Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

Needs to back this up against Norwich & WBA with convincing performances.

Yep. We are in a great position now to kick on, but we'll need to show different qualities in those games.

It true NUFC tradition, it's those games we usually fuck up in.

Yep. We are in a great position now to kick on, but we'll need to show different qualities in those games.

:thup: 4 points from those two games would be the absolute minimum expectation. Knowing us we'll come away with one point.

It's an 11/12 result. We have one player taking a solitary chance that came his way, we're playing very defensively and negatively for the most part, and we're relying on the opposition fluffing their chances/Krul playing a blinder/clearances off the line to go our way.

Happy with the result, but let's not start counting chickens just yet. At this point in time it's the one step forward after having already taken 2 steps back solely under Pardew's management.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Before the Sunderland game he said Steve Bruce told him ''that's ruined my next 6 weeks'' when we won the derby 0-1.

I'm glad he's learned from Bruce's mistakes and got us motivated because it wasn't a tactical victory today it was fighting tooth and nail. :thup:

Was foaming when Ben Arfa didnt start against chelsea, now two wins later it all makes sense. Fair play to him, the team spirit we have shown since the derby has been excellent.

It actually makes you wonder whether there is any issue between ben arfa and the rest.

It's put me in mind of another passage from Fergie's new book...

http://i40.tinypic.com/k99wl3.jpg

If Liverpool, Mackems, Chelsea and Spurs had gone to expectation we'd have 3 points from them.  As it is 7 points is a superb return from those fixtures.  The disappointment of the derby and the reaction we've shown should spur us (no pun intended) on to a run in the next 3 games...just disappointing we have to wait a fortnight for the next game.

Before the Sunderland game he said Steve Bruce told him ''that's ruined my next 6 weeks'' when we won the derby 0-1.

I'm glad he's learned from Bruce's mistakes and got us motivated because it wasn't a tactical victory today it was fighting tooth and nail. :thup:

Yeah :thup:

This is key for me really. If we cant show those qualities after the recent results, when will we ever do it under Pardew? Our confidence & self belief should be flying.

There's no getting rid of him now!!

Fair play, the team have definitely been up for the cause in the last two games and he gets a good share of the credit for that.

The next two games will be a test of whether the motivation continues, but I would never have believed we would have got these last 6 points so well done to him.

We came away from Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs with 7 fucking points. Shocked, impressed, confused. :lol:

Imagine if we'd even got a shit point at the Mackems. :anguish:

Still, can't argue. Absolutely perfect response.

We're back to playing like we did in 11/12. Hard work all over the shop, and a few glimpses of quality here and there.

Aye, that performance was pretty much a carbon copy of many from that season. Sheer resilience seen us over the line. Had Krul not put in the best goalkeeping performance of the season this thread would be 10 extra pages long and filled with "cunt." :lol:

You cannot really expect much away to Tottenham though, so anything is a bonus really and we thankfully did enough in the first 20 minutes to get the points.

This is key for me really. If we cant show those qualities after the recent results, when will we ever do it under Pardew? Our confidence & self belief should be flying.

Well this is a fabulous opportunity for Pardew to shut all the critics up. We were lucky today tbh, but if we get a couple of decent results in the next two games no one will have any reason to gripe. We are up there in touching distance of the Euro places.

We're back to playing like we did in 11/12. Hard work all over the shop, and a few glimpses of quality here and there.

Aye, that performance was pretty much a carbon copy of many from that season. Sheer resilience seen us over the line. Had Krul not put in the best goalkeeping performance of the season this thread would be 10 extra pages long and filled with "cunt." :lol:

You cannot really expect much away to Tottenham though, so anything is a bonus really and we thankfully did enough in the first 20 minutes to get the points.

Cowardly cunt, I should add. I hate it when we just let them come on to us after going one up.

Great win nevertheless.

We came away from Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs with 7 f***ing points. Shocked, impressed, confused. :lol:

Imagine if we'd even got a s*** point at the Mackems. :anguish:

Can't argue with the response since the mackem debacle, credit where it's due (still doesn't come close to making up for it mind and we absolutely must win the home derby). Stop starting with Shola please, it's neither funny nor ironic.

We came away from Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs with 7 f***ing points. Shocked, impressed, confused. :lol:

Imagine if we'd even got a s*** point at the Mackems. :anguish:

Can't argue with the response since the mackem debacle, credit where it's due (still doesn't come close to making up for it mind and we absolutely must win the home derby). Stop starting with Shola please, it's neither funny nor ironic.

Shola has done his job reasonably well, though, which only highlights how badly we need a decent target man come January.