Alan Pardew

Mike

Twitter's gone into a mini-meltdown.  Seemingly he's come out and said MYM is a full-back?!

That the quote where he said we have solid cover all across the back now with Hairdara and MYM coming in January? Some people will do anything to whinge if so :lol:

:lol:

It better be more than that. Hopefully not obviously.

Aye he's decent there but on the other hand we have Tavernier, who sees himself as a full-back getting wedged in by Pardew at centre-half and MYM in the opposite scenario.

We've also had Perch wedged in as a centre mid, Gouffran used as a left winger, Cabaye as a defensive mid and Sissoko as a number 10 ffs.  He's a f***ing muppet.

Not to mention Cisse as a winger and Jonas as a footballer  :idiot2:

Twitter's gone into a mini-meltdown.  Seemingly he's come out and said MYM is a full-back?!

Plays blinding there tbf.

He's a very good defender so no surprise there.

Aye he's decent there but on the other hand we have Tavernier, who sees himself as a full-back getting wedged in by Pardew at centre-half and MYM in the opposite scenario.

We've also had Perch wedged in as a centre mid, Gouffran used as a left winger, Cabaye as a defensive mid and Sissoko as a number 10 ffs.  He's a f***ing muppet.

Nowt'll ever top the visionary idea to use Shola out wide though.

All he said was that MYM could play fullback so we have no worries as far as fullback depth goes.

And i agree 100% at no stage did he say he was going to start MYM at fullback if everyone was fit.

The reaction has been ridiculous and caused me to close down Twitter for a while :lol:

To be fair it was Souness who discovered Shola could play on the wing.

Guest Roger Kint

All he said was that MYM could play fullback so we have no worries as far as fullback depth goes.

And i agree 100% at no stage did he say he was going to start MYM at fullback if everyone was fit.

The reaction has been ridiculous and caused me to close down Twitter for a while :lol:

Just had a look, 'The Mackem Slayer' going on like a right tit :lol:

Mind reading twitter makes this forum look like happy clappy land.

To be fair it was Souness who discovered Shola could play on the wing.

Away to West Ham in 05-06 against Pardew, I was there. He gave away a penalty and looked the square root of shite all game. Won 4-2, though.

I think he's been clever naming Remy & Bent mind. He's basically saying, "That's who I want, if we don't them then it's that cunts fault not mine", and whoever we sign instead will be blamed on JFK.

Yep.

pardew was saying on the first official interview on Radio Newcastle that it was disrespectful of Blanc to be wanking over Cabaye in the press and does exactly the same himself over those 2  :laugh:

Eh? How do you know we haven't made formal contact with the managers/chairmen/whatever of both of those players?

maybe we have but its the irony of it in interview calm down  :D

Eh? How do you know we haven't made formal contact with the managers/chairmen/whatever of both of those players?

Or that both clubs/managers have clearly let it be known they want rid. Which is slightly different to Cabaye.

It has to be said in defence of Pardew that despite his faults, it now seems that whatever he does/doesn't do ; says/doesn't say, will just be twisted into a negative connotation, no matter how ludicrous, used as a stick to beat him with and assumed to be fact by the like minded.

I think he's been clever naming Remy & Bent mind. He's basically saying, "That's who I want, if we don't them then it's that c***s fault not mine", and whoever we sign instead will be blamed on JFK.

Yep.

Guess we'll see just how provoked JFK is by Pardew's early manoeuvring when he gets back.

If he feels only slightly shafted, or that Pardew has downplayed his new DOF role too much, he's unlikely to be able to contain himself.

It's a dodgy situation, though on reflection Pardew is in a more powerful position than Kinnear, in reality. If Pardew walks, the club will be in chaos again. If Kinnear walks, it'll make next to no difference.

I think he's been clever naming Remy & Bent mind. He's basically saying, "That's who I want, if we don't them then it's that c***s fault not mine", and whoever we sign instead will be blamed on JFK.

Yep.

Guess we'll see just how provoked JFK is by Pardew's early manoeuvring when he gets back.

If he feels only slightly shafted, or that Pardew has downplayed his new DOF role too much, he's unlikely to be able to contain himself.

It's a dodgy situation, though on reflection Pardew is in a more powerful position than Kinnear, in reality. If Pardew walks, the club will be in chaos again. If Kinnear walks, it'll make next to no difference.

If Pardew walks it will play into Ashley's hands IMO. I'd like to think he's got Poyet or someone similar ready to step in, but it's more probable he'll just give Kinnear the job.

A lot of people are 100 percent sure on JFK taking over if Pardew gets the boot or he walks.

I can understand that given Ashley's record, but I have a feeling its not that simple.  I'm in the camp that believes he will employ another manager be it Poyet or somebody else.  Not JFK. 

A lot of people are 100 percent sure on JFK taking over if Pardew gets the boot or he walks.

I can understand that given Ashley's record, but I have a feeling its not that simple.  I'm in the camp that believes he will employ another manager be it Poyet or somebody else.  Not JFK. 

I don't see the likes of Poyet hanging around waiting to see if Pardew walks or not. If Ashley has someone lined up other than Kinnear he must have given them assurances that if Pardew doesn't walk, he'll be shoved at some point before the season starts. Is that likely? Less and less in my view.

Guest Roger Kint

I dont think JFK would be manager at all. Medically and age wise it makes zero sense(insert usual Ashleyism) and i fully expect a new manager to come in working under JFK if Pardew walked/or was sacked.

Ashley showed his faith in Pardew when he got rid of Llambias. IMO Pardew and Llambias didnt get on and it was probably Pardew who wantd a football man above him.

When Kinnear rocked up, it must have been a shock to everyone. The only way Pardew will be sacked is on Kinnears advice, which is far too early. When things go wrong they will end up blaming each other.

I dont see Kinnear being our manager again.

I don't see the likes of Poyet hanging around waiting to see if Pardew walks or not. If Ashley has someone lined up other than Kinnear he must have given them assurances that if Pardew doesn't walk, he'll be shoved at some point before the season starts. Is that likely? Less and less in my view.

Like I said it could be somebody else, we never expected Pardew after Hughton.

Ashley showed his faith in Pardew when he got rid of Llambias. IMO Pardew and Llambias didnt get on and it was probably Pardew who wantd a football man above him.

When Kinnear rocked up, it must have been a shock to everyone. The only way Pardew will be sacked is on Kinnears advice, which is far too early. When things go wrong they will end up blaming each other.

Llambias wasn't sacked. He resigned.

Really? All the inside info I've read is that Pardew and Llambias were good pals and it was Llambias who stuck up for Pardew and pushed for the 8 year contract, which would also explain why he's resigned if Ashley is regretting handing a long term deal to an incompetent.

Really? All the inside info I've read is that Pardew and Llambias were good pals and it was Llambias who stuck up for Pardew and pushed for the 8 year contract, which would also explain why he's resigned if Ashley is regretting handing a long term deal to an incompetent.

Indeed, all the evidence so far suggests Pardew and Derek were pretty close. The breakdown of the Ashley/Llambias relationship seems to be why JFK was brought in, and therefore Llambias resigned.