give your head a shake man, it's win/win for him.  If he keeps the job he can leave a rich man, if he gets sacked tomorrow he leaves a rich man.

He can't win.  :lol:

I'm just talking about what he says after this window. It will get spat on however he spins it. I don't think any of us has a clue what he gets paid now or what he'd get if he got sacked. And tbh that wasn't the point of my post. 

Back to your original point, I don't think anybody would complaint or post what he says in the "Pardew excuses" thread if he came out and said that we failed in the transfer window and that he is now concerned that we have a weaker squad than last year. So no it's not a lose lose for him.

BUT, if he comes out now and defend the transfer window with nonsense like we did well because we still have Cabaye or that we do have a strong squad that can compete in all competitions and then starts squeling like a gutted pig that our squad is weak and players are tired because of all the injuries sometime in November, then yes I do expect him to be roasted alive. In case you did not notice, this is exactly what happened last season.

Guest Dontooner

Hopefully we are reserving all the $$$ to find a new manager. Replacing the manager is much more important than recruiting players for me.

It does baffle me why people keep on banging on about Pardew having no choice like, and being in a no win situation, for the reasons already stated.

He's in it for his own personal gain, he's not the last bastian of decency perilously sailing the stormy waves for the good of the club. He's a shit manager desperate not to lose the best job he'll ever get.

Whey he obviously has the power of choice, being human and all.

If, however, he wishes to stay in his job and attempt to do the best he can for Newcastle United, his choices are limited. Nobody is claiming he is a bastian (schweinsteiger?) of decency man, just realistic about his viable options.

Seriously, should we hope him to do well now?

Nah, hope he does s**** and takes us down. Dat relegation feel.

Can't be serious? Really can't understand those who feel that the best way to get out of this Ashley, JFK and Pardew mess is for us to get relegated again. And then start fresh and anew. Thing is, we won't get back up so easily like the last time. Some are feeling that we will just go down this season and we will come straight back up with a new regime. Don't think that will happen. We will be in deeper shit, possibly without an owner, or one that wants to sell the club at crazy price, might not have a manager or an interim one who wants to be here like Hughton was and most of our players will definitely flog out once we're relegated.

I love that people are still sticking up for him, as if he's on our side :lol:

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the piss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the p*ss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

Pardew knows exactly what is going on and what he signed up for and knows where he is best, he takes the piss out of fans as much as the rest of them. I'm not even convinced Ashley will ever sack him no matter what

Guest Bert Shaft

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the p*ss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

:clap:

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the piss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

I don't think anyone believes that really, I certainly don't. But I do believe he would want signings in, like any manager.

I don't think anyone believes that really, I certainly don't. But I do believe he would want signings in, like any manager.

:thup:

Of course he does but equally he's more than aware of what's going on, and won't say anything for feat of upsetting big mike and losing the best job he will ever get. I think it's fair to say he's demonstrated his complete lack if spine. He's as complicit in this as Ashley and JFK

Fair point really, I don't disagree with that. As we've discussed though, I don't think that Pardew not walking out in protest is really a criticism of him. Firstly, why should he not try to hold onto such a brilliant job? And secondly, any manager Ashley employed would have to do the same thing.

Of course he does but equally he's more than aware of what's going on, and won't say anything for feat of upsetting big mike and losing the best job he will ever get. I think it's fair to say he's demonstrated his complete lack if spine. He's as complicit in this as Ashley and JFK

Fair point really, I don't disagree with that. As we've discussed though, I don't think that Pardew not walking out in protest is really a criticism of him. Firstly, why should he not try to hold onto such a brilliant job? And secondly, any manager Ashley employed would have to do the same thing.

It depends on your moral standpoint I guess. If he feels that it doesn't bother him that he's a central cog in something that is ripping the soul out of a football club and he's okay with that, that's his call. For me, I wouldn't want to be involved in that. He can still leave at this point and prob get a relatively good job

Aye, again fair. I think your assessment of the situation is a bit of an exaggeration, but I understand it. Guess it's up to him to weigh the situation, and everyone's entitled to judge him for it I guess. I just personally think that it's not such a bad thing to try to work within his restrictions to do the best job he can.

It depends on your moral standpoint I guess. If he feels that it doesn't bother him that he's a central cog in something that is ripping the soul out of a football club and he's okay with that, that's his call. For me, I wouldn't want to be involved in that. He can still leave at this point and prob get a relatively good job

I'd be absolutely raging and have no doubt Pardew is feeling just that. But...

I'd still be in a privileged position I'd unlikely get a shot at again, still feel I'm in a position to see the team do well, and still be working every day with a remarkably talented group of players (whether they'd been bought on the cheap or not). I'd tell Kinnear he's fucking useless in private, but I'd not make the club look an actual joke by doing it in public.

I wouldn't blame him for walking, but if I could handle the stress I wouldn't walk myself.

I'd still be in a privileged position I'd unlikely get a shot at again, I'd still feel I'm in a position to see the team do well, I'd still be working every day with a remarkably talented group of players (whether they'd been bought on the cheap or not). I'd tell Kinnear he's fucking useless in private, but I'd not make the club look an actual joke by doing it in public.

I wouldn't walk.

I'd still be in a privileged position I'd unlikely get a shot at again, I'd still feel I'm in a position to see the team do well, I'd still be working every day with a remarkably talented group of players (whether they'd been bought on the cheap or not). I'd tell Kinnear he's f***ing useless in private, but I'd not make the club look an actual joke by doing it in public.

I wouldn't walk.

Same for me. Regardless of the club missing the opportunity to strengthen he's not going to get a squad this good at any other club he goes to.

Guest icemanblue

Man this guy is going to sound dumb whenever he dares to open his stupid mouth.

Stand down man! Stand down!

How he has the gaul to do the next press conference...

The 'gaul'? Doesn't really have a choice, does he?